Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jem4Himesh thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

such a fantastic topic flash!!!

well here is my rant:

as sree said we have witnessed so many deaths in KSBKBT and also in Astitva...why have a cast when you are planning to kill them off?

Also this leap thing...i think it is just basically an excuse to carry on showing the shows with dragging story lines e.g. piya ka ghar (megha will behave like a 6 year old & astitva sia falling in love with an older man who is her real father...)

As chinti said pregnancies being prolonged is 100% true...do they not know when 9 months are over?

but as other members said, we too are at fault for watching the serials, but let's hope ekta kapoor is reading and is taking note of our complaints ๐Ÿ˜ณ

innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

how about a different perspective to this:

Why should they stop the serials if;

1) the serials are raking in money despite being crap?

2) the people keep watching the serials despite them being crap?

3) why do us people who have been posting that they are crap, keep watching these serials despite them bebing crap?

OK, I asked the questions, so I ain't gonna answer them - definately not yet anyway....

chinti thumbnail

1) the serials are raking in money despite being crap?

coz we watch them!

2) the people keep watching the serials despite them being crap?

we hav nothing better to do wid life....i mean really now-a-days life is just too hectic.....if there was sumthing else interesting to watch mind u i'd rather see that

3) why do us people who have been posting that they are crap, keep watching these serials despite them bebing crap?

again....see answer to two๐Ÿ˜‰

meghavi thumbnail

Originally posted by: jazmine

I agree also With others! For Instance, Theres Ekta who starts of her Shows real good but she stretches it too much and it becomes like her other serials" You see Kkusum has been running for more than 3 years and KTH is nearly becoming like Kkusum! In all serials , whatever Production house it is, They always have to have Middle Class Status people good and High Status Bad, its like being Stereotype. Thats why we watch it but sometimes people get tired of the same old story repeating over and over again! Ekta brings out many people from the Dead after she kills them! And the characters have several Face Surgeries!

I agree with you Jenny, and everyone else.  Now Ekta's new serial KYPH is starting off good, but its some scenes are from KTH, too.

Morgoth thumbnail

Excellent topic, Flash!

Well, the one thing I have to mention is that every show - be it Indian or Western - drags after a while unless backed by a proper story and efficient direction.

We are complaining about Indian soaps, but Western soaps aren't any better. If at all, India (should I say Ekta Kapoor) is now following their trend - premarital pregnancies, extramarital affairs, multiple marriages, etc.

Let me give an example: Take the sitcom Friends and subtract the comic element. What do we have? Something very much similar to what dear old Ekta is showing us via her serials isn't it?

Ekta Kapoor is blamed for everything wrong in Indian Television, yet she must be doing something right if people tune in to watch her shows day after day, isn't it?

Here is Ms. Kapoor's rather simplistic formula:

1) Take a simple, effective story - preferably a triangle which gradually evolves into bickering between daughters and mothers in law. Add in a vamp, a villain and Ram Singh the naukar and you have a commercial "family" drama.

2) Get charsimatic, good-looking and brilliant actors

3) Hook the public via the "heartthrobs" and keep them hooked through horrifying yet curiously fascinating twists involving their TV loves.

4) Make sure you have an "almost" monopoly on Cable TV so that people cannot even switch if they want to and watch the serials out of sheer boredom.

Even though many complain about the degradation of Indian Television, they continue to watch. We shouldn't be blaming the makers of TV serials. We must blame ourselves as we are the ones contributing to the ratings, the viewership and the money in their pockets at the end of the day.

As far as addiction to TV serials is concerned, we are our own worst enemies.

Edited by MysticaMagic - 18 years ago
jazmine thumbnail

I also agree to Chinti on both of her posts!! and what Mystica said abt

"1) Take a simple, effective story - preferably a triangle which gradually evolves into bickering between daughters and mothers in law. Add in a vamp, a villain and Ram Singh the naukar and you have a commercial "family" drama."

she normally as Ramu kaka as her Naukar!! ain Kya Bolti ke ye Sabh Paisa Ekta aur TV logo kamate hain paar humare hi Paisa Jaata hain!!

zigma thumbnail

The streching is so much that i feel bad for watching these serials also. It seems after some time there is no story but just one thing ...how to stretch it...how to keep adding some twists and adding and adding and then taking it beyond till the point that it gets impossible to watch the show. After that the story writers wake up and start untying a few knots to get the viewers back and then again they go back on their way. I wish this should stop.There should not be more than 1 year given to any serial to atart anf finish their story and story should be approved by some panel also and if they donot finish it in 1 yr there should be some penalty.

