Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Telly.Addict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

@Jyo: I loved your reasoning that it is time for Bua to go! And I completely agree with you there. They have taken her character to a limit and there is no way that Yash will not now find out about her involvement in this situation so I feel that even if she is physically present in the house, she may be ordered to stay away from the kids. This issue is probably going to be huge enough to reach the ears of SP and he is going to be furious at the idea of her trying to separate Aarti and Yash when they are inching ever closer to producing his coveted pota. SP is fiercely protective of his family, mostly in a calculative sense, but still that figures most of the time and not only Yash but he will be furious. Unlike the time Gaya locked Ansh up, Bua cannot defend herself by saying she did it for the kids' good, because she has made the mistake of divulging every last detail of her diabolical plan to Palak who has promised never to hide anything from Yash... She is definitely in for it.

@Aparna: Nice break down of Palak, and I think the stage fright can easily be worked in as well. She is afraid of failure, for one thing, and also has terrible relationships if any, with her peers, who will form her audience. Because she sees Yash as vulnerable and feels the need to protect him she takes a lot of responsibility on herself and tries to shield him from her failures. This is why she lied about not being selected for the race, by saying her clothes would get dirty if she ran it, and hid her poor test scores. Debate and being on stage is a place where you present yourself live, in front of people. If she makes a mistake she has no way of covering it up, because there are so many witnesses so she is petrified of starting in the first place. Palak does not like to be vulnerable and exposed and public speaking is just that.

Secondly, like you said, she is a bully because she is an insecure kid with a lot of guilt and self doubt over her mother's death and her dad's subsequent withdrawal and has been taught by Bua and Gayatri that she has to put other people down to feel good about herself. She has no confidence that she can maintain her one-up on the other kids purely based on her own merit, so she avoids situations that make her vulnerable in front of them. We saw what an effort it was for her to even stand up and invite them to her birthday party. So I think it is her fear of failure, the vulnerable position that public speaking places her in, and her fear of being judged as weak by her peers that compounds in her stage fright.

Samana,

The last paragraph. . Palak is a bully for all the reasons you've given, but also the relations she's watched all her life have shown her that. SP bullys G3, Boa bullys G3 and dils, G3 bullys dils, ... This is what she's grown up seeing. Its kind of hardwired into her psyche that to get anywhere, anything, the bully gets it. Its unconscious to her, and as she's grown up with G3 and Boa in charge of her, she's just following what she's  seen, working on and by adults.

It'll take a long time for get to forget and get  
 this out of her head, poor kid.

S
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
CVs hv been using Rain as almost like a character in the show ...

AarYa's first proper confrontation in rain

Arpita's death in rain

Yash almost lost his life because of rain and floods but Aarti saves him

Palak gets her first debate speech theme as rain

And now Chandni type sequence where Yash is stuck in middle of his past and present ..he lost his wife in rain in his past but his present wife is getting all the happiness playing with that same rain

So many emotions attached to one season "Rain" 😳😳😳
jyoti06 thumbnail
SBS Youtube video

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PknL00rKNH4&feature=g-all-u[/YOUTUBE]
redeye2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

@Zetter: Thanks! It is time to toss off the oldies and bring Prateek-Pardhi track. It is getting to be spicy!

@Indu:  As far as I can remember even Elocution competitions were for middle and high school, at least in my time. I can't recall any such thing in 1st and 2nd standard. The first time I spoke in front of the school assembly was in my 6th standard and I gave a speech about butterflies and its metamorphosis (!!!???). Don't ask!  

@Sam: More than taking the character to depths for a reason, I think what they are really doing is showing us viewers, Bua's character in full glory. While earlier we only got glimpses, we always had a keen awareness that there was much more going on that we were not witnessing first-hand.  But the real issue is that by taking Bua along a path where we see nothing but her caustic tongue to the new bahus (note how careful she is with Vidhi though- the next in line after G3 in the succession plan, who she needs to keep on good terms for her basic survival) and a personal vendetta against Aarti, they have made Bua one-dimensional. While we understand the source - her own widowhood and her brother's role in her current misery, it is much more than that.  I think she has always considered herself a cut above the rest (even among the Scindias), when it came to smartness, cleverness, and cunningness. And to be vanquished in her goals repeatedly by an adversary who is lower than her in social status is indigestible and I think she's trying to restore her own self-image.  Even if Paridhi, were to somehow outwit her, I'm sure she'd try to get back at her as well, finding some justification.  She's just that sort of person. She doesn't seem to have a good or fond relationship with any of the Scindias and they in turn just tolerate her. She got hold of the kids just because there was no one else available. She doesn't care about Payal anymore. So, unlike many, I don't feel that we have seen the last of her. If there is an 'end', it is only temporary.  At best, Yash may give one of his bhashans to Bua and at worst he may go to SP who will send her away on another Yatra, after reinforcing her feelings of vengeance. She will return. And with a new strategy.  

