Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

peaches thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: jprasad

Thank God we have IF as a sounding board!  Great discussion.  I don't have anything to important to add so I will add some other stuff...Kkusum, Asitva and PKG should end now.  As for my most favoritestestest show, JJKN...that should end too after Armaan and Jassi get married.

I don't get StarPlus so I don't if that channel has better programming, but does anyone know how you get it in the states?  According to TRPs that channel dominates.  You would think that StarPlus has such a huge following, that it would be more widely available in North America.  Anyone know why? 

BTW - Welcome!

Hi JP,

This is what I know.  The Dish Network has TVasia, B4U, Zee Gold, Zee Cinema and Sony.

Direct TV which is the other satellite provider offers Star TV; if I'm not mistaken they're the only provider with exclusive rights to this channel.  I've already looked into this.  I can't afford to have two satellite dishes.   This sucks cause they're not all offer together on one satellite dish.

Not just because of the money, but because of the addiction that develops towards these soaps. 

sukh thumbnail

i agree with u peaches,

it is expensive.

i have only sony & zee.

besides that all of us don,t really have that much time to watch all the stuff.

cause all of goes to scool/work or so.😳.i,m happy with sony & zee tv.😳

PixieDust91 thumbnail

I think views of indian serials depend on where you live. In India, i'm not really sure, but most likely you will watch Ekta's soaps and maybe some others.

Here in the US, it totally depends on what channels you have and how much time you get to watch soaps and if you are really interested in them. It also depends on what you are. If you are working full time, you won't have time. I'm a student and I have all PreAP classes so I don't have much time for TV. Here, the only channels they have are Sony, Zee, and TV Asia (That i know of, not really sure about StarPlus).

KKusum is just getting very bad now. The title is 'KKusum" and now it is centered around Kumud. I think there was no reason to leap. It just made the story alot more complicated. Sometimes people acted like certain events didn't happen at all. What happened to Siddarth? Wasn't Kkusum REALLY in love with him? She was mourning for days when he died! Then suddenly she re-marries Abhay and becomes all happy. Its like she forgot about getting a divorce from him because of Esha. wtf?

I loved Astitva. It was the best serial, it had a good story and everything. Now the producers are just taking advantage of the serial being good before. Now it is really bad. The story was great when it was about Abhi and Simran. It just started to get bad when Aastha got kidnapped. Simran and Abhi just came back to India without her. What kind of parents are going to leave their child in Europe? Then SUDDENLY Shaguna remembers that she knows what the lady looked like. The thing that really got on my nerves was when Simran is checking the house for Aastha they play music in the background. Its not just any music! It's MOZART!!! He's one of my all time fav. musicians. They take Mozarts Symphony and play it in the background! I don't think they are allowed to to that, they have to have some sort of disclaimer for the music. That is so unproffesional!

Now they area going to drag the story on because of Aastha. Then they'll find the real Aastha or somthing and its going to go on forever!

The best serial I saw was Kuch Jhuki Palkein. It was probably the shortest serial Ekta ever made. It didn't go on forever. It had basicly one main problem with Vansh and his mother. The only part I didn't like was when Mamta dies.

I stopped watching Piya Ka Ghar, Its the stupidest thing ever! I hope the makers are reading this so maybe they will have some sense and stop torturing us! Rimjhim is proven innocent EVERY TIME!!! And yet, Irawati calls her "Aye Ladki!" What bad thing is going to happen if she says "Rimjhim". Everyone in the family knows she is telling the truth and they still don't believe her when she says someone is evil. Then they all say "O We are so sorry" The story is about Rimjhim and her getting acceptance from her family so she can live happily ever after. When she finally gets that, they will have some sort of new problem coming up.

Ye Meri Life Hai was great too. I liked it because it was about a girl following her dreams. Now after she got married, it seemed to change. It kind of turned into a saas-bahu drama because of Poornima.

Kaisa Ye Pyaar Hai is great right now because its the beginning, I'm sure Ekta will screw it up somehow!

