Users

Frequent Posters

StormChaser thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Wow! Sudha! That's awesome! :D
SeerialLoops thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I did something, I shouldn't have.  I ventured into the IPK Forum.  Just to see the mayhem.  And few posts I opened, left me shocked and shocked and shocked.

The level of insanity that is out there for a fictional show and Over The Top, more than Kushi has ever done, drama of women relating to Barun, just shocked me.

Some are painting him to be a saint.  Some are saying he is bearing the cross for his fans and sacrificing and melting like a candle for his fans.  Some say he is crying because CVs have turned the story into muck.  Some say he is heart broken, stressed, fatigued, under immense pressure all because he is taking a stand against the powerhouses for the sake of fans.

I am ashamed myself, that I am reacting to such drivel.

Let me start my rant saying this.

This PH, 4Lions, is probably the worst PH I have come across.  They are unprofessional, poorly managed and have no sense when it comes to reacting in the correct way to the audience pulse.  They start well, do a fantastic job for few months and once they get the laurels, decide, they will now turn and insult the intelligence of their viewers, insult the talent of their actors and insult the love of their fans.

So anything I say below is not a defense of the PH.  I already made my views on the PH crystal clear.

My rant is about Barun.

He is being hailed as the reason for IPK's international popularity.
This in turn is used as reason why SP does not want to end this serial, because, of this popularity.
He is the ONLY reason SP is internationally popular.
This in turn is used as a reason why SP does not want to lose revenue of its most popular show.

SP is doing this is doing that. PH is doing this is doing that.
Sometimes SP is blamed for the SP Bahufying of Kushi and SP Dikrafying of ASR. 
Not it is not SP, and it is the PH.
Sometimes PH is blamed for bowing down to SP pressure and changing the love story into a Saas Bahu story.

What utter load of crap is all of this.

There have been actors, who took direct Panga with Ekta.  The undisputed power house in Telly World.  I am not talking in the last year or two.  I am talking about the time when people killed themselves to get in her show because they knew, that was the ticket to fame. 

Yet, several actors took Panga with Ekta, for various reasons, including tracks, amount of work, payments and career choices. Some won and some lost.  And these actors who won were not even 10% as famous as Barun.  And they stood up to the so called Almighty of the television world.  Rajeev if I recall is one example.  Prachi convinced Ekta about her BW dreams and Ekta willingly gave her blessing, that too when Prachi's serial was a TRP winner.

So this entire notion of Barun quitting and assigning the reasons to pressure fromPH and SP and anything else is illogical and I do not agree with it.

If he is so popular that SP is generating mountains of money because of him, he can make SP and in turn the PH dance to his tunes.  He can dictate the number of hours he comes on set and can easily throw tantrums.  He can use his clout to change the tracks as he pleases.
He may not do all of those because he is a very good, sincere, hardworking and decent chap.

But, if an actor has such a clout why would he cry when things are getting so bad that he is saddened, sorrowed, depressed and dejected with the tracks.  For an actor who SP does not want to lose their international market, why would that actor lie to his fans based on pressure from a PH?

This PH is not even that popular.  They have made more enemies in their viewer ship.  So where does this PH wield such power over the so called SUPER STAR of Telly World.  This PH had to give into the demands of a side character playing DB and made her into a parallel lead.  This is the same PH who bowed down to DB demands, now become so powerful that they are making Barun lie and cheat and side track his fans.

We all know, what a decent, fun loving, incredible sense of humor Barun has.  He also knows the fan following he has and the fanatic following he has.  He also seems to be very intelligent.  So why would a person, who is intelligent, a good head on his shoulders, have seen the world, lie on someone else's behalf.  Are we saying, he doesn't have a spine to stand up to the PH who bowed in front of DB.

The argument that PH did not bow to DB but bowed to fans pressure wanting to keep DB also does not fly.  If 100 fans pressured the PH to keep DB, 1,00,000 fans will pressure the PH to keep Barun.
So with all the pressure Barun can wield, instead he yielded to the pressure of PH / SP and cried himself a river for his fans.

Please.

Whatever is out in the media, in his own voice (not written interviews), I blame the content on no one other than Barun.

Barun has a choice.  Either to be honest to his fans.  Or Lie to his fans.  Irrespective of what pressures he may come under.

Barun is not a fool to Lie to his fans and lose them.
So he is quitting not because of anything else, but because he wants to quit.  Whether it be tiredness, needing a break, career aspirations, does not matter.

He wants to quit and is quitting.  End Of Story.  That is the only way I will have any respect for him as an actor.  If he has done all this lying and hiding and reacting to pressure to hoodwink the PH, SP or the viewers, then that is also on him as an individual. 

For an actor with such popularity, one would expect a backbone and for him to standup to the powers be.  Not cry and make a mess of things following the PH lead.
Sorry, if anyone is offended.

This is purely my take on this entire fiasco.
By reading this if you are hurt or get mad, do not worry, I will cry for the intense pressure you are under to click the report button.
Edited by stafhtad - 11 years ago
StormChaser thumbnail
Totally agree with you Sudha! 👏
SeerialLoops thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ASR4eva

Totally agree with you Sudha! 👏

Thanks Swati.
How are you doing.
I made the same post in Dori and I dont think I will venture back in there that often.
I am completely busy kicking my behind for venturing into the forum last night at midnight.
I am a fool of the first order.
I cannot beleive educated girls and women are this attached and this illogical about a show and an actor.  Maybe I am the idiot, I don't know.
StormChaser thumbnail

Originally posted by: stafhtad

Thanks Swati.
How are you doing.
I made the same post in Dori and I dont think I will venture back in there that often.
I am completely busy kicking my behind for venturing into the forum last night at midnight.
I am a fool of the first order.
I cannot beleive educated girls and women are this attached and this illogical about a show and an actor.  Maybe I am the idiot, I don't know.

Oh I'm great. Much better away from IPK and the main forum I would say. How are you?
And I've not been to the Dori in quite some time. Just don't feel like. I guess I've moved on already and don't care about the show anymore.
And you're not an idiot. If you are then we all are. It's just that our fate was so bad that we got addicted to a show and everything related to it and now it's all over.
IPK, to me, feels like last century and what they're showing now is not IPK so I don't care about it. 
FairyLiquidSoap thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
sudha i was completely stunned last night the emotional outpouring the grief threats of hungerstrike suicide crying outside his house and i thought hang on these girls need to find their brains that they have lost somewhere
some posts were scary others ludicrous but when you look at their age i realize immaturity is responsible
throwing away your exams for this is really silly but then i am different am too pragmatic so never can understand celeb worship
StormChaser thumbnail

Originally posted by: FairyLiquidSoap

sudha i was completely stunned last night the emotional outpouring the grief threats of hungerstrike suicide crying outside his house and i thought hang on these girls need to find their brains that they have lost somewhere

some posts were scary others ludicrous but when you look at their age i realize immaturity is responsible
throwing away your exams for this is really silly but then i am different am too pragmatic so never can understand celeb worship

Completely agree...Sometimes it makes me laugh when  I see such posts and then I pity them..😆
asha... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Are we spamming this thread... hallelujah ! 

I think those crazy fans need a wake up call...they put Barun on such a high pedestal, the guy is a human for god's sake... 

asha... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: FairyLiquidSoap

@ Bold... your kidding me... 😲😲😲 !

This is something serious...
Ash95 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Gosh I am 4 pages late humph