Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: crazy4KASH_AR

Awesome part.I just loved it to the core.
The mid games are wonderful.
I hope Sid may tell Abhay the truth soon.
Plz update the next part ASAP and kindly add me to ur pm list.
Take care!

Thanks...will add you :)
Sid will tell Abhay the truth when he gets the proper chance i guessπŸ˜›

Originally posted by: vmpy

fabulous update.nw waiting for da next one.thanx for pm and continue soon

will continue soon
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Chapter 23

'Miss Khurana,' said Sid formally the next day. 'Could you kindly copy out this report and send it to the addresses I sent you in your mail? I'm surprised you haven't done it yet.'

Alina's gaze snapped up to the bored, unconcerned face. Up till yesterday,his manner towards her had been casual in the extreme, if a little flirtatious. 
'Excuse me, Sir?' she said. 'Are you feeling all right?'

'Coffee, please.' He went back to looking at the designs. Alina shook her head to clear it and left swiftly, closing the door behind her. What a puzzling person- she was beginning to wonder if something had triggered a bad mood...
With a jolt, she realised she had been thinking about him. What was wrong with her?
Fine, she thought. Better for me if he stops trying to flirt with me. But then again, she needed him to trust her... Was it time already? Could he have-
She shook away her thoughts and settled down to work. 
She hadn't even finished typing when she got a list of other things to do. Alina gritted her teeth. Of all the things, she hadn't expected Sid to be such a god-awful perfectionist, nitpicking every single detail.
It looked as though she wouldn't be free till lunch, by which time she knew Piya would come, because her college would get over by then. The thought gave her a slight pleasure. Finally. Some company.

The door swung open, and Alina looked up at once. Siddharth was standing in her cabin. She rose out of habit rather than respect. 'Anything you need, Sir?' she said crisply. 
'I asked you for coffee thirty minutes ago,' he snapped, glowering. 'Where the hell is it?'
Alina's eyes widened. Had he been serious that time?
'I'm sorry, Sir,' she bit out recklessly. 'I thought your legs were fully functional.'

Siddharth raised an eyebrow. 'Backtalking, Miss Khurana?'
'No, Sir,' she said, lowering her eyes in a show of meekness. 'I was unaware you couldn't go and get the coffee yourself.'

Great, now her mouth was running off again. She peeked a look at him , seeing that his eyes were narrowed...
'What's that you're wearing?' he said abruptly. Alina looked up in surprise. 'Clothes, Sir.' she replied. 

Strangely, Siddharth's mouth twitched, before he became serious again. 'I meant your perfume. Have you changed it?'

Her eyes widened at the implications. God, no, she thought. Too soon...
'Forget it,' he snapped. 'Not my concern.'
He turned on his heel and stalked away. Alina hit her head on her desk. Damn, damn, damn. 
The changes were occurring...soon, he'd start feeling the bloodlust... She needed to mask her scent again. Around humans, she generally didn't bother masking her scent, but now that he was changing...
Vampires could scent werewolves, and vice versa. While she wouldn't be repulsive to a vampire, thanks to her...other qualities... It was the last thing she needed to have him suspicious of her.

Raichand Mansion : 

'How was college yesterday?'
Abhay looked up to see Haseena enter his room. 'Fine,' he muttered shortly. 
Haseena nodded. 'Yes, I thought as much,' she said, with an elegant shrug. 'Want to talk about it?'

Abhay scowled. 'No thanks.'

But Haseena didn't leave. Instead she stood there, just watching him, her expression unreadable. 
After a few moments, Abhay spoke again. 'She's working for Sid.'

Haseena's eyes widened in understanding. 'I'm assuming 'she' here refers to Piya, right?' she said. 
He gave a terse nod. 
Almost hesitatingly, she asked, 'Did you...fight with her over it?'

He gave a short laugh at that. 'Fight with her? It takes two to fight.'