KiRaN_K thumbnail
maybe its our fault..that we actually take the time to watch it and we let the directors make these idiotic stories...and we still watch it..Ekta for example has made soo many serials that have started but then either they got dumb or they got offair like kutumb 2, KSBKBT, kkusum, kehna hai kuch mujhko...but so many people still watch her shows and it sort of encourges her to work her brain a little more to make more idiotic shows so we can watch them and she can get money for fooling us..
queen-bee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Well the other day I wrote in TD gr abt the sad state of affairs of Indian soaps here it goes.......................

TD can be understood by observing the behavior of a canine suspended over a large vertical drop. Its feet will begin to fall first, causing its legs to stretch. As the wave reaches its torso, that part will begin to fall, causing the neck to strech. As the head begins to fall, tension is released and the
canine will resume its regular proportions until such time as it
strikes the ground. 😉  (this is the story of each and every serial!)

Fantasy wow! people r brought back from the grave-yard! Dramatization and analogy what should I say abt that.....prima donna always crying , my 4 year old says why is aunty crying? Guys, r distinctly uncmfortable in soppy-weepy scenes but have to do their job! All the moms r generally clad in swarowski spinkled saries, and dotes devotedly on sons, who can do no wrong!

Ever so greatful for the wonderful message they give us....................

1) Sorrow alone is the creator of all great things! Sorrow,sorrow and more sorrow!!

2) The haunting fear that someone somewhere may be happy just kills the other person.Puritanism !!

3) For every vengence there is a equal and opposite revengence!!

Earlier we had sweet, uplifting and predictable storyline, I think that was much better. This twisting and turning just spoils the essence of the drama.

I come back home watch a couple of soaps and then go to mall to cool off!!Now, Veni,vedi,visa!! I came,I saw,I did a little shopping!

I don't like to watch much TV these days but love to talk abt it with u guys!Episode dekhane ka nahi, per episode ki bare mai, IF mai ikhene ka jayda maza aata hai!!

Mink, who is trying to figure out the difference b/w 'non cynical' and 'cynical'!!

bluelotus thumbnail

Guys...this is a nice topic but I don't have enough inputs to write here.

I do watch only one serial, JJKN (now two including(KYPH) and I definitely don't like the way JJKN is shaping now. It is a very sad state of affairs in Indian TV serials where people do every thing for money and money only. We will get good serials only when somebody does it for the pure love of Art and I don't see any chance of it in the near future.

bunmaska thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

wow this is one topic i wanted to discuss since a long time. Yeah instead of bashing only Ekta's serials and some others I would say all, almost all the serials are really testing our patience and torture us after a point of time. Gone are the days when we used to wait with bated breath to watch the next episode be it after one week. Here din ba din we have to bear the same torture. In this hectic pace of our mechanical life these are the few moments of happiness we seek and look what we get. In fact now I enjoy IF more than the serials and just to keep myself updated so that we can discuss about it I prefer to watch the serials. Thats the effect of idiot box as they call it. We can't do with it nor without it.

Cheers

Lata

AALIYAH786 thumbnail

Quite right Lata.................its not only Ekta's serails but the majority of all indian serials...................they just stretch stretch and strech.......................as mentioned earlier...........Piya Ka Ghar and Astitva should have ended long time ago....................the ways things are going on both these serials it dont look like its gonna end anytime soon

These stories start very nice just like TD but somewhere along the line these writers just loose their minds and mess the whole serial.................and by stretching they loose viewers as well so where is the point of continuing airing it without viewers😡

chinti thumbnail

thanx for starting this wonderful discussion flash!

yeah aaliyah ...its all the indian serials

but still ektas are maha high phi

----> ppl pregnant for more than 15 month (KTH)

----> so  called age leaps (kyunki)

----> no sense of family planning (kasauti)

----> a mother trying to destroy her own son? (kavyanjali)

----> child swapping which is realized after 25 sumthing years (kahani)

these are just sum....but really?.....r they trying to teach us this thru the most common media?

saroj thumbnail
Indian serial makers do not believe in a dignified end at all....they stretch the serials so much that it turns into a mental torture for the viewers.A bit of drama and absurdity is acceptable to the viewers but most serials border on nonsensical stuff nowadays.Ekta is the pioneer in this respect but the other producers have caught on her now...in serial after serial we see the same utter rubbish.