Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Anu, don't read this. 

Originally posted by: psawyer

You're both very right. The biggest thing you see in season 1, Anu, is that Mike - despite being the 'clever/smart' guy, makes a lot of mistakes - real world mistakes - because he doesn't know how to read people. He'll have the case sewn up in his head, but when he gets into that courtroom, suddenly the axis shifts because someone reacts in a different way  than he anticipated. Mike doesn't need to learn the law, but Harvey teaches him real world skills. 

Harvey knows how to read people, and that's why, in many ways, he's smarter than Mike. In lawyer-land, knowing how people think and react is often better than the facts. BUT, like Miss-confusing-with-someone-else says, as the season progresses, Mike's 'caring' nature rubs off on Harvey. Not that he was a total jackass to begin with, but nobody really knew how to bring that side out of him. Donna pushes him, but not to that extent since she clearly is his junior at work. Jessica doesn't push him because he wins. Mike, despite being way under-experienced, does break through and force Harvey to see the other side of the coin.

You know what occurred to me a few days ago and surprised me? Someone had posted a quote from that episode where they're defending the pharmaceutical company run by Jessica's ex-husband...and when she reveals to Harvey that she was married to this guy, he was surprised...he didn't know about it. That goes to show for how 'in' these people are on each other's personal lives...and that was so pronounced in Sucker Punch, where Jessica finds herself questioning Harvey in the mock trial about what exactly has him so 'damaged'...like I was saying to Mash, she took that line of questioning because she had a point to prove, it was premeditated, but the territory that they ended up treading on was very real...and her questions, even her curiosity about what made him like he is was very genuine. That puts such a spin on it because these people don't know that much about each other...in a way they're all so guarded, but yet they care and respect for each other on a very personal level in a professional world. That's a very interesting place to form such relationships in because they're really all based on work, but thread through to something deeper than that at times...

Another thing that I caught on to while rewatching the pilot a few days ago...I'd always thought that Harvey and Jessica met at the Pearson Hardman mailroom...but she says in one of her verbal lashings to him that he was a screw up, and she brought him up to the mailroom, then sponsored his education...that makes it even more interesting, na...because it makes me wonder where exactly and how they would have met...
AreYaar thumbnail

There are Sherlock-Watson shippers?!!! ZOMG 

I'm all for equality an' all, but seriously, can't two guys just be friends anymore?! πŸ˜†

P.S. Oh yeah, I forgot which ep he said that line in πŸ˜†

Apparently notπŸ˜†...arey I'm all for equality too but don't try to FORCE everything into being gay just for the heck of it yaar...there IS such a thing as just FRIENDSHIP and BASIC human connection too, you know? Not everyone is dying to "fall in lowe" with any person of the same or opposite gender all the timeπŸ˜†

Yesss there are Sherlock-Watson shippers GALORE on Tumblr...I was quite scarred while looking for Sherlock creations on there...really creepy stuff...honestly I loved those two so much in the show and yes they are quite an old married couple in some waysπŸ˜† but seriously enough with the creepy romantic connotations to everything...FRIENDSHIP bhi koi cheez hoti hai yaar.
Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hola SuitersπŸ˜†.  one more coming through...lol well I've yet to watch it but i have seen bits of it and heard about it SO very much from my crazy cousin who absolutely loves this show.

AreYaar thumbnail
Arey the party has full on moved here! LOL Jzee should jump in too...I'll link her to this as well once she starts watching...

Heya Amy! I also just started watching so we can all discuss together side by side :-)
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Anu, keep not reading πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: kabeeraspeaking

You know what occurred to me a few days ago and surprised me? Someone had posted a quote from that episode where they're defending the pharmaceutical company run by Jessica's ex-husband...and when she reveals to Harvey that she was married to this guy, he was surprised...he didn't know about it. That goes to show for how 'in' these people are on each other's personal lives...and that was so pronounced in Sucker Punch, where Jessica finds herself questioning Harvey in the mock trial about what exactly has him so 'damaged'...like I was saying to Mash, she took that line of questioning because she had a point to prove, it was premeditated, but the territory that they ended up treading on was very real...and her questions, even her curiosity about what made him like he is was very genuine. That puts such a spin on it because these people don't know that much about each other...in a way they're all so guarded, but yet they care and respect for each other on a very personal level in a professional world. That's a very interesting place to form such relationships in because they're really all based on work, but thread through to something deeper than that at times...

