Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

...Seema... thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
awesome update.madhu past is qt horrible poor madhu feeling bad for her.last lines scared me something bad going to happen?thanx for pm
luvera thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vmpy

awesome update.madhu past is qt horrible poor madhu feeling bad for her.last lines scared me something bad going to happen?thanx for pm

Good follows the bad ... Bad never lets go of the good ... Isn't that a vicious cycle??/
Donnaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
nice update
loved it...

luvera thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Chapter 68

Rishab barely slept the whole night. He spent part of the night taking in the content and happy face of a sleeping Madhu. Madhu, who had opened her heart in its whole to him, the good and the bad and now was revelling in the happiness of being together now and forever. The other part of the night he spent trying to put together words to tell her that the night has brought in a different morning, a morning that neither of them had planned for nor wanted but reality can be kept waiting only for so long, it was time, time for his return. Just the thought of being away from her was like someone had stuck a dagger in his heart.

The morning rays had shone its light in every direction and it was time. Madhu stirred in her sleep and turned towards Rishab moving in closer to his body. She smiled as his chest hair that peaked out of his slightly unbuttoned shirt tickled her face. She took a deep sniff of his natural musk and opened her eyes, only to turn deep red in embarrassment as she realised that he was awake and watching her. She was about to turn away when he held her by the side of her face and turned her back to him. "Don't ever turn away from me. Don't ever look away from my gaze. I don't think I would be able to survive if you did."

Madhu raised her eyebrow at him. "Okay... What is it? You can be pretty romantic if you wanna be.. But this romantic?? It is kinda non-digestible."

"Wow!!!! If a guy isn't romantic enough he is put through the third degree and if he is, it is third degree again. What does a guy have to do?"

Madhu narrowed her eyes into slits and looked him over. "Something is bothering you. Your eyes are kinda swollen. You haven't slept all night, have you?"

She sat up and turned to him. "Rishab, I know you love me. But if something is bothering you, I think I have earned the right to share in it and stand by you through it, even if I may not be able to help you with it."

Rishab took in a deep breadth. Here goes nothing. "I have to go back today." Seeing the glow vanish from her face, he immediately continued. "Bittuji called last night and asked me to come immediately. He couldn't get into the details of the matter but if it was not important he wouldn't have called." He looked at her and tried to figure out what was going through her mind.

She mulled over what he said. She watched him watching her for some sign of what she was thinking and almost smiled. His face grew more tense as he waited for her to say something. Finally she decided she had tortured him enough. "I am coming with you." Saying so, she got up, unzipped the tent and ventured outside, leaving him gaping.

"You have been awfully quiet these couple of days? What's up with you?" Deepali turned towards Sikander taking in his quiet serious look. When he continued to ignore her, she rolled her eyes murmuring, "All this over a girl..!!!! Sheesh!!" Sikander was irritated by her questions, irritated by her nosing around, irritated by the heat, irritated by the weather, irritated by just about everything. He retaliated, "This coming from you...??" Just as she was about to retort back, he turned towards her and through gritted teeth he said, "Could you just Shut Up!! I have a headache. I don't know why Dad wanted us to be back today itself. But if I have to hear you talk all the way home, I will just leave you right here and tell him that you were eaten by a coyote or something. And don't you think that I am bluffing. I dare you to try me!!" Deepali was shocked at his words. He never really talks to anyone let alone her like that. But she was too stubborn to just him have the last word. Well if she can't say anything, she can do something. So like a child, she stuck out her tongue at Sikander and screwed up her face at him. He just tightened his grip on the steering wheel till his knuckles turned white so as to keep his hands occupied, because they wanted to be elsewhere doing something that had been wanting to do since they had set off driving to the nearest airport that morning, namely strangling her to death.

So far his plan was going just the way he wanted. Playing dumb was always advantageous. People tend to let down their guard around you when they think you are a dumb-f**k with money. But he was anything but dumb. He had been keeping a tab on Rishab ever since he got into business with him. Rishab was a smart aleck, very good at business and so long as it was proving advantageous to him there was no need to snatch away the reins from him. Initially he let things go when they were starting off in the construction business. But now that they had built a solid name in the market, he didn't understand why Rishab wanted to still follow laws and fulfil his social responsibilities when there was more profit to be made by bending rules and overlooking them sometimes.

He had been trying to find a way to gain control over Rishab. And for a while he thought that it could be done when his daughter showed interest in Rishab. But over time when it was clear that Rishab had no interest in his daughter that dream of control seemed to be moving away from him. Then he saw the way Rishab looked at Miss. Madhubala Mallik. That look spelt trouble, trouble for him and his daughter.

