'I dislike fake people' : Deepshikha Nagpal

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Deepshikha Nagpal has a mind and dares to speak it. Tellybuzz in conversation with this outspoken actress who plays Muskaan's authoritative mom Tara on Sony TV's Hongey Judaa Na Hum.

Tara is a character who can be explored very well on the show, there are various facets to her character...

I agree. As the show progresses there will be crucial tracks involving Tara. She adds spice to the show. She is a grey character while the others are too goody goody. She isn't negative but a loving mom. Like me, Tara says what is in her heart and on her mind. She doesn't pretend or try to be politically correct. I dislike fake people.

Previously we heard of saas-bahu sagas. Now we hear of the saas making her son-in-law's life difficult as on your show...

TV is saturated with saas-bahu conflicts, so this is a welcome change. However there is a reason as to why Tara is reacting like this. Rohan after all made her daughter Muskaan's life very unhappy.

Rohan and Muskaan would fight all the time. However they loved one another. Do you think that Tara went too far by making her daughter sign the divorce papers?

In my opinion, it was right for Tara to make her daughter sign the divorce papers. After all they have been constantly fighting for five years and making each others' life miserable. If they stay on in a marriage like this there will be just negativity and no growth. They are surely not meant for one another.

Will we see any plot development as far as your relationship with your son is concerned? Or will the creatives just focus on the mother - daughter relationship?

That depends on the creatives. We aren't told the story before hand. The relationship of Tara with all her family members- her husband, daughter and son should be well explored.

What about the TV industry would you like to change?

The schedule of television actors is very tiring. Instead of shooting cut to cut we should have a bank. Things should be far more organized.

What are your hobbies?
Dancing, singing, painting and reading books