Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MentalExotica thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Rockerchic

I guess there's also the point that most of us here don't really have people to talk about IPK around the water cooler. Even within India it's not really cool to say I watch a Hindi soap. I get why people come here. I don't get why they go over the top.

Spending time on the internet is more or less a way of life now. Writing blogs and being crative is a really good way to balance out the short comings of real life. And here we do express our creative thoughts, the only difference is that it's through IPK. I would assume it's a norm in most metropolitan cities.

@MEji- In think thats a T-Shirt tag line in the making - Be Nonasi, Avoid Crazy. I think it has a nice ring to it, what say?
Also I would be heartbroken if MentalExotica wasn't in my comment list. Muje farak padtha hai, damn it!

I openly admit to watching ONE hindi soap to my friends and I get thrashed for it, imagine ME having to fight real life bashers πŸ˜†

I like that Tshirt tag.. Be Nonasi, Avoid Crazy!! Kudos.

Kyon farak padta hai? Kyonki baat aapki hai farak padta hai... samjhi tum...
Edited by MentalExotica - 11 years ago
Rockerchic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MentalExotica

I openy admit to watching ONE hindi soap to my friends and I get thrashed for it, imagine ME having to fight real life bashersπŸ˜†

My roomie is convinced I'm part of some online cult ready to take over the world, sadly that's not far from the truth!

Hai Devi maiyaa, such an emotional dialogue. Muje dhak dhak ho rahi hai. I reckon we need a nonasi fan club just to reinforce our crazy. πŸ˜†
MentalExotica thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Rockerchic

My roomie is convinced I'm part of some online cult ready to take over the world, sadly that's not far from the truth!

Hai Devi maiyaa, such an emotional dialogue. Muje dhak dhak ho rahi hai. I reckon we need a nonasi fan club just to reinforce our crazy. πŸ˜†

My brother thinks I am into online dating πŸ€£
He explained how it's really not cool and I might need a therapist πŸ˜†
asha... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

My brother thinks I am into online dating πŸ€£
He explained how it's really not cool and I might need a therapist πŸ˜†

Can I jump in here...My brother actually found out im part of a forum, and is now talking in twisting words, telling me i'm old enough to make the right decsions and he's not going to stop me... #WTH... πŸ˜† 
nonasi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I openly admit to watching ONE hindi soap to my friends and I get thrashed for it, imagine ME having to fight real life bashers πŸ˜†

@ bold: Lol, I'd love to see you go all Taekwondo on their arses! 

@ RC: It is definitely more common and accepted to have an online/virtual life now...but there is still quite a bit of stigma attached to it.

My random story: I've been threatened that the dulha search is on! πŸ˜²

Rabba-Ve-Delena thumbnail
I manipulated all my friends into watching IPKKND because I was getting fed-up of having no one to speak to about it, so far I have 4 checked. Does that make me a fanatic?πŸ˜†

Fan becomes a fanatic when their life revolves around IPKKND, every minute of every conversation comes back down to IPKKND, obsession with the characters but more importantly the actors who are simply working to pay bills and live life oblivious to the frenzy and hysteria they have around them which takes into account of their minutest moves, is crazy ready to defend and also thrash those who mildly criticise. That is a fanatic.

Fan is a debatable concept, I think everyone is "fan" of their own kind, I know for one I'm a deeply curious person from a young age, I ask questions and I make sure I get answers, being part of the internet age just fuels that. When I like something, be it a classic piece of literature or an Indian soap  I will google it, yahoo it just to read spoilers, find interviews, find out more about what inspired it. I've only watched 2 Indian soaps properly, there is a stigma but when your Mother enjoys them they will sneak into your life somehowπŸ˜† when I was young I liked this show and somehow found myself on IF, long time back but I have to say, this is a personal opinion, but the problem with daily soaps is the fact that they're daily and that in time erodes the initial freshness of the concept and sadly the actual characters which attracted me to the show in the first place or it just, plain and simple gets boring. It's happened before with that other show and it might be happening with this one.

Yet the thing about IF is, there are some funny, crazy, creative and witty people here and somehow attachment to them is more interesting than the show. Hence, my crazy amount of posts < ..But I'm naturally a talkative person and that transfers virtually so I credit nonasi for holding out so long. I logged onto IF after about 4 years in December and I didn't last a monthπŸ˜† of being silent.