Haseena smirked at once, but her smile disappeared when Abhay looked at her. 'She isn't fighting back, that's the problem, isn't it?'

'I don't know!' he snapped. 'I don't know what the hell is her problem, or mine... This is best for us...'

Haseena shook her head. 'My poor, naive son,' she said. 'You definitely got your reticence from Chand.'

'Shut up, Mom, I'm not in the mood for mocking right now,' he bit out. 'But I wasn't mocking!' she said, sounding scandalised. 
'Poor Chand, the things I did to make him break...'

'Mom!' protested Abhay loudly. 'I don't want to hear your love story!'

'Of course,' she said, but there was a knowing glint in her eyes. 'I'll leave you to your Piyaland then.'
She rose to go, but at the door, she offered a parting word of advice. 
'You know what the problem with both of you is?' she said quietly. 'You both break each other in the worst way possible, and half the time I don't think either of you even realises that. The bond between both of you... I wonder, Abhay, if it's the fact that someone other than Maithali has that power over you, that bothers you most.'

Abhay swivelled around, but she had gone...

Piya sighed as she entered the college. Another day, another battle...
She had decided to sit alone in class, but somehow Jeh had sat next to her usual seat. Her eyes flicked to Abhay, but he was sitting alone, noting down something, his eyes focused on his notebook. She felt a sudden disappointment, followed by anger at herself. Why was she thinking he would look around for her? Pursing her lips, she sat down next to Jeh, bestowing him a wide and utterly fake smile. He didn't notice. 

Through the class, and the next, Piya having resolutely made up her mind to not look at Abhay, was unaware of the blue eyes that flickered to watch her chew her pen as she wrote her notes.

When break came, more of a sense of duty to her friends, she followed them to the canteen. Misha seemed more mature than usual, she realised, and she could see Kabir glancing at her worriedly from time to time...could it be? She wondered.
Involuntarily, she felt herself smile at the thought. At least some good had come out of Panchi's death. 

Jeh joined them just then. 'Have you heard?' he said. The police were questioning Abhay yesterday, in connection with Panchi Dobriyal's death. Piya whipped around to look, but Misha and Kabir were now walking away, Misha frowning as Kabir explained something to her. She felt a stab of relief followed by worry. Why had they questioned him?

She saw Tracker and Angad looking shocked at the news. 'Really?' said Tracker. 'Why?'
Jeh shrugged in an overtly casual way. 'How do I know? But buzz is that Mr. Dobriyal feels there's some foul play involved. Besides, I saw Abhay in the forest that night!'

This evoked more gasps, and soon an audiece gathered around. Jeh grinned, continuing. 'Well, he's always been shady, hasn't he? There was another case of murder about a year or so back, right? Wasn't Abhay involved there?'

With a jolt, Piya realised what he was talking about. The time the police had taken Abhay away...and she had had to provide his alibi... How horrible had it been, when everyone had publicly called him a murderer?
She chanced a glance at him, Jeh's words drowned out by the ringing in her ears. Abhay was sitting three tables across, his jaw set. Owing to his super hearing power, he'd probably heard everything.

Suddenly furious, Piya stood up, snatching up her bag. 'What the hell's wrong with you, Jeh?'
Jeh stopped mid-speech and stared at her in surprise. He recovered enough to say, 'Come now, babe-'

'I'm not your babe,' she hissed. 'How can you go around spreading rumours like that without any proof? For the record, Abhay is right here, which means the police have let him off, which means that He. Is. Innocent. Am I clear?' She knew everyone was gaping at her, but none more so than Jeh. His mouth opened and closed like a fish. 
She hoisted her bag on her shoulder. 'And the last time too, he was innocent. You weren't even here, what the hell do you even know about him?'

Picking up the textbook she had been reading, she pushed her chair aside and stalked away, ignoring the whispers that broke out behind her. She hadn't felt so furious in a long time. What was Jeh's problem, anyway? He didn't even care that he was talking about her dead sister in front of her!

