Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Krrish4You thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Sujata: after nidhi found ashu on hosp. Bed @ unknown village.. Sk aka Dr. Ashu hs taken this character greater heights, his bindaas way of touchy romance, in depth voice quality, screen presence amazing chemistry with kritz aka Dr.nidhi & with all other characters has made sk aka Dr. Ashu what it meant to be.. Otherwise U knw hw it ws earlier - (Jyaada nahi likhna chahta kyunki kuch logon bahut buraa yaa gussa aata hain)
Sujatha.rao thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@all

Thank you for sharing your Ashu moments...while there have been those for whom it was love at first sight, there are others who have succumbed at other points in the show...

And yes, a character transcends an actor...like KPji pointed out, so many actors have played Devdas...different people have liked different interpretations...but the character remains above and beyond any individual actor...but when the actor also interprets the character the way you would like to see it played, then that adds to the charm...

Whatever, Ashutosh rocks ...and that is all that matters for the show...!
Sujatha.rao thumbnail

Originally posted by: ithasme

Sujata: after nidhi found ashu on hosp. Bed @ unknown village.. Sk aka Dr. Ashu hs taken this character greater heights, his bindaas way of touchy romance, in depth voice quality, screen presence amazing chemistry with kritz aka Dr.nidhi & with all other characters has made sk aka Dr. Ashu what it meant to be.. Otherwise U knw hw it ws earlier - (Jyaada nahi likhna chahta kyunki kuch logon bahut buraa yaa gussa aata hain)

Yep Harshal...I love all those qualities that you pointed out too...but in the interest of peace, we will not go into detail πŸ˜†
Sujatha.rao thumbnail
@shari

Thank you for sharing your thoughts...I have never seen DK and am glad I did not...because there would have been a prototype in my mind for Ashu to fit into...this way, I had no expectations...and fell in love with the character just for itself...personally, the actor is of no consequence to me...like in the case of Darcy, it was always the character...Colin Firth and Mathew McFadden don't make a difference 😊...
Suvika. thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
the moment i fell in love with Ashu huh!! 

when he is in the hospital and Nidhi comes to meet him...Mallika denies her entry and Ashu opens his eyes and hears Nidhi's voice n says "Nidhi" softly to himself and then immediately shouts loudly, "NIDHI! MALLIKA, NIDHI KO ANDAR AANE DO!" and his desperate look for the next few seconds before Nidhi enters the ICU and his look of relief that quickly follows that...

and thats it...i was in love...
achiever thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i agree Sujatha ji.. i luv the character of Darcy.. bt for me it wud always b Colin Firth thts etched in my mind as Darcy.. tho i luved the soft touch and gentleness macfayden added to his character.. bt it will always b Colin firth..

thn i luv the "mentalist"

and the "Azhar nawab"

and of course Dr. Ahmer..

and recent Ashu protrayed by SK..

yesterday i went back and saw the old epis of dargah, confession, etc.. mst say i cud see more awkwardness betn the actors now thn i had felt at tht time  such is the way SK-KK have brot alive the luv and chemistry of AshNi!😳 

needless to say SK personifies the softness of Ashu in more manly way.. and i like his hesitation.. his shyness.. which i cudnt c in earlier Ashu.. and SK's Ashu doesnt look stupid or awkward...essentially!πŸ˜†

bt the anger the rage tht Ashu personified cud only b seen in earlier Ashu.. SK fells short of it.. i dont know y.. bt he had protrayed tht Angry man character so well in bairi piya.. oh how i luved SK as the angry Thakur!  i think may b the character of Ashu confuses him and the director as it had confused me!πŸ˜†

per me the Ashu post SK and pre SK r totally different characters.. some common traits r thr.. bt still i cant seem to relate thm as one!😳

Edited by achiever - 11 years ago
Shari30 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sujatha.rao

@shari

Thank you for sharing your thoughts...I have never seen DK and am glad I did not...because there would have been a prototype in my mind for Ashu to fit into...this way, I had no expectations...and fell in love with the character just for itself...personally, the actor is of no consequence to me...like in the case of Darcy, it was always the character...Colin Firth and Mathew McFadden don't make a difference 😊...

