Amrita Arora "Item songs means good money

priyapiya thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

< ="" method=post>< =drop ="MM_jumpMenu('parent',this,0)" name=menu1> < ed>Select</> < value=/showtime/interviews/ab.s>Amitabh Bachchan</> < value=/showtime/interviews/ash.s>Aishwarya Rai</> < value=/showtime/interviews/akshaykapoor.s>Akshay Kapoor</> < value=/showtime/interviews/amisha.s>Amisha Patel</> < value=/showtime/interviews/amrita.s>Amrita Arora</> < value=/showtime/interviews/aarti.s>Aarti Chhabaria</> < value=/showtime/interviews/anuj.s>Anuj Sawhney</> < value=/showtime/interviews/AyeshaTakia.s>Ayesha Takia</> < value=/showtime/interviews/bipasha.s>Bipasha Basu</> < value=/showtime/interviews/esha.s>Esha Deol</> < value=/showtime/interviews/govinda.s>Govinda</> < value=/showtime/interviews/koena.s>Koena Mitra</> < value=/showtime/interviews/konkana.s>Konkana Sen Sharma</> < value=/showtime/interviews/mahima.s>Mahima Chaudhary</> < value=/showtime/interviews/mammotty.s>Mammotty</> < value=/showtime/interviews/neha.s>Neha Dhupia</> < value=/showtime/interviews/neetu.s>Neetu Chandra</> < value=/showtime/interviews/pankaj.s>Pankaj Kapur</> < value=/showtime/interviews/paresh.s>Paresh Rawal</> < value=/showtime/interviews/paul.s>Paul Mayeda Berges</> < value=/showtime/interviews/pooja_batra.s>Pooja Batra</> < value=/showtime/interviews/priyanka.s>Priyanka Chopra</> < value=/showtime/interviews/rahulbose.s>Rahul Bose</> < value=/showtime/interviews/saif.s>Saif Ali Khan</> < value=/showtime/interviews/samir.s>Samir Dattani</> < value=/showtime/interviews/shilpa.s>Shilpa Shetty</> < value=/showtime/interviews/soha.s>Soha Ali Khan</> < value=/showtime/interviews/sonali.s>Sonali Kulkarni</> < value=/showtime/interviews/samar.s>Samar Khan</> < value=/showtime/interviews/sush.s>Sushmita Sen</> < value=/showtime/interviews/tus.s>Tusshar Kapoor</> < value=/showtime/interviews/udita.s>Udita Goswami</></> </>

Amrita Arora

"Item songs means good money!"
With Fight Club--Members Only on the brink release. Amrita Arora is in news again. The actress had earlier hit headlines after separating from boyfriend Ashmit Patel and finding love in cricketer Usman Khan. Here the actress talks about her films and how she rang in the New Year with the person whom she loves.

Parag Maniar

It is after a long time that one will see an Amrita Arora release. The actress is excited about her forthcoming film Fight Club--Members Only. But first things frist-Where had she disappeared all this while? "I was here only shooting for my films. It is not I had disappeared somewhere. I was shooting for Mahesh Manjrekar's Deha with Sanjay Dutt. The film is a thriller. I am also doing a love story--Harry Baweja's Jeet. There's Hansal Mehta's Raakh that also has Esha Deol in the lead. The film is a murder mystery. So these films have kept me relatively busy."

Amrita says that apart from these films there was also Fight Club that she enjoyed shooting for. "I had a ball shooting for the film. It was as if i was on picnic. It was so much fun. Poor Vikram Chopra (pointng to the director) you see the bald pate on his head. It is thanks to us. We harrassed the daylights out of him."

Amrita adds, "But Vikram was a fabulous director to work with. Fun apart, when it came to work he knew how to get the best out of all the artistes. And Fight Club has so many stars--there's Sohail Khan, Sunil Shetty, Ashish Chaudhary, Dino Morea, Rahul Dev, Ashmit Patel, Dia Mirza and me and handling us was one helluva task. But so patient was Vikram that he really could draw the best out of us."

"After the shooting," Amrita continues, "we would invariably land up at somebody's house or the other and have dinner there. We would call it our evening sessions."

With Fight Club having a huge star cast wasn't there a fear of her role being miniscule. "Believe it or not but I have three songs in Fight Club. I am just praying to God that the songs become a hit I then don't have to worry about my whole years earnings."

Amrita explains. "Once an item song becomes a hit you are then made to perform that song in the shows held here and abroad and that fetches you good money. So you see item songs are good money."

She was going to celebrate her New Year in Bombay. How did she land up in London? "It was just an impulsive decision. Usman (the cricketer) called me over. We decided to ring in the New Year together."