Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Kat to play Noor Inayat Khan in Ketan Mehta's Film

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

After making biopics on Sardar Patel and Mangal Pandey, Ketan Mehta, the director of classics such as Mirch Masala and Maya Memsaab (whose last film Rang Rasiya, which depicts the life of the father of calendar-art, Ravi Raja Verma, has been stuck in the cans for nearly two years), has moved on to another biopic entitled Noor. It is the legendary story of Noor Inayat Khan and we have it from very reliable sources that Mehta has zeroed in on Katrina Kaif to play the enigmatic woman's part.

The director says, "Noor was an Indian princess who became a British spy during World War 2. This will be an Indo-British-French production." He is making this film at the end of this year. Mehta has another biopic planned for early next year.

He is going to shoot the story of the Bihari 'Mountain Man', the poor destitute labourer Dashrath Manjhi, who spent 22 years of his life single-handedly digging a road into a mountain with a hammer and chisel after his wife died because the mountain prevented him from taking her to the nearest hospital 70 km away from his village near the town of Gaya.

Inspired by the man's indomitable spirit, Ketan Mehta informs, "I've named it The Mountain Man. I plan to cast a newcomer in the role. So I've two extremely antithetical biopics lined up as soon asRang Rasiya is released."

Mehta is all praise for his onscreen Ravi Raja. "Randeep Hooda reminds me of the young Naseer from my Hero Hiralal. We're not releasing Rang Rasiya as a small film. It's an expensive film. Like the Mountain Man, I am now releasing Rang Rasiya as its sole distributor."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Maya Memsaab was a classic.

πŸ˜†

Kat is the nariyal of Bollywood: Every project starts with phoruing her name.  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
tsk tsk...Wouldn't a Princess named Noor be expected to speak impeccable Urdu?
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
🀣
can she even pronounce the name properly? oh the horror!
This content was originally posted by: koiza.k

🀣

can she even pronounce the name properly? oh the horror!

Yes, she can. If Ketan signs SRK as well.

SRK can coach her with that...  "Khan... from the epiglottis"  πŸ˜† 

Star_on_earth thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: bambogli

Yes, she can. If Ketan signs SRK as well.

SRK can coach her with that...  "Khan... from the epiglottis"  πŸ˜† 

lol but she wouldnt have to repeat her name like srk does in MNIK so that "khan" part shouldnt be a problem.. πŸ˜†

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

πŸ˜†

Kat is the nariyal of Bollywood: Every project starts with phoruing her name.  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I guess its a good luck charm to take her name just like Hindus take Lord Ganesh's name to start something new.
*Aryan* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I'm happy that Katrina is getting good offers, but a biopic would require an actress who looks natural. Katrina's cheeks and lips look like they will explode any minute.

πŸ˜†

🀣