Old is still Gold~scenesLTL1~UD. p83 14.8.13

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Old Still is Gold

Hello friends, and so I commence this thread with heartfelt appreciations for those devout Laagi fans who continue to soldier on with the keeping the flag flying for our beloved programme LTL 1. To name a few, acknowledgements are in order for Rose, Priya , Ani, Anrika/balli, Nakusha, Tahera, Bharti, Daya..and to others who still continue to visit this forum, and chivvy it along. Well, it seems to me that I have been sitting much to much on my back side, watching from the fence and thus, have come up with this no doubt repeated idea elsewhere, just so the silence on the forum is broken a wee bit..

Basically it's resurrecting old video clips of LTL1, about which in the distant past I, managed to  put my comments' the views of course were not set in stone, they were opinions formed on the basis of how I perceived the scenes.

What would be interesting is to read your views, which may be one liners or certainly more.. you are at liberty, to digress from the clip and make references and connections with something not seen in the clip. Also, the clips are not short, many of them may cover other bits that I may not have commented upon, so please do feel free to say something perhaps on that aspect of the clip. For the minute, I cannot decide whether this thread, should be daily, weekly or as and when. So any thoughts on this, please do chip in.

Ok, here is what I present as my first clip , and my comment .. hope you like it ,it's our favorite  couple .  Hammie'~29.9.12 

Index

clip 1~"what's in a name ~ p. 1

clip 2~ "as flies to wanton boys."~p.4

clip 3~ Dutta's dichotomy~ p.8

Clip 4~Evil Restless V Restive Good p.12

clip 5~ Wheels in Motion p.14

clip 6~ Mind Play.p.17

clip 7~ mind Play cont..p.21

CLIP 8~ Dutta on Dutta p.24

clip 9~ "Naku that which comes between us"p.28

clip10~ Catharsis,the actor ,the gentleman p.32

Clip 11~12~ Token of love p.34

clips 13~14 The infuriated gangster p.38

clips 15,16,17~ Dutta's matrimonial debacle final part. p.40

clips 18,19 ~Once upon a time..p.45

clips 20,21 ~Nuptial Bond..p.48

The Might of Dutta.. blood bath ~p.54

Family Man~ p. 58

"who goes there,friend or foe ?" ~p.62

"jaane kya baat hoi"~p.69

Chemistry Within ~p.73

In the name of the father~ p.78 part 1

In the name of my the father ~p.83 part2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's in a name..."

In this episode there was an exceptional play on the word "name".

A name is who you are; a name is how others perceive you; a name is what you share formally in a bond with the person you love , as a husband with his wife, in Dutta and Naku instance! A name is also artificial  and nonconventional, as Juliet reminded us when she said to her beloved Romeo  " What is in a name? a rose by any other name would smell as sweet" .Such is the love of Dutta and Nakku not the name but the person...

Dutta  as we know is addressed by a variety of names... each of which typifies his individual interaction and experience with the person/persons... to his Aye, sisters and close friend Baji he is simply Dutta!  He is Dutta Bhau to people where he maintains formality or regard e.g Kishore... but largely he is Dutta Bhau where his appellative transforms into a title of high station and he is instantaneously placed on a pedestal high above everyone else in Patil wadi...a title much sought after by the likes of Kala, Chaskar ,Sudarshan... Now in our minds there is no doubt that Dutta deserves his pedestal and title...But along side is our eternal admiration for the man who is simply Dutta... with all his multifaceted personality traits!

The play on the word name struck me personally  ,in this clip when Dutta asked about her name and she replied in a simple phrase, "Nakusha...  how he loving confirmed and bestowed upon her the title which Jagtap gave Naku ...Nakusha Dutta Patil... It was no mistake that he perhaps intentionally chose to omit references to him as a continuation of Shreeram Patil or Damodar Patil ... for once he was only Dutta... to me once again it enhanced the divinely eternal bond between Dutta and Nakku...

The FBs of Seema  , clearly pointed out that for her the name Dutta only meant cash! not love...but Naku's given title  "Saab" was way above all his given and achieved names...

Saab is what now epitomizes his existence now and forever... 

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg1SWrv9Go4&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]     

Edited by Hamlet53 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nakusha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hi hamlet

fristly loved the topic &the clip๐Ÿ˜Šit brought all the memory gushing back .this is one of the best scenes of ltl

the name & ur views are superb .i would just add looking at the clip with fire all round tasha

ye ishq nahii.n aasaa.N itanaa to samajh liije
ek aag kaa dariyaa hai aur Duub ke jaanaa hai

dutta for me is aag & naku darya .naku brought solace to the heart burned dutta

keep posting & as always u r amazing ๐Ÿ˜Š
-bharti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hammoo,  (ab teri nayi naam)๐Ÿ˜‰   tu agayi toh bahaar aagayi...๐Ÿค—   thanx mate,   luvd ur take on the topic "Whats in a name"  one word is BRILLIANT !!!  