I think that essentially is the difference, fanatics live, breathe and talk the show or the actors, pretty much is idol worship. A fan watches the show and is done... We however watch the show and find ourselves here also gorging the reaction of people who have similar tastes to us and we like. But IF is like FB, twitter quit it when you have real stuff to deal with like exams, jobs heck I've seen people rearrange wedding ceremonies for IPKπŸ˜†
nonasi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rabba-Ve-Delena

I manipulated all my friends into watching IPKKND because I was getting fed-up of having no one to speak to about it, so far I have 4 checked. Does that make me a fanatic?πŸ˜†

Fan becomes a fanatic when their life revolves around IPKKND, every minute of every conversation comes back down to IPKKND, obsession with the characters but more importantly the actors who are simply working to pay bills and live life oblivious to the frenzy and hysteria they have around them which takes into account of their minutest moves, is crazy ready to defend and also thrash those who mildly criticise. That is a fanatic.

Fan is a debatable concept, I think everyone is "fan" of their own kind, I know for one I'm a deeply curious person from a young age, I ask questions and I make sure I get answers, being part of the internet age just fuels that. When I like something, be it a classic piece of literature or an Indian soap  I will google it, yahoo it just to read spoilers, find interviews, find out more about what inspired it. I've only watched 2 Indian soaps properly, there is a stigma but when your Mother enjoys them they will sneak into your life somehowπŸ˜† when I was young I liked this show and somehow found myself on IF, long time back but I have to say, this is a personal opinion, but the problem with daily soaps is the fact that they're daily and that in time erodes the initial freshness of the concept and sadly the actual characters which attracted me to the show in the first place or it just, plain and simple gets boring. It's happened before with that other show and it might be happening with this one.

Yet the thing about IF is, there are some funny, crazy, creative and witty people here and somehow attachment to them is more interesting than the show. Hence, my crazy amount of posts < ..But I'm naturally a talkative person and that transfers virtually so I credit nonasi for holding out so long. I logged onto IF after about 4 years in December and I didn't last a monthπŸ˜† of being silent.

I think that essentially is the difference, fanatics live, breathe and talk the show or the actors, pretty much is idol worship. A fan watches the show and is done... We however watch the show and find ourselves here also gorging the reaction of people who have similar tastes to us and we like. But IF is like FB, twitter quit it when you have real stuff to deal with like exams, jobs heck I've seen people rearrange wedding ceremonies for IPKπŸ˜†

Completely agree. πŸ˜Š

@ blue: Omg, it's so true! And to think, I used to loathe Indian soaps with a passion. 

Rabba-Ve-Delena thumbnail

Originally posted by: nonasi

Completely agree. πŸ˜Š

@ blue: Omg, it's so true! And to think, I used to loathe Indian soaps with a passion. 

I know right Nosh! (Apologies, can I call you so?)
I think I still do, I mean yes there are no more neck flicks, various zooming in moments but the Lamp and Wick show gives me a headache even when I catch 2 second snippets of it.
IPKKND is it's own flavour though today it was unrecognisable for a moment with the saas-bahu dramaπŸ˜†
rima thumbnail
it's a thin line people cross often. for example people ask me do you hate barun when i criticize asr. why wud i hate barun. i adore him. so you see for some the differentiation is hard to make and because of some it is made generic
nonasi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rabba-Ve-Delena

I know right Nosh! (Apologies, can I call you so?)
I think I still do, I mean yes there are no more neck flicks, various zooming in moments but the Lamp and Wick show gives me a headache even when I catch 2 second snippets of it.
IPKKND is it's own flavour though today it was unrecognisable for a moment with the saas-bahu dramaπŸ˜†

Oh GOD, the zooming and shot of everyone's reactions I used to get headaches from it.

I don't even bother with other shows...I'll maybe watch an episode here or there because of the mother unit, but I can't handle the bakwaas; even in the sister show, mujhe kuch hota hai when I feel like they're showing the perfect man exists. 😳 (I have a special distaste for the Munna show.) Iss Pyaar is the only one I can handle, which is why it's upsetting to see saas-bahu elements try to sneak their way into it. 

Last post of the day... πŸ˜­ (And Nosh is fine πŸ˜Š)