Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

throughmysenses thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Another rocking post by dear Cruiser ji :)

I am little confused here actually about who actually made that comment.I sincerely doubt whether it's Urvashi's POV becoz Urvashi is very close to Nivedita Basu (a Bengali),the main Brain behind all Saboons of Balaji & Ekta's trusted one.Urvashi is not a fool to make such remark.& the way Aashka represented it,it looked to me as her personal opnion-to be honest.I need to see the repeat to confirm things.But whoever made this comment,she is stupid to the core & BB people are more dumb to air it.
Supari_khala thumbnail

Originally posted by: silverbug

I'm sorry but there is no way to justify what Urvashi (not aashka btw) said. IT's f**ked up on many levels.

And no, you can't be politically incorrect when you are on TV/public platform and especially when you are celeb as people expect better out of you. Celebs are supposed to be more open minded and accepting, look at hollywood stars...they are all liberal. If Celebs are like this, then why should we expect anything better from regular people.

If this happened in the west/US, urvashi's career would have been finished at that point. Look at what happened to mel gibson after his anti-semetic rants. The guy is pretty much isolated. Shilpa in big brother ? Plenty of examples. It's an unwritten rule in hollywood  that if you talk shit about any race esp. blacks/jews/minorities, you are done 4 life. But the sad thing is this kind of racism gets a pass in india and even tacit approval from authorities/celebs/figureheads. I really hoped that bigg boss would eliminate her to set an example or Salman would take it up during the eviction episode but sadly it didn't happen.

And ladies and gentleman that's one of the reasons why I don't live over there and hopefully never have to go back. I still have flashbacks from my childhood when I was constantly teased due to my ethnicity.

WORD! πŸ‘
chucknorris thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
And don't get me wrong, I also oppose all the racist comments in the past season against Veena , Vida and Claudia as well. It really does show us in a poor light.

Outside of India, we already have a pretty bad reputation of being racist and judgmental of people with less money. Everyone has also taken notice of the  ridiculous skin whitening cream ads from our bollywood actresses. This shit only does more harm. It's even worse when some one like Salman (or other hosts) gives it a free pass. 

-Cruiser- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I'm sorry but there is no way to justify what Urvashi (not aashka btw) said. IT's f**ked up on many levels.

And no, you can't be politically incorrect when you are on TV/public platform and especially when you are celeb as people expect better out of you. Celebs are supposed to be more open minded and accepting, look at hollywood stars...they are all liberal. If Celebs are like this, then why should we expect anything better from regular people.

If this happened in the west/US, urvashi's career would have been finished at that point. Look at what happened to mel gibson after his anti-semetic rants. The guy is pretty much isolated. Shilpa in big brother ? Plenty of examples. It's an unwritten rule in hollywood  that if you talk shit about any race esp. blacks/jews/minorities, you are done 4 life. But the sad thing is this kind of racism gets a pass in india and even tacit approval from authorities/celebs/figureheads. I really hoped that bigg boss would eliminate her to set an example or Salman would take it up during the eviction episode but sadly it didn't happen.

And ladies and gentleman that's one of the reasons why I don't live over there and hopefully never have to go back. I still have flashbacks from my childhood when I was constantly teased due to my ethnicity.

Excellent articulation silverbug ji!πŸ‘

As Urvashi herself hasn't said anything of the sort on cam, one has to give her benefit of doubt! May be Ashka's brain only received filtered part of Urvashi's statement, thanks to that thick jute layer on Aashka's head. May be she misunderstood, may be she is just playing one against another or indeed may be Urvashi said so.πŸ˜›

Aane waale dino mein hi pata chalega...dekhte rahiye---ye manhoos Programme---Big Boss-Alag Chheee!
🀒
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

And don't get me wrong, I also oppose all the racist comments in the past season against Veena , Vida and Claudia as well. It really does show us in a poor light.