In a movie also how many the no of twist be there but everything gets solved in a 3 hrs.

There is not even one indian serial; for which i have watched all the episodes bcoz of this  stretching.

I stopped watching JJKN last year....started again few months back.......hope to watch it till the end and hate it when they still add TWISTS.

WE SHOULD ALL STOP WATCHING WHEN THEY START STRETCHING I HATE ๐Ÿ˜ญI HATE THE STRETCHING

pj04 thumbnail

i think mystica said it all...this state of shows is common all over the world.

1)indian shows are twisted dysfunctional family dramas

2)spanish/latino shows completely evolve around seductions and sex(so much so that they sometimes seem to be soft po*n)

3)most american shows are either crime oriented dramas(csi, law and order, alias, jag, ncis.......) or comedies(friends,everybody loves raymond,sex and city,.....)or medical dramas(er,grey's anatomy,strong medicine......). after a while even these shows border on ridiculousness.

there is a problem with the shows ....there is a lot of investment and hardwork that goes into producing a new show ......the show may or maynot click with the viewers despite the quality of the show.most producers do not want to take that risk and stick with the clicked show. after all it is surefire success and money. they keep dragging it and introducing new twists until the viewers get bored and there is no more juice left in the story.tis is also the logic behind the sequels and prequels in movies.

why would ekta want to produce a new show(which will require a cutting edge story,tons of promotions, search for new stars....)when she can make same amount of money with what she has on air now(ie k-soaps). similarily why would tony and deeya risk an another show when thier current show is raking in money(so what if it is boring people).interestingly you will find that the first production/show of any directors is a lot better than thier sucessive shows. guhas(tumhari disha on zee) had made "dil na jane kyon" first. with only about 60 episodes or so it was a great show with very well dealt story. thier next show mansha started very well but lost its way after few months(it ended thankfully very soon).thier latest creation also started well but as the show neared its logical end, several ekta like twist were introduced to prolong it.it is a similar case with ajay sinha(astitva), tony/deeya(jjkn).

meme_ma thumbnail
I think I have figured out why the serials are interesting to begin with-because they start with a story that was probably going to go on for about 13-26 episodes or whatever length they have in mind.This is when it is really fun and interesting and you start loving it.Instead of sticking with the story they have to lenghten it as it is popular and so then it gets stupid,lengthy and nonsensicalas they no longer have a script.
They come in the morning and perhaps have this discussion

Director"its going well, so we need to do more episodes and change it a little"
Writer"Hmm, we could actually kill an interesting character or make hin disappear and then show how the serial suffers because of it and then because it was an interesting character, we could reintrodule him and so that will probably lengthen the episode by at least 25 weeks"
Producer(Ekta kapoor๐Ÿ˜‰)"Thats great.Maybe we can then have a second wife that he had when he disappeared in an accident(to give the show another 25 episodes and then we shall what twist to give it before we go back to the serial"

Everybody shakes hands on it and then the disaster begins.
It happens in almost each serial
Kyunki Saas bhi... where mihir disappears
PKG-where first rimjhim disappears and then Avinash loses his memory(double whammy)
Astitva-where they lose their child and Abhi disappears.
TBJK- where Aryan dies and comes back
TD- Unfortunately in this one the character regains memory and creates drama but the same principal
and it goes back if you care to think
That serial about college students which tony and Deeya singh made in which madhavan acted(i think it was banegi apni baat- they had illegitimate children and people fallin in love with the same person and all that nonsense.

I almost think if we really enjoy a serial it is going to go downhill.So the secret to a short serial is its unpopularity.

Edited by meme_ma - 18 years ago
nikkitherealist thumbnail
I agree with you all. The serials start well but descend into crap very rapidly.

I don't believe how the makers are allowed to flaunt the law, sanctity of marriage and love. And let's not forget all the kasams that are taken.
My pet hates are time leaps and babies. Once they appear I know it's time to switch off.
Well I have now started subscribing to only one channel because there really is no difference between the lot.