Another thing that I caught on to while rewatching the pilot a few days ago...I'd always thought that Harvey and Jessica met at the Pearson Hardman mailroom...but she says in one of her verbal lashings to him that he was a screw up, and she brought him up to the mailroom, then sponsored his education...that makes it even more interesting, na...because it makes me wonder where exactly and how they would have met...

@bold - very true. In fact, I never thought of it that way. I always thought that Jessica knew all about Harvey. In some ways, she does - she knew about his attachment to his father; knew about Donna, and about the DA. But these are things that I think Harvey was willing to share with her, and vice versa for him. 

It's like how most people have a work 'family' - a 'husband', a 'mother' etc. You know SO much about these people in the working sphere, and bits and pieces of their personal lives. You have a kind of history together, where you've come up through the trenches. But ultimately, when it comes down to it, you know very little about them outside of work.

With someone like Harvey, whose life is work, it's even more interesting that he stays so closed up and maintains such a facade. Nobody knows him, really. Donna probably knows him better than anyone (but then that's because she listens in on his convos πŸ˜†), but even with her there are areas that she cannot cross. 

As for where Jessica & Harvey met - yes, I want to know too. If she found him worthy enough not only to mentor him but to put him through law school and basically foster him...where did they meet and what on earth did she see in him? Maybe he was part of one of her pro bono cases? She seems so strict about doing pro bono...

P.S. I really loved how they scripted that mock trial - on one level it was about saving Harvey and asking all the hard questions that Tanner would undoubtedly ask. On another level, each character had a hidden agenda, a thread in their questions and answers that ran deeper than the surface. Each history was picked at, each incident was remembered and coloured the trial. 
Edited by psawyer - 11 years ago
Nymeria thumbnail
@Sherlock-watson shippers--- Ughhh tell me about that, Anu! it is ridiculous! People do that with every freaking characters these days. I've seen a lot of that with Merlin-Arthur as well. It is so annoying at times. What's the point of hooking them up like that?Freaking weirdos!

@Anu-- how far along are you? I want to catch up with you so we can watch it simultaneously. πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Nymeria - 11 years ago
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AreYaar

@Fatty: LOLLL areyyy I forgot that's your background too! haha no wonder this show intrigued you! LOL...I mean the generally slimy reputations that lawyers have...no conscience, cut-throat types...

Nah, the show is actually far from reality πŸ˜† 

My favourite bit from the pilot is:

Mike: "I paid $500 dollars!"
Harvey: "For how many suits?!"
Mike: "...5...?"
Harvey: facepalm 

πŸ˜†

That's a $100 for each suits πŸ˜†...pretty bad even by standards of high school kids going to prom πŸ˜† Oh, Mike. I love his naivety. 

Originally posted by: AreYaar

I LOVED the opening scene in the car showroom and the reason Harvey gives for giving that old man the car...lol...and yes poor Mike huffing and puffing his way over on the bike and he's just never in time...bechara...haha...and yeah in the pilot the FACE that Harvey makes when he finds out Mike rides a bike to work and is checking the LOCK on the bike parked in front of the office buildingπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

There's a gif on Tumblr for everything! I love it.
AreYaar thumbnail
Vas/Fatty: FINE...I'll stop reading and go WATCH thenπŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: Nymeria

@Anu-- how far along are you? I want to catch up with you so we can watch it simultaneously. πŸ˜ƒ

I'm on epi 3...about halfway through...not that  much to catch up on for you given this isn't Sherlock with it's SUPER LONG epis...it almost feels ODD now to watch an epi JUST 40 minutes long...something feels missingπŸ˜†
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Anu, lol. I'm rewatching ep 3 now too, if it helps πŸ˜†
Nymeria thumbnail
lol Sherlock was awesome but the episodes were SUPER LONG. But i loved that series.
I saw a couple of episodes of The Newsroom when it premiered but haven't had the time to catch up on the rest. I might finish that after I'm done with Suits and before Merlin season 5 starts.