Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

eveline thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: MaddyAddy

Its not just the love stories that come with a expiry date, but all stories come with the same. And the best way to handle it is to end it when it ends. Just like Pride and Prejudice and, Romeo and Juliet;

All stories end at the right time, they aren't dragged needlessly losing focus, transforming characters, over ruling common sense and logic just to last longer and eventually leaving a bitter after taste. Perhaps PH needs to understand that by dragging and playing havoc with the story, they are eradicating good IPK memories, and replacing them with unpleasant ones.

If they think they cant keep it going then end it with dignity, not reduce to nonsense.

its all about money at some stage...they can end the story...within a week if they want...but as far as the channel and production house and everyone else related with the show..some 200 ppl can earn their livelihood...dignity and creativity do not stand a chance...
sumeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: momma1128

I respect your point of view but it is a hard sell.  Love is not there in the way it should be because they have shifted focus completely.  The remarriage was not for ArHi but as a scene setting for Shyam.

My saas watched this show for ASR and Kh.  She was very much into Arnav.  The CVs have miscalculated.  In the midst of a happy wedding on another channel, they introduced Shyam.  My saas shut off the IPK that day and has not returned since.  She even said, they needlessly dragged this, they should have killed him.  She is not a youth oriented crowd.  She does watch SNS but she watched IPK NOT for the saas-bahu element because it is done better on another channel.  The PH does not know the audience.

I guess they know their audience, but they're confused about who to cater to...Most of us writing here are surely repelled by Ekta Kapoor(EK) stuff(but we contribute only a tiny fraction to the TRPs, I suppose)..but there're are other s who like EK and they are huge contributers to the TRP..so if SP decides to keep catering to this large chunk..ekta kapoor crap will continue..and Nayee Soch of SP will be scorned at...
eveline thumbnail

Originally posted by: Didikisaut

I think it will be too late dear...as they already skipped 2-3 important tracks...now this Anjali drama is too much to handle in between a remarriage track...I don't think that people will have that much patience dear as we been dished crap after crap since April-May... 

dont know about the ppl...only trps can tell (and that too if they are not manipulated..cant trust anything these days😆)...but can sense that this forum has run out of patience...but then again whats new??
aadyakali thumbnail

I made a post some time back on mariage and love... i may be  tagged as very cynical and  unromantic person but i hardly belive in romantic love and mariage. though married and mum of 2... for me  it was just  something i did for my mum , to repay  her for all the miseries she went thru to  give me a good life and made me what i am .Love is the most elusive feeling ever... i do not believe in  love and even less in eternal ove  ... i think all those poets and lyricist create a very misleading halo around that feeling which  in turn mislead guillible youngsters. The reality check  and delusion is a biter pill to swallow.

Anyway... that does not mean i do not love reel love stories coz i know it is just that a fictional story to entertain us... and that is what we look for in IPKKND...
When was  this show following any real life logic for it to start now!!!! We just want at least a proper slice of romance  ... but here they hrdly show 2-3 romantic epiz and then it is back to either commedy, or hate or suspense or  misery... gosh we want a break from our real life guys...as simple as that...and believe me we already have our fair  share of ronna dhonna, here, plz for pity's sake get back on track.
eveline thumbnail
I guess they know their audience, but they're confused about who to cater to...Most of us writing here are surely repelled by Ekta Kapoor(EK) stuff(but we contribute only a tiny fraction to the TRPs, I suppose)..but there're are other s who like EK and they are huge contributers to the TRP..so if SP decides to keep catering to this large chunk..ekta kapoor crap will continue..and Nayee Soch of SP will be scorned at...

sorry to butt in..hope m forgiven...just wante to say one thing...however much i hate her shows...never watched any...and scoffed at them...even i cannot deny that her brand of nonsense was popular...and still is...she is undoubtedly the biggest producer indian televison ever saw...at one time she was running 10 successful soaps on TV...gosh imagine that...
sumeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: lara3110

Regarding Shyam being a fantastic villain, it is a big question mark.  Probably, you and quite a few have the same idea but ask the viewers and you will be surprised to read their comments.  What does he do? Just narrates the lines given to him by the writer and adds a few of his mannerisms with a twitch of his nostrils and the stupid smile on his face.  There is no depth in his acting, period.

