Female singers on saregamapa

April2007 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
All the female singers are removed. Only male singers and male judges remain. No more Ashaji's or Lataji.'s songs.

Idon,t want to just hear male voices , I want equal representation by both genders for that reason I will not watch the show. The show has become one sided and very boring.
Edited by April2007 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mdroy thumbnail
This year's female singers were weak.  Sugandha or Sniti would have been great this season.

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yep Sugandha and Sniti would have given awesome fight..
amukta thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Abhilasha could have done a very good job.She was so good last season.How could you forget her when she was the finalist.Edited by amukta - 11 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Amukta you are absolutely right abt Abhilasha..

My response was comparing the classical guru MA and tough fight..

This yr we have genre specific singers minusing Vishwajeet and Jasraj..

I am not aware of Abhilasha's classical training or background..She might have been..Have not heard her sing anything Pure clasical..

mdroy thumbnail
I did not mean to forget Abhilasha.  But she was a finalist so she got her due -- those other girls were shortchanged.

music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I would rather hear good singing, male or female does not matter.

Yeah ! Like i wrote before, misogynists exists in the form of channel or producers of these shows, i feel😳

amukta thumbnail
Originally posted by: music-a-muse

I would rather hear good singing, male or female does not matter.

Yeah ! Like i wrote before, misogynists exists in the form of channel or producers of these shows, i feel😳

hamara bharath is full of mysogynists right from our ancestors and I do not see light at the end of the tunnel.Right from  parents to netas to teachers to pundits to preachers...putting down women and treating them with disrespect is become a part of Indian ethos😡
amukta thumbnail
Abhilasha is well trained in Carnatic music and is now pursuing in that field.In fact she wants to teach Carnatic music and that is her passion she said.She did go to Suresh Wadkar for some training in light HindustanI music.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Originally posted by: amukta

Abhilasha is well trained in Carnatic music and is now pursuing in that field.In fact she wants to teach Carnatic music and that is her passion she said.She did go to Suresh Wadkar for some training in light HindustanI music.

Thanks Amu for sharing this info...I wish she had showcased her Carnatic training in one of her performances...Wonderful to hear she is also getting trained under SW for hindustani music.  SHe defo is very talented gal..Loved her from VOI days