Footsteps were behind her now. Catching up with her. 
'I'm not in the mood for it, Jeh,' she snapped without turning around. She felt a small tug on her arm and stiffened. This wasn't Jeh...
'Abhay?' she said. 'I- I-'

She turned to face him, wishing she could say something...anything...to comfort him. 'Why?' he said softly, looking extraordinarily like Abhayendra. 'Why did you fight with him for me?'

She felt a small smile stretch across her lips. 'You don't know?' she said. Abhay looked suddenly troubled. 'Piya, you don't have to fight for me and alienate yourself.'

'Like I give a damn,' she snapped. She heard him sigh. 'Thank you,' he said softly. 'I- I- you didn't have to do it, but you still stood up for me.'
She smiled at him. 'I'd do it a million times over, Abhay.'

'And um...' he seemed to have problems saying it. 'You can work anywhere you like... I won't force you for anything...'
She stared at him in surprise. 'Thanks!' she said. 'That's...' she couldn't go on. He smiled tightly and left.

Piya made her way to the drama class, fully expecting to have a free period. Since Panchi, their earlier teacher, was now gone, there had been no replacements. 
But she was in for a surprise. 
The hall had been completely re-done and decorated. The stage itself was looking beyond recognition, with all the scenery behind. As she looked around she could see various fabrics spread out in a random corner, sceneries being painted, and in the middle of it all...
'Miss Gupta!' she said in surprise. Miss Gupta smiled and beckoned her over. 'You see!' she said to the other students. 'Someone here knows me!'

Everyone laughed. Piya could see much of her class in attendance, along with Misha and Kabir, Tracker and Angad...

'Please go and stand with your friends, Piya,' said Miss Gupta.
Piya nodded and made her way in the crowd, squeezing through till she reached Misha, who grinned at her. 
'Now,' said Miss Gupta, 'Since I'm well versed in literature, I decided to step in as your new drama teacher. Those who have visited the library will know me as Miss Gupta and now, I hope you lot will know me as well.'

'Now,' she continued, 'I see there has been little to no drama classes here, or if they were, they were not productive. In today's class, you will be pairing up as I say, and you will be enacting out certain parts- which I will be handing out to you. You will learn the lines and perform to the best of your ability, is that understood?'

There were murmured agreement. 
'Very well then!' said Miss Gupta. 'Start pairing up now!' There was a bustle as students looked around for partners. 'Let's be partners,' said Piya to Misha, 'Maybe you'll get to be Othello and I can be Desdemona-'

Misha laughed. 'Or you can be Juliet and I can be Romeo-' they feel silent as Panchi's memories came returning, along with the play they had done so long ago...
Piya cleared her throat. 'Um- so let's go to her, yeah?' she said. 
They went up to Miss Gupta. 'Ma'am, we're pairing up,' said Misha defiantly. 
'Oh, yes, I expected as much,' said Miss Gupta, smiling as she pulled out two sheets of paper. 'These lines are from the play As You Like It, Act III Scene IV. Now, I've changed a bit of the lines, so it'l be easier for you two to memorise them. Piya, you play Rosalind, and Misha, you play Celia.'

They made their way back, learning their parts, and a while later, Miss Gupta had each pair come one by one on the stage.
Then it was their turns. Misha gave her a thumbs up as they walked to the stage. 
Piya started. 'But why did he swear he would come this morning, and comes not?'

Misha half-laughed as she answered, 'Nay, certainly , there is no truth in him.'

Piya made a show of looking shocked. 'Do you think so?'

Misha winked . 'Of course not.' Piya mentally groaned. Of course, Misha had to forget her lines. 
'You believe him to not be true in love?' she asked, improvising her own lines to cover Misha's gaffe.

'The oath of a lover is no stronger than the word of a tapster,' declared Misha passionately. 'He attends here on the Duke your father.'

Piya mentally thanked Miss Gupta for modifying a bit of the lines and shortening Celia's speech. 
Affecting Rosalind's petulance, she said, 'Why talk we of fathers, when there is such a man as Orlando?'

