Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: psawyer

@bold - very true. In fact, I never thought of it that way. I always thought that Jessica knew all about Harvey. In some ways, she does - she knew about his attachment to his father; knew about Donna, and about the DA. But these are things that I think Harvey was willing to share with her, and vice versa for him. 

It's like how most people have a work 'family' - a 'husband', a 'mother' etc. You know SO much about these people in the working sphere, and bits and pieces of their personal lives. You have a kind of history together, where you've come up through the trenches. But ultimately, when it comes down to it, you know very little about them outside of work.

With someone like Harvey, whose life is work, it's even more interesting that he stays so closed up and maintains such a facade. Nobody knows him, really. Donna probably knows him better than anyone (but then that's because she listens in on his convos ðŸ˜†), but even with her there are areas that she cannot cross. 

As for where Jessica & Harvey met - yes, I want to know too. If she found him worthy enough not only to mentor him but to put him through law school and basically foster him...where did they meet and what on earth did she see in him? Maybe he was part of one of her pro bono cases? She seems so strict about doing pro bono...

P.S. I really loved how they scripted that mock trial - on one level it was about saving Harvey and asking all the hard questions that Tanner would undoubtedly ask. On another level, each character had a hidden agenda, a thread in their questions and answers that ran deeper than the surface. Each history was picked at, each incident was remembered and coloured the trial. 

Word @ bold! That's exactly it, isn't it...history, and working up the trenches...you know, I think Jessica and Harvey bond as well on another level because they recognize how hard it is/was for both of them to get where they are now...Jessica being the 'black woman' with her name on the door in Manhattan...and Harvey a screw up...maybe that's where they come to mutually care so much about each other, watch out for each other, have that loyalty, and underlying it all, have a very basic respect...unsaid (sometimes said 😆) appreciation for each other too. 

@blue: Harvey must have shown her some of his bravado 😆 Pulled off some 'playing the man' shtick while she was watching 😆 Talking of pro bono and Jessica...it's an interesting contrast...there's two possibilities, the more surface level one being of course that she cares about the 'image' of the firm, their reputation, and we know this is a woman who'll do anything for it, so she's strict in seeing a follow through on pro bono cases. The other of course harking back to the point about roots...Jessica's roots and where she's made it too...maybe she feels doing something like this is a tie back to the community, to doing something for people so that they may have a chance at something good in life too. 

And the mock trial...couldn't agree more with you on that. It was my favourite episode of the entire show besides the last two episodes of Season 1. Perfectly done.
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: kabeeraspeaking

@blue: Harvey must have shown her some of his bravado 😆 Pulled off some 'playing the man' shtick while she was watching 😆 Talking of pro bono and Jessica...it's an interesting contrast...there's two possibilities, the more surface level one being of course that she cares about the 'image' of the firm, their reputation, and we know this is a woman who'll do anything for it, so she's strict in seeing a follow through on pro bono cases. The other of course harking back to the point about roots...Jessica's roots and where she's made it too...maybe she feels doing something like this is a tie back to the community, to doing something for people so that they may have a chance at something good in life too. 

You're right about that roots thing. Remember that ep with that lady who was building houses for the poor? She was one of Jessica's friends, and a proper example of 'the little guy' being downtrodden by the corporates. Jessica's concern for her was genuine, and it wasn't just about winning. 

What Jessica said about being 'the black woman' with her name on the door...it was definitely a struggle for her. She came up from the bottom, sometimes being given a helping hand (Daniel), sometimes pushing people out of the way (the woman she was at college with who was going for the same job). 

All of this means that while she has to toe the line in many ways - keeping money coming into the firm - she shows her softness elsewhere. She keeps Harvey on because of their past, whatever it may be - despite the fact that at times he's done things that would have him fired anywhere else. She appreciates & respects Donna (even though she fired her) because of her loyalty to Harvey, and, consequently, to the firm. In fact, that's it - Jessica values loyalty. Harvey's to Mike, Donna's to Harvey, Harvey's to her, and her own to Daniel. When loyalty wavers, it hurts her. But when you are loyal to her, she will fight for you until the end. 

You're right about that roots thing. Remember that ep with that lady who was building houses for the poor? She was one of Jessica's friends, and a proper example of 'the little guy' being downtrodden by the corporates. Jessica's concern for her was genuine, and it wasn't just about winning.

Oh yeah! Remember that other friend of Jessica's too...the one who was embezzling from the firm by making shell companies...I liked seeing Ella Follman too...Jessica's interaction with her acquaintances, colleagues, it's all very interesting...especially more so because of the same idea that we don't know much about these characters personally...and the more you see them interact with different people, the more of them comes out into the open. 

