Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: silverbug

Yes it is in whole of Asia but we are the laughing stock..not asians.

Just pick up any matrimonial and you will see what I mean. We take it to a whole new level. 

@bold: Those matrimonial sites are wicked and shows the real auqaad of certain low minded people. Guy is wheatish but wants a girl who is fair and square 🀒 I sometime feel like banging their heads, such that the wackos understand how lame and hypocrite they make themselves sound.
chucknorris thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Chandramukhi-

Just a note, it's not only about the fariness skins. Even in the west, whites are crazy about tanning and it's a multi million industry here from Tanning Salons to creams to etc etc. So basically the point is, it's not only about South Eastern countries, but people in general aren't satisfied with what they have. I agree all these whitening creams or craze is silly and ignorant. But aesthetic issues can be found globally and not only in Asia.

I completely agree but  tanning, as a fashion statement in the West, is not institutionally racist like the fairness propaganda in the subcontinent is. I don't want to get into the history and social aspect of it, but I think its pretty apparent if you have lived in India. Also, the hollywood does not uphold the bronze, tanned look as the standard for beauty like bollywood does for the fair skin even to this date. In the west, there is a certain sense of political correctness because of which people have now accepted the way they are. Everyone is told "you are beautiful in your own way".

Also look at the ads for tanning salons/creams, they are not about some european girl lacking self confidence because she is too fair.On the other hand look at ads for fair and lovely, its always some dark indian girl cursing her luck that she was born dark. The contrast is very stark. Does skin tone play a role in marriages in west ?  Are you ever going to see it in matrimonials ? Hell no!
chocobear thumbnail

@bold: Those matrimonial sites are wicked and shows the real auqaad of certain low minded people. Guy is wheatish but wants a girl who is fair and square 🀒 I sometime feel like banging their heads, such that the wackos understand how lame and hypocrite they make themselves sound.

Yeah they want gori chitti larki for the guy even though larke ke naam pe you get a kala sandhπŸ˜†Hypocrites
-Cruiser- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I love reading Matrimonial ads in newspapers of India, whenever I am in India.

I think I have decoded the language too:

GIRL ADS:

1. Fair Skinned----I am wheatish! 😳

2.Wheatish-- I am dark!😳

3.Griha Kaarya Mein Daksh-- I can't get a job😳

4. Smart Professional Working girl- Husband will cook and do dishes please!πŸ˜‰

5. Innocent Divorcee- My fault was a bit lesser (Girl insists so!)πŸ˜•

GROOM ADS

1. Looking for a smart working partner- I can't pay the Housing loan installments alone!πŸ˜‰

2. Seeks Homely partner- I am mama's boy, if you are not like my mom, stay where you are!😳

3. Professional, loves sports, news, reading: Be prepared to shift my cups and plates to kitchen as I watch TV or read!πŸ˜›

4. Happy go lucky, cheerful boy seeks-----Well, be clear I  am not into future planning, savings etc.

5. Jovial, fun loving, extrovert boy seeks---I have a nasty bunch of friends, will be back home around 23.45 Hrs every night!😑

Originally posted by: silverbug

I completely agree but  tanning, as a fashion statement in the West, is not institutionally racist like the fairness propaganda in the subcontinent is. I don't want to get into the history and social aspect of it, but I think its pretty apparent if you have lived in India. Also, the hollywood does not uphold the bronze, tanned look as the standard for beauty like bollywood does for the fair skin even to this date. In the west, there is a certain sense of political correctness because of which people have now accepted the way they are. Everyone is told "you are beautiful in your own way".

Also look at the ads for tanning salons/creams, they are not about some european girl lacking self confidence because she is too fair.On the other hand look at ads for fair and lovely, its always some dark indian girl cursing her luck that she was born dark. The contrast is very stark. Does skin tone play a role in marriages in west ?  Are you ever going to see it in matrimonials ? Hell no!

@bold: That I completely agree with. Western countries and people do not have those blinders on when it comes to accepting people from various backgrounds and race. People from various ethnicity can confidently go about in their life without having to worry about being taunted for being dark skinned. There are always exceptions, but more or less Western countries do have a broaden horizon compared to some petty minded people from India.
chucknorris thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I still doubt you will get ads in west which openly says "fair is ugly" and "dark is good".

But how many ads you have seen from indian tv which are openly saying that dark skin is a bane ? 

The last one I saw had priyanka chopra playing the dark girl. 

This is just a slow, deliberate debilitation of Indian woman's self-confidence.

chocobear thumbnail

Originally posted by: cruiser51

GIRL ADS:

2.Wheatish-- I am dark!😳

GROOM ADS

1. Looking for a smart working partner- I can't pay the Housing loan installments alone!πŸ˜‰

2. Seeks Homely partner- I am mama's boy, if you are not like my mom, stay where you are!😳

3. Professional, loves sports, news, reading: Be prepared to shift my cups and plates to kitchen as I watch TV or read!πŸ˜›

4. Happy go lucky, cheerful boy seeks-----Well, be clear I  am not into future planning, savings etc.

5. Jovial, fun loving, extrovert boy seeks---I have a nasty bunch of friends, will be back home around 23.45 Hrs every night!😑

You even bother to read those atrocious adsπŸ˜†

Originally posted by: cruiser51

GIRL ADS:

2.Wheatish-- I am dark!😳

GROOM ADS

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

EXACTLY, those ads look so ridiculous, I don't know why it doesn't look ridiculous to these so called weirdos.

Originally posted by: chocobear

Choco, those ads are to be read to understand how shallow some people's psyche is. It gives you the view of how Toing some people are in real πŸ˜†
Edited by -Chandramukhi- - 11 years ago
-Cruiser- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: chocobear

Yeah Bhaaloo.

I know I am sick!😳

I find real humour only in Matrimonial and Obituary ads.πŸ˜†

Obituary ads have their own fair share of fun...the person may have been wicked, mean and nasty all his / her life but he / she only leaves for a pompously declared HEAVENLY ABODE!...and the ones who the departed soul has left behind...cry khoon ke aansoo in ALL obituary ads...in reality, whatever the scene might have been!

Edited by cruiser51 - 11 years ago