Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SudhaSangeet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Yes yes, atleast Savita puts her head down in shame in respond to what she did evil with soham...👏
I have courtesy to appreciate people accepting their fault ...
Kalapi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Varsha and Niran,

I believe at the end what happened to Soham was an accident, because I don't think either Varsha planned to jump into the water, nor Manav and Archu wanted anything bad to happened to their kid. But the question is, whether this accident could have been avoidable. I think it could have been, if adequate actions were taken on the part of Archu. Instead of trusting Varsha blindly, she could have taken the action of keeping Soham safely away from her and if for any reasons Varsha was near Soham, keeping a keen eye on the both. This is what happens in real world. Parents take adequate actions to protect their kids from harm.

Now what I could like to see in the serial. To me a mom losing a child is probably the greatest blow to her. So, even if Manav shows magnanimity and declares Archu doesn't have any faults, she needs to show that she regrets what happened on that fateful day and not declares that she understand what Varsha went through 18 yrs ago. By doing this Archana is belittling what happened to Soham and already finding excuses for the tradegy and the huge lose that follows. Yes, people do move on in life after major tragic events, but donot make excuses or find reasons to justify the events. That is what I find is now happening. Even if Savita wanted to give Soham to Varsha for adoption, I don't think she wanted or even dreamed that Soham could died, so Archu's words in the pre-cap yesterday were meaningless now after the tragedy...since Savita did not force Soham on Varsha that fateful day...my 2 cents...

Edited by Kalapi - 11 years ago
soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Just wanted to clarify as I have not watched that fateful episode when Varsha ran off with the baby.  I am assuming Archana allowed Varsha or gave Soham to Varsha to hold, to carry, temporarily.  Yes, Varsha had a history of mental illness but a sister will not think of how evil her sister is and not dream that Varsha is going to run off with her baby from a crowded party.  In that sense, it was an accident, wasn't it? 
Kalapi thumbnail

Originally posted by: soapwatcher1

Just wanted to clarify as I have not watched that fateful episode when Varsha ran off with the baby.  I am assuming Archana allowed Varsha or gave Soham to Varsha to hold, to carry, temporarily.  Yes, Varsha had a history of mental illness but a sister will not think of how evil her sister is and not dream that Varsha is going to run off with her baby from a crowded party.  In that sense, it was an accident, wasn't it? 

SW1 ... Not when you look at the other incidences that occurred just before the accident, namely Varsha went violent and hit both her MIL and Archu and Vasha also kidnapped Soham before. Isn't these enough of a signal for the mom…for me it could have been, why take unnecessary chances and leave an innocent who can't defend himself with a person with a history of these incidences and mental illness…
bhallarox thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

The thing is Jhanvi that yes maybe Archana did not know Varsha was going to run off with Soham but Manav kept on continuously warning Archana that do not give Soham to Varsha as he knew what Varsha was capable of doing because of her obsession with Soham. And the worst thing is Archana's excuse to Manav of giving Soham to Varsha wad that she can't handle 4 children. It is totally wrong of a mother to say this and Manav kept insisting that he could take care of Soham at the party but Archana just had to prove her point that Varsha is all cured when in reality she wasn't. Savita is not to be blamed for this because at the party she did not have anything to do with this it was only Archana who kept insisting that hey my sister is all 100% cured we can give Soham to her now. But at least now they should show Archana having some remorse and repentance for her actions the day she gave Soham away but no she still thinks she did nothing wrong and thinks to herself what I did was for my sister. She cares more about her sister then even her own son Soham.

To me what Archu did was a very careless mistake I don't even want to call her naive for this she knew what Varsha could do but instead chose to disobey Manav's numerous warnings.
SudhaSangeet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I would aslo like to add if Deshmukhs lost their soham...so did a mom lost her son...her pain was equal to manav...but instead of them supporting each other...archana was punished for varsha's deed...not for one or two but for 18 years and that punishment is still not over.

Tell me honestly do we hold any of our family members responsible for any accident if it occurs...like why dad gave him motorcycle..why ,mom didnt stop him from going to picnic with nerd friends.
one of my friend always tells how his 8 months old bro died by burns...but that was an accident...nobody will hold his mother responsible for this death..or she was irresponsible so she was punished...NEVER...

But the way Archana was accused for handing soham to varsha {not knowing she has not improved from psycho attacks] ...was irreparable...especially by father to a mother...when will a mother do bad for her child.

but no...she was accused of her own child's death...PITY...

Edited by sudha100 - 11 years ago
soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Thanks, Bhalla and Sudha for responding.  I watched the December episodes.  Pity, indeed.  I dislike Varsha more than ever now.  Bhalla, I agree, I am paranoid when it comes to my kids and probably would have kept a watchful eye on Varsha or not let her near my child but then like I posted earlier, I don't have sisters so don't know if you instinctively trust them no matter what. Also, Archana's comment that she can't handle 4 kids at once, moms do make those comments (we don't mean them most of the time 😉).

Sudha is also right, Archu was stupid (pardon the word) and needs to have been raked down for it, and she was, but it was a mistake and an accident, so technically holding Archana responsible for Varsha's evil deed is not kosher.

But I have seen marriages break apart when something happens to a child, my own aunt and uncle had problems when their 7 year old died and the dad took to drinking, their marriage was over though they never officially divorced even though neither blamed the other for the child's death, it was just that one handled it differently than the other. 