Firstly the reason behind ur name since ur topic too dwells on the significance of a name... you are the ammo coupled with moood swings meaning the literary fire power n the moody queen of the forum๐Ÿ˜Š

What an interesting topic u discovered out of nowhere ham, nakusha is right ur truly amaaazzingg..๐Ÿ‘          me firmly believe in juliets words what's in a name?  Society attaches undue weightage to a family/name which can be either a burden or a boon to an individual at times. But ultimately its the deeds of an individual which matters. Dutta a Don to the police was the Bhau to his people cause he was their messiah, he was just Dutta to his loving AS n elder evil sis kalawati but respectfully bhau to his friend baji kishore leela n roops. Dutta found his natural father's name a burden/liability n uncle Shriram's name to which he couldnt claim as his own.

In the present cute JMM2 clipping, Naku calling him Saab gave him all the joy n how beautifuly he explains in his own words, "tumhara saara pyar jhalakta hai, khaas lagata hai aur sacha lagta hai"  meaning its not the name but the feelings behind that is obviously more important. Him asking to take her full name as Nakusha Dutta Patil meant the world to her, gave a sense of belonging to him as his rightful wife. They resided in each other's heart n it didnt matter to him if she was a maid [for sometime even an ugly duckling] or to her if he was the Bhau..name, power or wealth meant nothing to them 

And i wil not forget the name the forum has bestowed upon dutta, Gadha  ๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by -bharti- - 11 years ago
Iridescence1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
.:: Reserved ::.  
-bharti- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nakusha

hi hamlet

fristly loved the topic &the clip๐Ÿ˜Šit brought all the memory gushing back .this is one of the best scenes of ltl

the name & ur views are superb .i would just add looking at the clip with fire all round tasha

ye ishq nahii.n aasaa.N itanaa to samajh liije
ek aag kaa dariyaa hai aur Duub ke jaanaa hai

dutta for me is aag & naku darya .naku brought solace to the heart burned dutta

keep posting & as always u r amazing ๐Ÿ˜Š

kya shayri hai nakushaji,  aag aur dariya.   wah, aap toh sach mein shayar bante jaarahe hai hammoo ke karan ya ltl ke..๐Ÿ˜‰
Nakusha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -bharti-

kya shayri hai nakushaji,  aag aur dariya.   wah, aap toh sach mein shayar bante jaarahe hai hammoo ke karan ya ltl ke..๐Ÿ˜‰

yeh saab aap jaise   doston ke enayat hai nahin toh bandi kya cheez hai
.ab apne okhat pe aate ho ๐Ÿ˜†

mein shayar toh nahin magar hammiee ke kasam ltl in shayari sekha de

hammiee keep posting good stuff u get best out of all of us๐Ÿ˜Š
sona89 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awesome post ...dutta for me be saab ...nakusha ...naku๐Ÿ˜Š
stranger2rose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I commence this thread with heartfelt appreciations for those devout Laagi fans who continue to soldier on with the keeping the flag flying for our beloved programme LTL 1. To name a few, acknowledgements are in order for Rose
@ bold - thanks so much hammie ..this forum is indeed very close to us hence impossible to leave it 

A name is also artificial  and nonconventional, as Juliet reminded us when she said to her beloved Romeo  " What is in a name? a rose by any other name would smell as sweet" .Such is the love of Dutta and Nakku not the name but the person...
@ bold .. lol you and your shakesphere ..but its true and agree with you 
the scene where he asks her name was beautiful and after FR for the first time he openly acknowledged her as his wife .. he wanted her to know that she was now his thus called her nakusha dutta patil ..giving her the respect and position that she truly deserved 

very well written post as always ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Warda. thumbnail
Thankyou hammie for coming with this post. .its a great idea to pick selective scenes from the show and once again relive that moment๐Ÿ˜Š

well deserved applause for the members mentioned including yourself who did so much efforts to keep this forum alive and glued many of members like me even as silent readers. .unfortunately i've not been a very useful member ..for that i will always feel bad anyways not starting with my dukh bari kahani*sniff* ๐Ÿ˜›

What an opening of the thread. .loved the scene you've picked. .its first ball par sixer . .you know t20 fever is running high on me๐Ÿ˜ณ

"Whats in the name" this is so apt title for dutta for as you mentioned how that one person was reffered with so many names by different people. .including that one unusual word saab. .what i loved it how till the end she was'nt successful in calling him by his name. .when dutta asked her to call his name something inside me was chanting constantly "please no". .for i felt that in word saab not only had that affection but that degree of respect too which dutta deserved.

This part reminds me of one of my fav.scene from the movie jodah-akbar. .where jodah/aish learns
to write in urdu and she after writing asks akbar/hrithik to read it . .and herself is reluctant in taking his name. .but has to take on his insistence. .what i loved was her stammering tone lack of confidence or lets name it as shyness to make it beautiful. .same way i loved that all confused playing with her finger naku. .and not to forget an amused dutta ๐Ÿ˜Š

and for "nakusha dutta patil". .how beautiful this name looks . .complete. .no more unwanted*sigh*

thankyou hammie for picking this part . .as this was the first bonding between dutta and fair naku as husband and wife. .

Please keep updating this thread regularly. .waiting for scene no.2 and also curious too which one it would be๐Ÿ˜Š. .see you
Stay blessed!!!

uwith thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

nice post hamlet for me dutta is soul & naku soulmate๐Ÿ˜Škeep posting