Misha snorted. 'Oh, that's a brave man! He writes brave verses, speaks brave words, swears brave oths, and breaks them bravely, quite traverse, athwart the heart of his lover, as a puisny tilter, that spurs his horse but on one side- Er- what came after that?'

Piya could not hold back a giggle at Misha's confused face. There were quite a few people openly laughing now. 'Well, that's quite enough,' said Miss Gupta sternly, but she was holding back a smile. 
'Misha, please learn your lines next time. Piya and Kabir, please come up here and take your lines from me. I will expect you both ready in ten minutes.'

Out of the corner of her eye Piya saw Abhay enter the class. Miss Gupta did not appear to notice him, as she was now handing out their lines, and she saw that it was a short scene from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Kabir was to play Mr Darcy and she was to play Elizabeth. She felt decidedly awkward, but there was no choice.

They walked up to the stage ten minutes later.

Kabir and Piya walked up to the stage, feeling more than a bit awkward. Just then they heard Miss Gupta's voice. "And what is your excuse for your tardiness, Mr. Raichand?"

He was here! Piya whipped around, Abhay had just entered the room. Miss Gupta was facing him, arms crossed and looking more intimidating that she could have thought.

Abhay looked for a moment like a deer caught in headlights, before the mask was back in place.  He didn't answer.

"Very well," said Miss Gupta coldly. "Kabir, please come down and give your line to Abhay here. You can be Bingley for a while. Abhay Raichand, on the stage, please."

Kabir came down with good grace. "Er- Ma'am, but Abhay hasn't practiced his lines-" he began nervously glancing at Abhay. "On, we won't worry about that," said Miss Gupta, smirking. "You see, our good friend here doesn't need to know his lines'right?"

Kabir meekly handed over the scene to Abhay, who glanced through it, brow furrowed, and kept it back on a table in about ten seconds.

Piya felt like hyperventilating, oh god, now she would have to do THAT scene with Abhay? Of course'as usual, Abhay looked calm and unhurried as he took centrestage.

And once again, up close to him, the intensity in his eyes took her by surprise, as he came close enough for their noses to touch, before saying, "In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.''

Piya could not think, could hardly respond. The blood pounded in her ears.

She was not aware of falling, only of the arms that caught her midway.

Righting her, he whispered her lines in her ear.

"''In such cases as this, it is, I believe, the established mode to express a sense of obligation for the sentiments avowed, however unequally they may be returned. It is natural that obligation should be felt, and if I could feel gratitude, I would now thank you. But I cannot -- I have never desired your good opinion, and you have certainly bestowed it most unwillingly. I am sorry to have occasioned pain to any one. It has been most unconsciously done, however, and I hope will be of short duration. The feelings which, you tell me, have long prevented the acknowledgment of your regard, can have little difficulty in overcoming it after this explanation.''

He released her, leaving her gaping in shock. Instead of mouthing her own lines, she replied with one of Darcy's lines.

'And this is all the reply which I am to have the honour of expecting! I might, perhaps, wish to be informed why, with so little endeavour at civility, I am thus rejected. But it is of small importance.''

She was aware of her mistake almost at once. She saw Abhay's mouth quirk in a ghost of a smile, before he continued, this time delivering HER lines, "I might as well enquire,'' he said, "why, with so evident a design of offending and insulting me, you chose to tell me that you liked me against your will, against your reason, and even against your character? Was not this some excuse for incivility, if I was uncivil? But I have other provocations. You know I have-"

"Stop!" cried Miss Gupta. Both Abhay and Piya turned to face her. "What on earth are you two doing?" Piya flushed.

"Listen to me, you two," said Miss Gupta. "You are being Elizabeth Bennet, Piya, and you are being Fitzwilliam Darcy. How come you two are exchanging lines now?"