The beauty of DK was the story line. But to be frank up til now I found it hard to accept the story line that was unfolding but the last two episodes have been awesome, it has been a real pleasure to see ashu seeing nids as a through professional and supporting  her through out loved the lines what are you looking at this is your chance grab it. SK gave full justice and made ashu endearing to us allπŸ˜‰
Sujatha.rao thumbnail

Originally posted by: achiever

bt the anger the rage tht Ashu personified cud only b seen in earlier Ashu.. SK fells short of it.. i dont know y.. bt he had protrayed tht Angry man character so well in bairi piya.. oh how i luved SK as the angry Thakur!  i think may b the character of Ashu confuses him and the director as it had confused me!πŸ˜†

per me the Ashu post SK and pre SK r totally different characters.. some common traits r thr.. bt still i cant seem to relate thm as one!😳

Personally, although different actors bring in different flavours, I don't think it is just about the actor here...I think there has been a fundamental shift in Ashutosh post falling in love with Nidhi...the rage and the anger that you are talking about...they are simply not there in him anymore...Nidhi has softened him and smoothed out his rough edges to such a point that he is now almost a different man...

I don't know about Bairi Piya...have never seen it...but the actor and the director are interpreting it the way they see it...and probably you don't see it the same way...hence your disappointment...

And I think Sharad is a very intuitive actor...and very, very subtle...and that is what I am liking best...his style does not fit into the TV mould at all!
Sujatha.rao thumbnail

Originally posted by: oaz30

The beauty of DK was the story line. But to be frank up til now I found it hard to accept the story line that was unfolding but the last two episodes have been awesome, it has been a real pleasure to see ashu seeing nids as a through professional and supporting  her through out loved the lines what are you looking at this is your chance grab it. SK gave full justice and made ashu endearing to us allπŸ˜‰

Indeed...when he does justice to Nidhi, he endears himself to the forum-iites πŸ˜‰
achiever thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sujatha.rao

Personally, although different actors bring in different flavours, I don't think it is just about the actor here...I think there has been a fundamental shift in Ashutosh post falling in love with Nidhi...the rage and the anger that you are talking about...they are simply not there in him anymore...Nidhi has softened him and smoothed out his rough edges to such a point that he is now almost a different man...

I don't know about Bairi Piya...have never seen it...but the actor and the director are interpreting it the way they see it...and probably you don't see it the same way...hence your disappointment...

And I think Sharad is a very intuitive actor...and very, very subtle...and that is what I am liking best...his style does not fit into the TV mould at all!

Bold:  True.. bt u will amazed to see how truly SK protrayed Ekta's typical angry egotist male character in Bairi Piya.. SK's Ashu is totally from another world... and i luv him so more much as Ashu!😳

Agree to tht.. actors bring different flavors.. and i luved the chemistry betn Ashu_Nidhi in initial episodes.. esp the epis wer he gets fractured and is bed ridden..😳  bt thn somewer down the road it all went down drains.. may b due to uneasiness factor betn the actors or the body doubles watever..

bt i cud not c the smooth transition from tht angry Ashu to this softened Ashu.. I cannot c any glimpse of tht Dr. Heartstone in SK's Ashu.. bt thn SK's Ashu has always been nidhi's Dr. Ashutosh and not KGH's professional Dr. Ashutosh.. even while dealing with Mallu SK's Ashu had been so soft.. while earlier Ashu had been a faithful friend bt stingy and bitter..

may b u r right me and KPji r never on same pages at least for 2 characters.. one is Mallu and second is Ashu!πŸ˜†

i think actor and directors always did their part best.. i dont much abt the significance of screenplay bt i think the more elaborate and detailed it is the more finely an actor/director can deliver a scene..  thy did wat thy wer given wether it b earlier Ashu or this new Ashu

and essentially we cud c in wat episodes KPji fall asleep while writing the plot at 5 a.m.!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 

not trying to insult his hardwork.. bt i dont know how he is doing justice to his job at 5 .a.m when he is constantly cribbing abt sleep!πŸ€” 
Edited by achiever - 11 years ago