Originally posted by: sania_58

Table No.21 Movie Review

Madhureeta Mukherjee, TNN, Jan 3, 2013, 04.38PM IST  
Critic's Rating:   3/5
Cast: Rajeev Khandelwal, Paresh Rawal, Tena Desae
Direction: Aditya Datt
Genre: Thriller
Duration: 1 hour 50 minutes

Story: A couple takes on the challenge to play a game of Truth or Die. 8 questions, 8 tasks, 8 answers, with rapid fire rounds too. Even one lie and it's a death call.

Movie Review: A Table for two, please? With a stunning view of the Fiji islands, the finest champagne, exclusive service and a lavish 8-course meal. And guess what? It costs absolutely nothing. Now, before you growl with greed, let's see what's on the menu - blood and bravado, love and lies, truth and treachery, money and mind-games. Vivaan (Rajeev Khandelwal) and Siya (Tena Desae), a middle-class couple win a free trip to the exotic Fiji Islands. Soon, this freebie of an affair turns into a reality show for 8 million viewers on the internet. The couple is invited by one Mr.Khan (Paresh Rawal) who's a quiz-master and 'not a terrorist', to Table No. 21 - A live game show where 8 questions are asked, followed by a daunting task. All they have to do is bare (at times bleed) their hearts and say nothing but sach and walk home with the prize money of 21 crores. The rules are simple: Say one lie and be ready to die and once you are on the hot-seat, there's no turning back. The heavenly island turns into a Hell-home, and the couple is torn between a web of lies, truth and shocking reality. Of course, this 'Crorepati' game unlike the real one, needs no recap of your GG (read: general gyan), or a 'lifeline' to save the day.

Rajeev Khandelwal, takes on the sach ka saamna game sportingly, using his intensity and good-looks, in some parts; he portrays the much needed despair and desperation, but this isn't a full-blown performance for an actor of calibre. Paresh Rawal is not the most charming game-show host, but he's not supposed to be. He's pulls off this one in his usual style (experimenting only with his look), and gives his best shot at the end. Tena Desae, has a good screen presence and enacts well in high-drama scenes.

For a story that stays focused on the lead couple, and a game-show on an island, Aditya Datt has done a good job of entertaining, serving some suspense (intriguing, if not nail-biting) and dishing it out with some hard reality bytes. The first half is slow-paced, as a thriller it has its flaws, the direction isn't really superlative, but post-interval it spins into another zone and the climax hits home.

If you're looking for a different taste for your cinema palates (minus the mirch masala), book a seat for Table No. 21. Bon appetit!

I like such movies and will surely watch it when i get time.πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ I have also seen his and Tena's interview on Zoom by Madhureeta Mukherjee it was interesting. 😊 😊
Vartika07 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: -purnima-

Celebs speak: Are we truly Republic?

Rajeev Khandelwal: "My father was in the army. And my elder brother Col. Sanjeev is currently serving in the army. I was always tempted to be a part of the army. But since my brother had already joined the armed services, I was inclined to go ahead with my other passion, acting. I'd love to do a film about the army. I enjoyed playing Capt Rajveer  πŸ˜³  in 'Left Right Left'.

I wonder why the army isn't a sought-after vocation among youngsters today. Is the army losing its sheen or does patriotism no longer have buyers? I feel every student in college should be made to go through a stint in the army."

Thank god some where he himself mentioned LRL chahe on eve of Republic Day. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†Yes i agree with him people now don't think about Army. everybody wants to be a doctor or an engineer but nobody wants to serve the country. I really feel this thing need to be changed and we should think about this career option as well.
😊 😊
Vartika07 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Shaina_b

Half the time people do not know about the movie!!!!!

Waise half the movies he signs never sees the light of the day!!!!!!