He had a detective already tailing Rishab since long but after that he had a detective find out details on this Madhubala character who appeared from no where. When he received reports from both of them that Rishab and Madhu were up on a mountain together, he knew something had to be done and soon. He smiled thinking about his conversation with Mr. Mohan Kundra about his son Rishab and his daughter Deepali. Things will fall into place and soon.

"Oh no you don't. You both are going to stay right here on this mountain. Anyway it is just today and tomorrow and we will see each other again for lunch the day after." Madhu said with finality in her voice.

"But..." Abby and Adam whined. "Oh stop it you two. Do not give me those puppy dog eyes. Anyone would think that I am leaving you on the Alcatraz Island." (FYI - Alcatraz Island is located in the San Francisco Bay, 1.5 miles (2.4 km) offshore from San Francisco, California, United States. Often referred to as "The Rock," the small island was developed with facilities for a lighthouse, a military fortification, a military prison (1868), and a federal prison from 1933 until 1963. Native Americans kept well away from the island, calling it "Evil Island" and believing it to be cursed. Because of its isolation from the outside by the cold, strong, hazardous currents of the waters of San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz was used to house Civil War prisoners as early as 1861.)

Madhu rolled her eyes at their pouts. "Guys... Cut that out!!! Your starting to make me feel guilty now!!"

Abby and Adam jumped at her response, looking at her hopefully. "So does that mean we can come too?"

"NO!! I am not going to get candy or ice-cream that you guys want to come with me. I am going home with Rishab, because he has important 'work'. You guys are going to continue to have fun and complete the descent down this mountain. God... anyone would think I am handing out punishments. "

"But we will miss you!!" And leaning in closer to Madhu he added, "And I don't want to be stuck atop a mountain with her and Akash, watching them make-out all the time."

"Ouuchh!!" Adam grumbled rubbing his arm where he was pinched by his annoying sister.

After all the talk she gave her two friends, she was the one who ended up crying when it was time to leave. But now as she sat beside Rishab on the plane back home, she was anxious about the next phase of her life, about the upcoming talk she would be having with her father and he with his and their reactions on this matter. She held Rishab's hand a little tighter in search for support and strength.

Rishab turned towards her and placed his other hand atop hers. "It will end well.", he said assuringly. "Promise?" Madhu asked, her voice betraying her need for surety. Rishab smiled, "Promise. Like they say in the movies, if all is not well, it is not the end yet."

"Oh gosh... Were you always this cheezy or has being in love made you this cheezy?" Madhu laughed.

"It may have been cheezy, but it did get your mind off it and also brought a smile on your face." Rishab clarified as Madhu held on to his arm and placed her head in the crook of his neck.

"Mumbai here we come!"

"Sir, they are on their way back to Mumbai," the hired detective called to let Mr. Bhatia in on the latest development.

"Hmmm.. Keep me updated if anything else happens." Mr. Bhatia answered back and ended the call as soon as he could given the fact that the father of the one he was having tailed was sitting in front of him.

"Sorry about that. I thought I would take the day off today since my children are coming home from their trip today. But unfortunately work calls. I will take your leave and see all of you for dinner day after tomorrow." He said getting up to make a quick exit. He was not expecting the sudden return of Rishab and Madhu and needed to escalate his plans.

Saumya19 thumbnail
So here rises the hell again...why cant Rishabh and Madhu live happily ever after just like that...very nicely written...I am already hating Kuku Bhatia but I have developed a soft corner to Sikki...I am soo looking forward to future chapters...I have nominated switched for the FF awards...🤗
ANI0 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nyc update
xpecting nxt soon
luvera thumbnail

Originally posted by: mytinypaintings

So here rises the hell again...why cant Rishabh and Madhu live happily ever after just like that...very nicely written...I am already hating Kuku Bhatia but I have developed a soft corner to Sikki...I am soo looking forward to future chapters...I have nominated switched for the FF awards...🤗

Okay wait a minute... What FF awards?? Send me a link to this awards of which you speak... And also thankyou for nominating Switched...
Edited by luvera - 10 years ago
luvera thumbnail

Originally posted by: ANI0

nyc update

xpecting nxt soon

hmmm ... Next weekend... I blame it on the fact that it is spring... I spend more time outside taking in the sun than inside...
luvera thumbnail

Originally posted by: mytinypaintings

Think about this...
If there was no hate how would one know love...
If there was no poor how would one know riches...
If there was no sadness how would one know happiness...

Love, hate, rich, poor, sadness, happiness is never forever... It could be there one day and gone in the next.. Just like life...
Saumya19 thumbnail

Originally posted by: luvera

Think about this...
If there was no hate how would one know love...
If there was no poor how would one know riches...
If there was no sadness how would one know happiness...

Love, hate, rich, poor, sadness, happiness is never forever... It could be there one day and gone in the next.. Just like life...

Yeah I know if they could live happily ever afte just like that what tales would be there to tell...here is the link for the FF nominations