So Vas, while we wait for the next episode to air...tell, what is your favourite characters line up 😆 Me:

Harvey
Louis/Jessica
Mike/Donna
That creepy lady with the dolls and tea parties that Mike goes to meet in S1 😆
AreYaar thumbnail
I finally figured out who Louis reminds me of...The Grinch!😆...those giant teeth of his each time he grins...TOTALLY grinch-like! haha

Originally posted by: AreYaar

I finally figured out who Louis reminds me of...The Grinch!😆...those giant teeth of his each time he grins...TOTALLY grinch-like! haha

He's very Grinch-like in his ability and efforts to suck away any joy from Pearson Hardman and it's employees too 😆 I realized only recently that Rick Hoffman has gained weight this season...now that I look back, he seems meaner in the pilot of S1 than I remember 😆

Sharing something cute with everyone...this is back around the earlier part of S2...you can see PJA there, and then Sarah and Gina with their kids (aw!)...Gabriel's daughter is on the stairs too. Sweet cast they are, hm!

Edited by kabeeraspeaking - 11 years ago
psawyer thumbnail

Originally posted by: kabeeraspeaking

Oh yeah! Remember that other friend of Jessica's too...the one who was embezzling from the firm by making shell companies...I liked seeing Ella Follman too...Jessica's interaction with her acquaintances, colleagues, it's all very interesting...especially more so because of the same idea that we don't know much about these characters personally...and the more you see them interact with different people, the more of them comes out into the open. 

So Vas, while we wait for the next episode to air...tell, what is your favourite characters line up 😆 Me:

Harvey
Louis/Jessica
Mike/Donna
That creepy lady with the dolls and tea parties that Mike goes to meet in S1 😆

@bold - so true! Like every time Harvey/Donna talk, they say something that makes us go whaaa??? ðŸ˜† a snippet of history that we know nothing about, but are desperate for. I love shows like that  - where not everything is out in the open and obvious. 

Lol, who comes in between Mike/Donna and that creepy doll lady? ðŸ˜†

My faves:

- Harvey
- Donna/Jessica
- Mike/Louis
- Rachel
-
-
-
-Zoe
- Scotty (that lawyer friend of Harvey's ðŸ˜†)

psawyer thumbnail

He's very Grinch-like in his ability and efforts to suck away any joy from Pearson Hardman and it's employees too 😆 I realized only recently that Rick Hoffman has gained weight this season...now that I look back, he seems meaner in the pilot of S1 than I remember 😆

YES! Looking back, he was meaner and leaner. But I like that they mellowed him out in many ways ðŸ˜†

That pic is adorable ðŸ˜³ I love that Sarah & Gabriel have been friends for so long...it really adds something to their chemistry onscreen. 

Lol, who comes in between Mike/Donna and that creepy doll lady? ðŸ˜† No one, I am indifferent to Rachel, mostly to Jenny, and largely dislike Trevor so they're not allowed to be on my like list 😆 Didn't like Zoe either! Found myself mostly indifferent to her. 

My faves:

- Harvey
- Donna/Jessica
- Mike/Louis
- Rachel
-
-
-
-Zoe
- Scotty (that lawyer friend of Harvey's ðŸ˜†) Ahhh, I forgot about Scotty! Yes, she was bearable, good. For the longest time while watching Mad Men I kept on thinking where I'd seen that actress before and voila, it was le Suits! Kinda odd where the two worlds met in my head. Of all of Harvey's fleeting 'love interests' so far on the show, I've found her relatively as the best (for the lack of a better word?) so far...

Yesss...I love mellow Louis 😆 Got the best writing and elaboration of character in season two. Because of him/Jessica/Donna getting so much more this year, Mike had to take the back seat...and I hope that in the winter six, they'll work on getting his character back up to speed and on par with the rest.
AreYaar thumbnail
Finished epi 3! Awww@ the fist bump...LOLLL@ Mike trying to be like Harvey...copy his hairstyle, style of talking...hahaha...the whole "You just don't get it" bit.

Liked the way the entire deal was done in the end...Harvey and the random epiphanies he gets from whatever other ppl say to him...lolll...smoothly done in the end...nice epi overall...liked that Jessica-Harvey bit too...it's interesting how ppl are pulling strings on every level...Jessica basically just threw both Louis and Harvey into the ring there and waited to see who won cuz either ways she gets a profit for the firm...

And Harvey being Harvey has to do things his way...to win or for whatever other reason he claims...haha

Ok this Trevor-Emily or whatever her name is side story is kinda blahh.

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Finished epi 3! Awww@ the fist bump...

Ok this Trevor-Emily or whatever her name is side story is kinda blahh.

Jennny, Anu, Jennny :rolls:

The fist bump...growth, huh! Harvey slowly evolving into being somewhat of a human being 😆