Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dixie123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: adi2512

Girls..

we., the ones., who are re reading are going on discussing...and the ones who have not read till now are still silent...πŸ˜•πŸ˜†

Sunday is kind of a bad day for me esp my Sunday mornings.. Will not to be able to catch up here..
dixie123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: adi2512

Mr. Bennet - A typical husband whose wife is not an intellectual equal with him...yet takes a certain amount of pleasure on  her idiosyncrasies...

Not able to keep a check on her...a meek soul...may be b'coz of his love towards her...πŸ€”

Mrs Bennet ( as they say in Hindi naa - " Nautanki...!!!" ) - Haaww...the picturization of her in the BBC version - SOOO fits the bill..and of course of Mr. Bennet too...πŸ˜†

A marriage out of Love or by a mere chance...!!!πŸ˜•

Mrs.Bennet is very proud of her beauty. Maybe he fell for her looks and that was love for them..
It does seem like the hubby loves to tease the wife and mostly sarcastically all the time.
dixie123 thumbnail
"You take delight in vexing me. You have no compassion on my poor nerves.'' Bennet replies, ''You mistake me, my dear. I have a high respect for your nerves. They are my old friends. I have heard you mention them with consideration these twenty years at least.''

🀣

These lines hadme in splits literally...
jazz89 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dixie123

Should I imagine the modern day Sanchi as Lydia  ?? πŸ˜†

No yaar she is modern day Carolene Bingley πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
jazz89 thumbnail

"You take delight in vexing me. You have no compassion on my poor nerves.'' Bennet replies, ''You mistake me, my dear. I have a high respect for your nerves. They are my old friends. I have heard you mention them with consideration these twenty years at least.''

🀣

These lines hadme in splits literally...

classic linesπŸ˜†
dixie123 thumbnail
I read 3 chapters too..😳

The chapters are not that long. We could easily do few chapters every week.
dixie123 thumbnail
So, when Bingley visits the Bennets.. how come the girls didn't get to meet the most eligible bachelor ? Was that supposed to be a norm that the girls were not supposed to meet the boy during those times ? Edited by dixie123 - 11 years ago
jazz89 thumbnail

So, when Bingley visits the Bennets.. how come the girls didn't get to meet the most eligible bachelor ? Was that supposed to be a norm that the girls were not supposed to meet the boy during those times ?

18th century english girls did not come without being called or without being purpose... england was conservative... they did meet boys but they were always accompanied by someone...offcourse lovers at that time too did not follow norms... they met in secret but in parks... or a casual stroll in garden if the boy and girls were friends😊
anshurg5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

So, when Bingley visits the Bennets.. how come the girls didn't get to meet the most eligible bachelor ? Was that supposed to be a norm that the girls were not supposed to meet the boy during those times ?

Though 18 century England was conservative ,but boys and girls were allowed to meet and even dance  in the presence of some chaperone in gatherings . Since Mr. Bennet was a peculiar gentleman ,he might forget to call his daughters for introduction.πŸ˜‰
dixie123 thumbnail
I felt it was done something on purpose to keep the girls away. How come Mrs.Bennet didn't do anything ? Even with all the conservativeness I thought she would have toot pado on the chance πŸ˜†