Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
so lakshman actually  killed sooparnakha's son..havent heard of it before

btw i loved the tale of the demon spying on sita and lakshmana cut down the tree itself

Incense thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
sita considered lakshmana as her own son...

wen lakshmana asked for sumitra's permission..sumitra advised to treat sita as his mother...and lakshmana always looked sitaji as his mother equally sita was fond of lakshmana she treated him as her own son...there is a incident which depicts the caring nature of sitaji...once lakshmana was repairing the cottage sitamaa came there and asked lakshmana to have lunch lakshmana said he was busy and he would come after some time but sita asked him to come at once and eat...lakshmana didnt have any choice and he climbed down...sita asked lakshmana to sit and then she fondly served lakshmana food...lord rama was watching the whole incident wen lakshmana went away lord rama asked sita "i have noticed tht u always ask lakshmana for the lunch first y is it so"...sita replied "my lord ...sumitra mother has entrusted lakshmana to me as a mother  i have to look after his comfort  and no mother or father can eat before their child u know we are living in the forest and there are limited resources available for us often the food isnt sufficient for all three of us..in such state my prime responsibility is towards my son...doesnt matter if i or you are left without food but my child should eat properly... and it happened many time wen ram and lakshmana ate but sita was left hungry ðŸ˜³

read in a book "sita charit "lovely isnt it...but i didnt understood if sitaji looked after lakshmana y did she said the lakshmana had eye on her no mother in the world say this to her son very very strange😕 

Edited by arti07 - 11 years ago
Incense thumbnail
Originally posted by: nneeiill

interesting tales..yea some version do say sita was ravan's daughter..and who is dvaipayana..difficult name

dvaiapayana ..pata nahi may be sage ðŸ˜­
Incense thumbnail
Originally posted by: nneeiill

so lakshman actually  killed sooparnakha's son..havent heard of it before

btw i loved the tale of the demon spying on sita and lakshmana cut down the tree itself

haina sitaji k bodyguard ðŸ˜†
Incense thumbnail
Originally posted by: manzilmukul

hi guys ..m in total dukhi and aloof mode...COMPLETELY DISINTERESTED😭

wht happened ðŸ˜³
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for the wishes everyone! :)

@Arti,

Thank you for sharing the story of Shambu, the son of Shurpanakha. Actually, this is what 2008 Ramayana showed. They showed Lakshman accidentally killing Shambu and then feeling remorse. He went to Ramji and Ramji consoled him saying Shambu was an unrighteous demon, so there was no sin in killing him. Shurpanakha comes to the place where Shambu's body is and vows revenge. She follows the trail of his blood (as left by Lakshmana's sword) and comes upon Ram and Sita's cottage. There she sees Rama and feels lust for him, and when Ram spurns her love she goes to Lakshman, and from there everyone knows the story.
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 11 years ago
Incense thumbnail
Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Thanks for the wishes everyone! :)

@Arti,

Thank you for sharing the story of Shambu, the son of Shurpanakha. Actually, this is what 2008 Ramayana showed. They showed Lakshman accidentally killing Shambu and then feeling remorse. He went to Ramji and Ramji consoled him saying Shambu was an unrighteous demon, so there was no sin in killing him. Shurpanakha comes to the place where Shambu's body is and vows revenge. She follows the trail of his blood (as left by Lakshmana's sword) and comes upon Ram and Sita's cottage. There she sees Rama and feels lust for him, and when Ram spurns her love she goes to Lakshman, and from there everyone knows the story.

happy bday janaki and yaa the sambhu incident is very popular in kerala... kerala folklore versions adopted from various puppet dramas on Ramayana (goes on for 17-26 nights) and enacted in Palghat  they stresses on little known but important personality named Sambukumaran...the  similar oral versions depicting Sambukumaran's role are also sung in many other Bhagavati temples of Kerala (and covers some 1,200 verses from the 10,000 odd verses in kampa Ramayana).Not only are these characters found in Kerala's folk dramas but also in Andhra and Karnataka. ðŸ˜³
Edited by arti07 - 11 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
I don't know about Sita being Vedavati's daughter, since Vedavati was Lakshmi's avatar and was reborn as Sita herself, but I read in another version that Sita was Mandodari and Ravan's daughter, and that Mandodari tried to kill her at birth by burying her in the Earth (near Janakpur) to get revenge on Ravan. She was jealous of all the queens Ravan had brought to Lanka, and since Ravan had always wanted a daughter after having 100 sons, she wanted to deny him the happiness of having a daughter.

But of course, Sita did not die when she was buried alive and instead was found by Janak and his wife later on. When Ravan kidnapped her and brought her to Lanka, Mandodari recognized her and tried to stop Ravan from marrying her, but she did not want to tell him that Sita was his daughter because then he would be angry for what she had done.

These are all just folk tales though. According to Valmiki Ramayana and other respected sources, Sita Mata was Ayonija, meaning that she was not born of a human womb. She was the Mother of the Universe so she could not be born again in another woman's womb, since all women are like her daughters. I don't believe in any of these folk stories that say Sita was the daughter of Ravan.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: arti07

happy bday janaki and yaa the sambhu incident is very popular in kerala... kerala folklore versions adopted from various puppet dramas on Ramayana (goes on for 17-26 nights) and enacted in Palghat  they stresses on little known but important personality named Sambukumaran...the  similar oral versions depicting Sambukumaran's role are also sung in many other Bhagavati temples of Kerala (and covers some 1,200 verses from the 10,000 odd verses in kampa Ramayana).Not only are these characters found in Kerala's folk dramas but also in Andhra and Karnataka. ðŸ˜³

Yeah, in Andhra there are some stories called Hari Kathas, where a pair of dancers tell the different stories of Lord Vishnu which are not found in the popular sources. It is very interesting to learn these different stories, because some of them have some nice morals and make for good bedtime stories for children.😆

Btw, do you know which source has the Shri Ram-Hanuman Yudh? This is a very popular story and I don't know whether it's a folk story or it's written in a popular source, but it's been adapted into quite a few movies and the 2008 Ramayana also showed this during Uttar Kand.
Incense thumbnail
^  i have only read one version tht says once narad corrupted lord hanuman's mind and he insulted vishwamitra ...the sage complaint it to lord rama and  lord rama decided to punish lord hanuman and accordningly lord rama aimed arrow at hanuman but lord hanuman began to recite lord rama name ... Ramchhandraji took out his bow and arrows and went on shooting the arrows one by one. All became a garland and fell on his head. Hanuman was standing, nothing happened to him. Rama kept on shooting arrows. and he kept chanting lord Rama name...Then all the Sages and Angels who had gathered to witness this beautiful drama came and pacified Rama. "Maharaj, please forgive us. We just wanted to see this drama, see the play."  And they all obtained Rama's Grace and they all went away Edited by arti07 - 11 years ago