Outside of India, we already have a pretty bad reputation of being racist and judgmental of people with less money. Everyone has also taken notice of the  ridiculous skin whitening cream ads from our bollywood actresses. This shit only does more harm. It's even worse when some one like Salman (or other hosts) gives it a free pass. 

true that...forget bollywood,I live in Singapore and the chinese who are already so fair have these skin whiteneing creams...i am like WTHπŸ˜• why do you need the cream...how white do u want to be?...this obsession with white skin is in the whole of Asia...not just India, pakistan etc.
-Cruiser- thumbnail

Originally posted by: happyviewer

true that...forget bollywood,I live in Singapore and the chinese who are already so fair have these skin whiteneing creams...i am like WTHπŸ˜• why do you need the cream...how white do u want to be?...this obsession with white skin is in the whole of Asia...not just India, pakistan etc.

yes, in West, one can't think of a stupid commercial where a beautiful, dusky girl is seen worrying as to whether she will get someone as a life partner...and then, as soon as she applies this stupid cream, a Prince in shining armour and white horse comes drooling after her!🀒

But woh separate topic hai!

Filhaal toh all I can say is:

Choose Aam Ka Ye Apmaan😑

Naheen Sahega Hindustan! 😑😑

Edited by cruiser51 - 11 years ago

Just a note, it's not only about the fariness skins. Even in the west, whites are crazy about tanning and it's a multi million industry here from Tanning Salons to creams to etc etc. So basically the point is, it's not only about South Eastern countries, but people in general aren't satisfied with what they have. I agree all these whitening creams or craze is silly and ignorant. But aesthetic issues can be found globally and not only in Asia.
chucknorris thumbnail
[QUOTE=cruiser51

Excellent articulation silverbug ji!πŸ‘

As Urvashi herself hasn't said anything of the sort on cam, one has to give her benefit of doubt! May be Ashka's brain only received filtered part of Urvashi's statement, thanks to that thick jute layer on Aashka's head. May be she misunderstood, may be she is just playing one against another or indeed may be Urvashi said so.πŸ˜›

Aane waale dino mein hi pata chalega...dekhte rahiye---ye manhoos Programme---Big Boss-Alag Chheee!
🀒
[/QUOTE]

Something tells me that Aashka wasn't lying either.  Besides from what I've seen of Urvashi until now, she just comes across as a bad person. She has something negative to say about everyone.

chucknorris thumbnail

Yes it is in whole of Asia but we are the laughing stock..not asians.

Just pick up any matrimonial and you will see what I mean. We take it to a whole new level. 
-Cruiser- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Chandramukhi-

Just a note, it's not only about the fariness skins. Even in the west, whites are crazy about tanning and it's a multi million industry here from Tanning Salons to creams to etc etc. So basically the point is, it's not only about South Eastern countries, but people in general aren't satisfied with what they have. I agree all these whitening creams or craze is silly and ignorant. But aesthetic issues can be found globally and not only in Asia.

There is huge difference Chandramukhi Ji!

Because of weak Sun, whiter / paler skin is indeed deficient when it comes to natural Vitamin D supply. During few summer months, it is need of whiter skin to laze around on beaches and soak in as much sun as they possibly can so that skin doesn't go on becoming paler and paler and deficient in pigments and essentials. Dark tan of white skin that results as a result, has become symbolic with good healthy skin as a direct result.

Tanning salons that dot the western cities are to provide this 'supposedly healthier look'...not a doomed scenario as depicted in Fair & Lovely ads in India. One ridiculous one had a guy ignoring a girl, she sobbing, buying the stupid cream and then this same guy drooling!

A similar theme ad in US would result in Unilever paying millions as damage for hurting sensibilities of a vast mass of people who would see red!

Back to theme...

Big Boss Tucchha Hai----Chipkoo Pilloo Lucchha hai!😑

Down with Big Boss. Big Boss Haaye Haaye!πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

Choose Aam Ka Ye Apmaan!😑

Naheen Sahega Hindustan!!!😑