He should try something like Vicky Donor!!!!!πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

I don't know such kind of roles will suit him but he can give it a try but still when i think about WYMM i find it highly irritating. 😑
ronojoy_ria thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Mahak Sinha

Thank god some where he himself mentioned LRL chahe on eve of Republic Day. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†Yes i agree with him people now don't think about Army. everybody wants to be a doctor or an engineer but nobody wants to serve the country. I really feel this thing need to be changed and we should think about this career option as well.
😊 😊

vertu pahele sony old serials repeat hote the toh kya woh log lrl ka repeat telecast nahin dekha sakta the
sania_58 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: yazh.

he looked good

his voice was good
his walk down the stairs too
and of course his wink

mann mera played as he walked down...
the rest will be shown tomorrow

yup Yazh, kya lag raha tha mera Raj.

din din woh aur young aur handsome hota jaa raha hai. aata hai aur mera dil chura leta hai.

aur Black to Raj par sab se zyada suit karta hai.

waise Rajeev ka ek single pose, For U all ( his Entry)

Find it from Google.

sania_58 thumbnail

Just the thing i mentioned here is that time media was not reachable to the stars so much and now twitter, facebook are doing a lot of work.πŸ˜› πŸ˜› Media has reached in to their houses and bed rooms as well.  If u know someone is going to be replaced by anyone that such problems will always take place.

replacement, matlab ek character ka pehchaan badal jaana

har audience ke liye accept karna muskil ho jaata hai.

Popular Character ko replace karnewala agar koi popular face ho, tab shayad baat ban jaaye,

but kuch character ko replace karna impossible ho jaata hai.jaise Sujal tha, Gurry jaisa Actor kaise replace karta??? ( no offence to anyone)

jaise tha Captain Rajveer, jisse replace karne ka himmat to Directors ne bhi nahin li, ek alag character hi introduce kiya, jo Rajveer ki kami poori karne ki kohsish ki, but i think, Failed.
sania_58 thumbnail

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

This was one of the biggest reason for me not to watch that show just see the start to check how is he looking.
😊 😊

Raj as a Host, yeh dekhne main mujhe koi problem nahin hai.

mujhe Raj ke Host karne ka andaaz pasand aata hai.

SKS ke liye main kahungi, SKS path breaking cocept tha, but sirf ek baar kaam karne layak.

First season bohut hi accha TRP aur controversy dono gain kiya. Reality show jab tak controversy gain nahin karta tab tak kahin naa kahin successful nahin hota..

SKS ka Season 1 main Raj ka big hair wala look tha, but SKS 2 main Raj ka look, hayeee, main mar jawa😳😳😳😳😳

saath hi Raj ne aapna host karne ka andaaz main bhi bohut improvement kiya tha.main shocked hui thi jab Raj ko kisi bhi Telly award show main Best Host ka nomination bhi nahin mila tha.πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

par honestly, main Raj ko Satyamev Jayate type show host karte hue dekhna chahti hoon, kyun ki aise show hi uske honest personality ke saath suit karta hai.
sania_58 thumbnail

I know Raj was good as Sujal but Kashish and the thing in which he wanted her at any cost made me irritated and also i don't like Ms. make up box. 😑 😑

main naa Sujal ko kabhi hate nahin kar sakti, never ever.

par uske baad jab maine captain Rajveer ko dekhi, to mujhe laga itne siddat se bhi koi kar sakta hai?????

Rajveer mera inspiration bana, Rajveer Zindagi ka ek hissa bana. Ek fictional character ko main respect karne laagi.

I love Sujal no doubt. but Rajveer uss main to ek alag hi baat thi naa???
sania_58 thumbnail

Originally posted by: yazh.

Parents and teachers must often tell children about the benefits (material, sense of well-being) of being in the army, tell them it is a good career option.
And girls should be willing to marry army men, be willing to adjust when they are posted in sensitive areas. 

Sab to Army main nahin jaa sakte, but yes, zyada logo ko jaana chayiye.

lekin sab ko khud ko bachane ka tranning zaroor lena chayiye. Mentally & physically strong hona parega.

khud ki madad karne ke saath saath humhe dusro ki bhi madad karni chayiye.I think yehi pledge hum he iss Republic Day lena chayiye.
sania_58 thumbnail

Sach me mujhe mostly Ekta k show making styles samajh hi nahi aate  n in KTH us ne to had hi kar di thi.😑 πŸ˜‘ Even i was not satisfied with KSBKBT and now i feel her shows have become a bit better recently.πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ Sujal ko to kabhi kabhi mera bhi man karta tha do thappad maar doon.😑 😑

but Mahek, I think Sujal ke wajah Kashish ke liye tum he woh do thappad reserve karni chayiye.

woh hi sab se well deserved Candidate hai.

mana ki Sujal ke bohut saari harkaat se main bhi agree nahin karti, par kya karu??? usse naa hi nafrat kar sakti hoon main, naa hi irritated ho sakti hoon main.

but tum sab ki point of view ka bhi main respect karti hoon.