"I'm really sorry, Ma'am," said Piya meekly. "I'm feeling out of sorts actually. I think I have a bad headache."

The bell rang.  "Misha, please take Piya to the infirmary. Class dismissed."

About an hour later, Piya was hurrying along the corridor, knowing she was about five minutes late. Misha had been very unwilling to let Piya go, but kabir had said Piya needed her space. She owed him for that.

Alina  welcomed her with more than a little enthusiasm, and Piya could not shake over the feeling that Alina had probably waited for her all day.

After lunch, Piya was called to Sid's cabin. When she reached, she saw Alina there. "Hello, Piya," said Sid. "I trust you are liking your cubicle?"

"Oh yes," said Piya happily. "Thank you."

Sid waved his hand away. "I'm going  to have to visit someone important. Meanwhile, I would like you two to organize a grand welcome party for our company. Call the media, the press, everyone influential. I would like us to now be recognized as one of the major companies here."

Piya nodded, her mind already whirling with ideas. However Alina looked less than thrilled. "You may go," said Sid, effectively dismissing them.

Edited by bookworm-ALS-- - 11 years ago
alicia212 thumbnail
wow great story plz update soon
it's an amazing
thanks for the pm
Paint.It.BlacK. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

--edited--

Shreya you again did it!! With your amazing update..you literally bowled me!!! What a terrific update!!πŸ‘

well i shall go wth the update first!
Alina and sid! This part was written damn good shreya! Their equation is something..! Its interesting and equally enjoyable! I loved alina's dialogue where she said,she thot he had moving legs* that was amazing! And sid's reply,hs change of the topic and leaving..it all reminded me of SK! trust me i could see him..and his expressive face! So that was an awesuum part!!πŸ‘
bt i wonder what is alina's plan regarding sid! And yet she is effectd by him! I donno whether its a good or a bad thing bt their chemistry is surely intriguing!

Now now..abhay!
Abhay-haseena! Anther wonderful part! You have portrayd haseena so well! Just the way she was in the show! And their verbal exchange was too too good!! She could see what exactly was bothering hm han..and abhay ..well he will never change! He acts weirdly...says somethng..bt acts the opposite...and i guess somewhere he knws wat is hs prblm bt he is abhay! So he wnt accept and thats him! And that came out very well here! I loved haseena when she said him wats exactly hs prblm is! Bth mother-son are always wondrful to watch!πŸ˜† πŸ‘