Sorry for the comments, but this is exactly what I feel as well as quite a few, in fact many more.

Once we have seen the leads in action, there is nothing at all exciting to watch anymore.  The current episodes do not enthrall us at all.

Love never dies but it matures over the years and binds the family for eternity. Where is the need for any villain, if your love is strong?

Don't we have enough of treachery, vindictiveness, horror, etc in this world? Why can't we make our lives a little different with love and understanding?  Why do we have to watch serials which give us sleepless nights? We come home for some peace, some funny moments, and try to relax and watch a nice serial, so why should we, subject ourselves to all this tension?

@Underlined (I'm happy you wrote that in bold and large fonts)

Edited by sumeeta - 11 years ago
-DKS- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: eveline

dont know about the ppl...only trps can tell (and that too if they are not manipulated..cant trust anything these days😆)...but can sense that this forum has run out of patience...but then again whats new??

There is no research which is not manipulated...even drug tests are manipulated..but TRP is 95% true our deserves to out of top 10 though we clinging on to 10th spot...

The forum patience is the lowest ever..see the youtube hits...I need not watch a episode and still feel like I have missed nothing...
eveline thumbnail

Originally posted by: aadyakali

I made a post some time back on mariage and love... i may be  tagged as very cynical and  unromantic person but i hardly belive in romantic love and mariage. though married and mum of 2... for me  it was just  something i did for my mum , to repay  her for all the miseries she went thru to  give me a good life and made me what i am .Love is the most elusive feeling ever... i do not believe in  love and even less in eternal ove  ... i think all those poets and lyricist create a very misleading halo around that feeling which  in turn mislead guillible youngsters. The reality check  and delusion is a biter pill to swallow.

Anyway... that does not mean i do not love reel love stories coz i know it is just that a fictional story to entertain us... and that is what we look for in IPKKND...
When was  this show following any real life logic for it to start now!!!! We just want at least a proper slice of romance  ... but here they hrdly show 2-3 romantic epiz and then it is back to either commedy, or hate or suspense or  misery... gosh we want a break from our real life guys...as simple as that...and believe me we already have our fair  share of ronna dhonna, here, plz for pity's sake get back on track.

all i can say is...i have a love marriage...but i still agree 100% with u on some aspects...but the least said the better...

thats precisely why i started watching this show..it was fun..romantic..funny..intense..emotional...but i do know that is not all gone...a few good episodes and we can be back...
eveline thumbnail

Originally posted by: Didikisaut

There is no research which is not manipulated...even drug tests are manipulated..but TRP is 95% true our deserves to out of top 10 though we clinging on to 10th spot...

The forum patience is the lowest ever..see the youtube hits...I need not watch a episode and still feel like I have missed nothing...

u know dks...to make a long story short...it is going wrong right now...but it can still be fixed...its not irredeemable yet...they have give us a beautiful love story...lets give them something in return...we gave them time...and attention...maybe now they need some TLC and patience...
sumeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: eveline

sorry to butt in..hope m forgiven...just wante to say one thing...however much i hate her shows...never watched any...and scoffed at them...even i cannot deny that her brand of nonsense was popular...and still is...she is undoubtedly the biggest producer indian televison ever saw...at one time she was running 10 successful soaps on TV...gosh imagine that...

Hey..U're welcome ..congrats for posting this topic..I absolutely loved it..
coming to your reply..I am only saying that the PH is confused about what class of viewer's are they catering to...ppl like us who are die-hard romantics or the bunch tht watched EK stuff..b'coz I don't remember hearing (as I never watched any myself) about any of her shows that the leads stayed together for long..or together or any of her creations being a happy love story...It is important to keep in mind as a creator "What is your creation doing to your viewers?"
As Lara just said..Can't we hv sm peace and hope and happiness after watching a show,( as there's already too much of pain in the world around)
IPK started with this note..and now they are shifting their focus on the kind of viewers who find EK serials appreciative...
Edited by sumeeta - 11 years ago
Previous
1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next