Also, know of a Bay area family who was visiting India and they were all sleeping with doors wide open and their 2 year old son disappeared.  To this day, they do not know if the kid wandered off or was kidnapped.  But they are a very happy, united family, they had two daughters after just like ARMAN.
Edited by soapwatcher1 - 11 years ago
Kalapi thumbnail

SW1 and Sudha, well, Soham tragedy could have had either effect on the relationship, as I have said here on this thread before. After losing a child, some couple comes closer some drifts apart. A very famous example probably is Jagjit/Chitra Singh. The couple separated after their son's death and Chitra Singh never sang again (I think that what I have heard). But at least for Arman, Soham tragedy wasn't the sole reason for separation, it might have been the fatal blow. Before this tragedy came Varsha's obsession/kidnapping events and more importantly the court case that Archu brough against Manav. No relationships in real life can withstand so many fatal blow or can absorb so much and still remain strong. All these incidents slowly eroded the very foundation of their relationship. It will be wrong just to identify 1 reason that lead to a separation. In reality also couple don't separate due to I reason, the foundation breaks up over time and one day they realizes that they just can't take it anymore or tolerate each other. Break ups happen over time and over events…

During reading these posts, I remembered that in SJ now showing in Star plus about a mom who knew her son was systematically sexually exploited by her jeeju, but didn't do anything to prevent her own son from harm, because she was afraid that such a revelation will destroy her sister's married life. This boy now has a lifelong scar both physically and mentally. When I watched the episode I was dumbfounded. I don't have a sister myself but have a brother and a bunch of BIL. As a mom, I couldn't have allowed anything to my child even if it meant that in the process I lose a relationship, because at the end this kid was defenseless and innocent totally relying on the parent to safeguard them… Now, this real incident was much more severe in its implication and since it is true, I give up on Mom doing everything in their power for kid's safety….such sad example of mix-up priorities in life….myPOv…

soapwatcher1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kalapi

SW1 and Sudha, well, Soham tragedy could have had either effect on the relationship, as I have said here on this thread before. After losing a child, some couple comes closer some drifts apart. A very famous example probably is Jagjit/Chitra Singh. The couple separated after their son's death and Chitra Singh never sang again (I think that what I have heard). But at least for Arman, Soham tragedy wasn't the sole reason for separation, it might have been the fatal blow. Before this tragedy came Varsha's obsession/kidnapping events and more importantly the court case that Archu brough against Manav. No relationships in real life can withstand so many fatal blow or can absorb so much and still remain strong. All these incidents slowly eroded the very foundation of their relationship. It will be wrong just to identify 1 reason that lead to a separation. In reality also couple don't separate due to I reason, the foundation breaks up over time and one day they realizes that they just can't take it anymore or tolerate each other. Break ups happen over time and over events'

During reading these posts, I remembered that in SJ now showing in Star plus about a mom who knew her son was systematically sexually exploited by her jeeju, but didn't do anything to prevent her own son from harm, because she was afraid that such a revelation will destroy her sister's married life. This boy now has a lifelong scar both physically and mentally. When I watched the episode I was dumbfounded. I don't have a sister myself but have a brother and a bunch of BIL. As a mom, I couldn't have allowed anything to my child even if it meant that in the process I lose a relationship, because at the end this kid was defenseless and innocent totally relying on the parent to safeguard them' Now, this real incident was much more severe in its implication and since it is true, I give up on Mom doing everything in their power for kid's safety'.such sad example of mix-up priorities in life'.myPOv'

Kalapi, true, that most times marriages break over time and not just one single incident unless perhaps that single incident is totally traumatic and the couple cannot weather the storm together.  I did not know that about Jagjit and Chitra Singh. 

Yes, heard about that SJ airing, have not watched it, how awfully tragic.  How could the woman have not done anything?  Poor, poor kid.  But then let alone Jiju, my very good friend at work was routinely abused by her own dad for years and the mom did nothing - from 11 to 17, she hates her dad wtih a passion even though he is dead, she wishes him in the hottest part of the netherworld.  Strangely, she does not blame her mom, says she was weak and overpowered by her dad.  I would move heaven and earth to prevent any such thing happening to my kids and so was at a loss to understand her mother.  My friend said she was under threat by her dad that he would abuse her younger sisters if she complained to anyone.  What a nasty excuse of a human being.  Anyway, I digress but still feel that Archana is an idiot to constantly put other things and people before her marriage and children - happened 18 years ago and is happening now.  But without her foolishness, there would be no story to spin.
Kalapi thumbnail

Kalapi, true, that most times marriages break over time and not just one single incident unless perhaps that single incident is totally traumatic and the couple cannot weather the storm together.  I did not know that about Jagjit and Chitra Singh. 

Yes, heard about that SJ airing, have not watched it, how awfully tragic.  How could the woman have not done anything?  Poor, poor kid.  But then let alone Jiju, my very good friend at work was routinely abused by her own dad for years and the mom did nothing - from 11 to 17, she hates her dad wtih a passion even though he is dead, she wishes him in the hottest part of the netherworld.  Strangely, she does not blame her mom, says she was weak and overpowered by her dad.  I would move heaven and earth to prevent any such thing happening to my kids and so was at a loss to understand her mother.  My friend said she was under threat by her dad that he would abuse her younger sisters if she complained to anyone.  What a nasty excuse of a human being.  Anyway, I digress but still feel that Archana is an idiot to constantly put other things and people before her marriage and children - happened 18 years ago and is happening now.  But without her foolishness, there would be no story to spin.

SW1, so sorry to hear about your friend. Omg, I can't even imagine what these individuals must have gone through. And the moms who just kept quiet, I don't know what to think about them too. We can call them weak and foolish, but they were also supporting a horrendous crime...so sad...

About Archu, yes I guess we can call her Foolishness personified, with the knack to do the wrong thing at the wrong time...when she should speak up, she keeps quite, when should be quite, she speaks...and of course without her there isn't any story😃...

Edited by Kalapi - 11 years ago