Shobha has a one-point agenda. Self-centered, she may be, but the underlying emotion that comes across to me in waves is FEAR.  In her Twilight Zone moments, she may have carried out the antim sanskar of her son, the idea of which Aarti may have latched on to for her own survival, but there's a rational part of Shobha that knows it is all flapdoodle. She fears her son's words and threats and she knows that she has antagonized Prashant in the worst possible way.   Ever since that moment, her fear of the lie's revelation has doubled it appears.  And hence her worries are all centered on the Yash-Aarti relationship to the exclusion of everything else.  According to her theory, the sooner Aarti gets Yash 'in her pocket' or 'under her pallu' in this case, the better it would be for Aarti to weather the storm that Shobha has let loose and which she expects will definitely arrive sooner or later.   And the physical manifestation is an additional layer of protection for Aarti, if not on emotional terms, at least on legal terms.  An unconsummated marriage has higher chances of annulment/divorce than a consummated one.  Even Yash's personal feelings on this matter are of no importance to Shobha. If she worried about Aarti's antics during Palak's birthday, it was less about Yash's hurt feelings per se, but more about what Yash's hurt feelings would do to the progress of Yash-Aarti relationship.

In addition to the obvious satisfaction from the success of the venture, the consequences of failure are more fearsome. If Yash-Aarti relationship does not progress, she will have to justify, if not to everyone else (including Aarti), at least to herself, each and every action she has taken from the moment the BIG lie came out of Dubey's mouth, to perpetuate it, contrary to her own sense of righteousness. Further, she had proclaimed to the world as well about how she's going to settle Aarti in a successful marriage.  Shobha has already lived with so much regret and shame at her son's desertion of Aarti, which she was not involved (may be indirectly in parenting), such that she has sacrificed her son (unlike the average mother) and switched allegiance to Aarti.  Will she be able to survive the failure of Aarti's punar vivah which she herself has brought about and had a direct hand every step of the way?

@Jyo: I wanted Aarti to interrupt the private talk that Bua was having with Palak where they panned the camera back and forth. She doesn't need to be rude and disrespectful. She could simply distract Bua and divert Palak with the roshogollas' 

Edited by redeye2012 - 11 years ago
Pearl_27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I think in the mute scenes in that SBS video he just said "if you are done playing,then please close the window "

@Jyo Thanks for the update and video.
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Sungum: I don't think we disagree about why Palak is the way she is. Because she didn't have a primary care giver, who was constantly with her, her major influences became Gayatri and Bua, and because she was vulnerable in the first place, she learned to adopt their nefarious tactics for survival. If Arpita had been alive and Yash had been happy, if not totally involved, she probably would have been once removed from Gayatri and Bua's negative influences.

@Red: Wow! I think that is the longest post I have ever seen from you and it was worth every word. When I say the end of Bua, I too did not mean to imply that she would be gone forever, only that her role would be reduced for some time while Aarti and Yash remained vigilant about her and she thought up a new plan. I love your assessment of her fighting for her self worth because she is being bested by Aarti whom she considers so thoroughly beneath her. It is an interesting paradox, that perhaps she carries the Scindia family pride like SP does, but is also working night and day towards his ruin. In any case, the idea that this signals some sort of 'end' for Bua is as much wishful thinking as it is logical prediction.

As for Shobha, you have her down completely. She is trying to nullify all her own inconsistencies by hastening the coveted result that will validate them all; Yash and Aarti falling in love and being blissfully happy with one another. If she makes Aarti happy, she erases the shame of Prashant's betrayal and if she makes Yash happy, she erases moral dubiousness of the big lie: win-win for Shobha!
Pearl_27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jyoti06

CVs hv been using Rain as almost like a character in the show ...

AarYa's first proper confrontation in rain
 Arpita's death in rain
 Yash almost lost his life because of rain and floods but Aarti saves him
 Palak gets her first debate speech theme as rain
 And now Chandni type sequence where Yash is stuck in middle of his past and present ..he lost his wife in rain in his past but his present wife is getting all the happiness playing with that same rain
 So many emotions attached to one season "Rain" 😳😳😳

Yash and Arpita's engagement also happened in Rain.I find it strange though🤔
Edited by pearlnarang - 11 years ago
Pearl_27 thumbnail
@Jyo Superb Actions reactions🤣☺️.Aarthi gave warning to Arpita😲
jyoti06 thumbnail
@Redeye : There is one interesting difference u mentioned in Shobha and Bua .. both were irritating yesterday but Shobha has an agenda .. she has to prove a point in future that her assessment of AarYa relationship becoming sucessful from all ends was not wrong and thats why she is in a hurry for AarYa to consummate I guess 😆😆...Whereas Bua has no real agenda in this case because even if she gets success in breaking AarYa relationship , she wont achieve anything out of it other than few days of sadistic pleasure  ...Bua comes out looking plain frustrated with no real variations in her character ,..

Thats why yesterday in few of my posts I was talikng about how Bua's character needs some variations and spice .. mayb team her with Paridi and she might find her interest in something related to showbiz and all .. she can remain evil but some spice in her character will b interesting to watch .. as bizzare as it might sound , but I m so keen to see the bua portrayed in Angel's comics , that cosmo woman type  to happen in serial too 😆😆
jyoti06 thumbnail
Punar VivaahPalak and Ansh are participating in the competition together. Do you think it's the best way to increase their bonding?