The moment you fell in love?

Sujatha.rao thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Can you recall the moment when you fell in love with Ashutosh as a character?

While I enjoy the show, for me it is about Ashutosh at the end of the day. i am unashamedly biased. When I think back to the moments when I recognized that the character had me under its spell, I recall the time when he asked her to look at herself through his eyes, the time he rushed around to find ginger tea to share with her virtually, the time he begged her to hold on and stall the engagement, and the time he told her that he had travelled a long way back to see her.

But the defining moment was when he stepped back with grace when she asked him to let her go. When he let her go without malice and resentment and still continued to care for her emotional wellbeing. There have been many times when I have felt anger against him since then, and anger against the writer for making him do things I couldn't digest, And yet, I kept trying to understand him, trying to give him the benefit of doubt for acts that most others found indefensible. Never before have I bothered to defend a fictional character or made an effort to understand and explain his actions, Yet, Ashutosh compelled me to do it. The love affair continues to this day despite everything. He is no paragon of virtue, no perfect husband nor a perfect anything. Yet, his imperfections are reason why I love him.

Jane Austen's Mr Darcy remained unchallenged as my most favorite fictional hero ever for all these years. There  was no man in the fictional world who could ever compete with him. Now, Ashutosh is as much if not more loved than Mr Darcy!

Would love to know if it was love at first sight or if Ashutosh grew on you so insidiously that you did not even realize when it happened!

Edited by Sujatha.rao - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

parmarA thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
i started to love this show when i saw the first promo of the show and decided to follow this show without missing a single episode,and i started to fall in love with this character when title song was released,and when ashu hide that gift in his drawer[the advertisement pics]and try to call her but hesitate,i started to love Ashutosh from that day,this was your question na?
Sujatha.rao thumbnail

Originally posted by: alkaparmart

i started to love this show when i saw the first promo of the show and decided to follow this show without missing a single episode,and i started to fall in love with this character when title song was released,and when ashu hide that gift in his drawer[the advertisement pics]and try to call her but hesitate,i started to love Ashutosh from that day,this was your question na?

Yes.that was my question, Alka...so yours was practically love a first sight then 😊
parmarA thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sujatha.rao

Yes.that was my question, Alka...so yours was practically love a first sight then 😊

yes you can say that,i don't care who played that role and how?but i like the qualities and abs in ashutosh.but in my pov no one is perfect,we had so many unqualified characters,but i like his incompleteness and his learning love very much
Sujatha.rao thumbnail

Originally posted by: alkaparmart

yes you can say that,i don't care who played that role and how?but i like the qualities and abs in ashutosh.but in my pov no one is perfect,we had so many unqualified characters,but i like his incompleteness and his learning love very much

That is very sweet, Alka...and very true...none of us is perfect or complete...and yes, it is to the character's credit that the change of face has not affected it...it is so strong by itself that it takes over the actor and moulds him to itself...!
Armu4eva thumbnail
When he defended Mandira...just loveddd it...😳
koyelbasu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I love both Nidhi & Ashu but love Nidhi little more than Ashu. Ashni Rocks! I think I attracted to KTLK from the 1st promo and Ashni from very 1st day.
subashni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I started to watch the show accidentally.It instantly attracted me as it was much different from T.V.soaps.Classy and sophisticated. I love Asutosh for being an ordinary human being with his insecurities. and imperfections.  Not an Alpha male of mills and boon.or a superstar from a masala movie. Loved him most when he let go nidhi. But post marriage sequence is a great disappointment for me. I still find it hard to digest him in mallu track. A man  who cannot differentiate between a friend and wife. I am still mad at the writer for  portraying ashu as an old century person in the name of highlighting age gap. And I am also not for this AshMaN. who could fight, dance, etc.. But  still this is the only show which highlights a male lead. But  after watching last week's episode I feel the story is slowly shifting to heroine oriented. I don't know whether this is my feeling or the new writers try to make it so.Now I neither hate him nor love him.
Sujatha.rao thumbnail

Originally posted by: radhika72

But  after watching last week's episode I feel the story is slowly shifting to heroine oriented.

Interesting that you say that , Radhika...cause did get a similar feel myself too...like you said, the biggest attraction for me has been the strong male character,...In the process of turning Nidhi into Parvati or Tulsi, I hope Ashutosh is not reduced to being an Om or a Mihir...that would take away my very reason for watching the show!
subashni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sujatha.rao

Interesting that you say that , Radhika...cause did get a similar feel myself too...like you said, the biggest attraction for me has been the strong male character,...In the process of turning Nidhi into Parvati or Tulsi, I hope Ashutosh is not reduced to being an Om or a Mihir...that would take away my very reason for watching the show!

Then that makes two of us. I hope that will not be. The show will lose its  charm and essence at least for me.