Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RickyBahl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: ixray

i would not put too much faith in the trp chart as it only measures opinion of a few. 

for all we know the meters might be placed in places where oonly the older generation of women watch the show. and these women most of the time would rather watch over the top drama and torture than something that is relatable.
link for article on trp manipulation allegation .

http://scrutinybykhimaanshu.blogspot.in/2012/08/ndtv-says-tv-ratings-manipulated.html

Iam myself a researcher and even i have raised questions about TAM..But that doesnt mean i deny its importance beacuse my fav show is not scoring well. 
NDTV case is diffrent. GEC ratings are for general entertainment channels while News channels are rated on separate accounts. Let me tell you when NDTV was at top another news channel cried FOUL. so this things happen. its case of  grapes are sour.
The METERS are placed at random houses mostlt joint families where there is a cross section of all people. Tv serials are for all despite old or young. 
And when the TRP of IPK in feb was 3.7 can u deny that TRP audence??? Who made it top then?? It was the same people with same meter boxes
and moreover TRP audience is not liking, a huge section of Online viewers are upset..

and what more evidence is required to clarify that the track isnt working for many due to inconsistencies
OnepoundChic thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
they tried to show some thing different,different redemption according to asr's character,i guess audience cant digest some thing  different,though i still strongly feel that guilt part was/is necessry! but this wek ipk deserved higher trp than saas bahu craps,!
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: AyeReKhushi

Lovely post dear. TRPs are the only way to get these CVs to react...as they did when they dropped the DKS storyline...otherwise we can go on and on demanding them to give us a proper redemption track or a track where Khushi is dignified, not a doormat...but they won't listen to us. As I said, it is a shame that they are wasting the best track of the show...Arnav and Khushi's love track...with such mediocrity...this jodi's love track should easily be able to bring in more than 2.5 TRPs...if the writers had gone about it the right way.

Every week there is an excuse...wasn't there a promo for raksha bandhan...how come the ratings were still 2.5 for Thursday? I think its time we open our eyes...a promo alone can't save a show if the story itself is half-baked and inconsistent.

That wasn't a proper IPK promo. It was just Arnav and Anjali wishing the viewers. 

Safi123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: incandescent

That wasn't a proper IPK promo. It was just Arnav and Anjali wishing the viewers. 

arnav and anjali promo was aired in the UK only not in india!
Krishma042 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
There was no promo for raksha bandhan.. there had been no new promo in the last 3 weeks i think..
And Balh trps were actually dropping before the leap..and then the leap came and there was a sudden rise in the trps!
Yes content does matter but promotion matters as well..Remember how much ehmmbh promoted the hairfall thing and how much the trps rose? That was a good storyline..but without promotion i don't think the impact would have been that much..
arisai thumbnail
I think my family represents the whole situation pretty well.

My parents watched until they realised there was going to be no real redemption or apology. My dad's exact words were "Is he even a man? What is he DOING?" and so now they've actually deleted Iss Pyaar from Sky+. They don't even care about it enough to catch up and they don't ask me about what's happening either. They heard 'raksha bandhan' and were like "Okay, that's enough. I don't care."

They only watch Pyaar Ka Dard now.

On the complete opposite end of the scale is my brother who would normally never watch a show like this, but from the Farak Padta Hai track through to the Terrace Hug (i.e. when the show truly was on top of the charts)... he would sometimes come in and sit in on a few episodes with us. e.g. Teri Meri etc. He stopped watching when the rona dhona started... but my point is this:

There are things that work and things that don't. I don't know why the people behind the show INSIST on persisting with things that OBVIOUSLY don't when there are so many things which WOULD work and would've allowed TRPs to SOAR at this time... It's a total situation of you can lead the horse to water, but you certainly can't force it to drink.
Little_cupcakes thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail + 6
if we  want balh track then ask the cv's  to make kushi divorse asr and let him marry kushi's sister..oh wait payaal is already married...now what to do?
OnepoundChic thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: aishu30

if we  want balh track then ask the cv's  to make kushi divorse asr and let him marry kushi's sister..oh wait payaal is already married...now what to do?

lol
RickyBahl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
As i said Truth cant be subdued no excuses can deride that TRACK is not being loved.

Now instead of Redemption.
Arnav sudden move of just defending but not confessing to  family yet
Khushi wooing arnav

These two factors  although have huge potential but lack of REDEMPTION has spoiled all.

What will people watch in PROMO??If nothing extra and better thing to show only. a promo doesnt run a show. A show is run by its content which comes for 20 mins daily. Or lese all shows lacking behind wud start making promos and no story. Faithful audience loving storyline will watch anyway without promo. And Sadly IPK promos have never done wonders.
AmazingAmy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: incandescent

Ah my mistake, I thought there was a promo. 
Regardless...I think there is no use of a promo if the content in the show is missing...people might tune in for a couple of episodes after seeing a promo but if the story doesn't grip them, they will tune out again. As of now, a lot of people find the story half-baked and not very interesting...to hold onto your audience, more important than a promo is a consistent story. We can't just keep using "no promos" as an excuse for the declining ratings.