now the last-abhay pia!
Pia! She stood for abhay and gave jey a strong msg! I like ths pia,always fighting for her abhay!😳
and abhay he saw everythng..thankd pia and said she cn join whereevr she likes! Bt why exactly he said so all of a sudden?!! Does he want to tell her..or give her his message ths way?!! That he isnt a devil or sumthng that she has to be scared of?!! Hm..who knws bt interesting that is !!
Bt the mst amazing part was when to hs questn pia said dsnt he knw why she did so and abhay's expression was of confusion!! This vamp..! Oh...!
And the drama-shreya u implented the play ..and ur way of rolling the entire scene
ene was just outstanding!! Really i dnt knw wat to say! You always amaze me!! Their exchange of roles..and the lines u had chosen..? They were just too perfct!! Evn aftr changing roles they suited them so well!! I mean i cnt explain..it was soo intense!! Reminded me so much of the magical romeo juliet scene bt mre than that this scene..well i could again visualise the awkardness..the tension..pia's expressn..abhay's impassive yet intense face!! Breathtaking dear!! ⭐️
and ya the little bt important part where abhay takes up the paper,runs hs eyes ovr it n keeps it bck in less than a second* this portion says clearly hw fast n swift hs collective power is and thats wat adds xtra style and unprecedentd caritzma to his personality! Thats wat makes hm mre irresistble..!! His smartness and intellignce wth sum xtra memry powr tht cme handy wth the vampire avatar!!πŸ˜‰
and dear in ths little portion the words u had chosen to xplain these were soo apt and wondrful! It hit the ryt place and creatd an impactd that it ought to!! You are so gifted! U knw where and how to use words!! Brilliant shreya brilliant!! πŸ‘ ⭐️ and after such an awesum portrayal of abhay u feel unsure!! Good god shreya! You have caught the exact essence of hs character mre accurately! Far far n miles bettr than me! Trust me aftr reading bth ur updates i feel like a kid !! Wat am i even writing!! Nthng bt stupid!! Urs every words..the hints u keep lending..they are beauty! They are meaningful!!
And now i like to clear ur unneccessary worries! Ok nw look-mm..see if today four or five ppl sit to write on harry potter..like suppose you,me,mansa..if we sit an write an essay on him..wat do u thnk the result wud be? Will it be same? Wil hs traits cme out in the exact same way in all of our pens? No definitly nt! It wil cum out diffrntly,like ofcourse the essence of hs character wil be intact bt u wil see that all 3 of us..we hav cum up wth importnt shads of hs behaviour/character,wat am tryng to say is..u wil point sum,mansa wil point sum and i ..mayb i wil point sumthng else..! So u see wat i mean! Likewise in portraying abhay,we all do it diffrntly becz as persns we are diffrnt and so is our thinking way..our way of projection..! That is why the image tht cums up has their own distinctive marks yet wth the essence intact! Shreya u are an avid reader so u already knw..that a work is a reflectn of the writer's own mind. So every piece undoubtedly carries the reflctn of its creators and that is the proof of their individuality!! It is the style,the signature that makes hm or her diffrnt frm the other writers!! And shreya the style u apply..the intellignt of twisting n turning events, u dnt knw i guess bt in literature its a gift! Very rare..gift that is..beleve me! Am nt saying ths to pacify u or anythng bt ur way of xplaining a particular scene is intelligent n beautiful and u knw why? Becz it requires the reader to take part actively and make their imaginatn n thoughts run to grasp the whole thing..the real beauty that is behind it! U see wat i mean? U want ur readers to take part! The way u portray is wrappd wth a veil..it is therefore the readers task to knw it and unveil the whole thing and whch if done unfolds a whole new world..a new way of looking at thngs..the thngs that u are indicatng..and thats the real fun!! Becz if a writers writing says it all too clearly then wnt it be too boring?!! Then for wat we hav imaginative powers for?? Or reasoning?? Isnt it? So u see why and how ur works are brilliant?!! And ths is just the beginning! Let sum few mnths n years pass and wth ur maturity u wil get hold of the unexplord part that is their..in u! Hidden for nw bt wil cum out wth xperience! It happns wth all of us! Its inevitable! And it wil b the same for u! So dear keep ur worries aside an indulge in the brilliant creations that u always amaze us wth!πŸ˜‰ i guess i have writtn too much! Eh? Havnt i? Sorry! bt had to do it to mak ur head clear!πŸ˜† πŸ˜› ok nw ths is it! keep writing!!πŸ€—Edited by Bleak_House - 10 years ago
Monami_50 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Awsm update.Loved it.Pia couldn't stop herself from defending Abhay.Abhay not interested in listening to Chandeena's love story 🀣
AriyaLilyOrchid thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
WOW WOW WOW great updt i love it its awesome continue sooner as soon as possible cant wait for next part 
Romu!! πŸ€—
OMGEEE! I read all the parts just now and I luvd it yaar!
Damn ur really n awesome writer!
Thnx fr d pm!
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
amazing update
the drama scene reminded me of pkyek scene...what days that were.
loved how pia defended abhay.
..juhi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
You added that pathetic part of as you like it!😲I mean seriously I literally hate act 3!
But of course I loved abhiya part on stage! Abhay piya ko injuries se bachata hai and piya use jail Jane se...🀣

crazy4KASH_AR thumbnail
Awesome part.
I loved it to the core.
the drama class was very interesting.I love ABHIYA's scene a lot.
Plz update the next part soon
Take care