Shibani-Punit AT: Apsara Aali Re Aali

pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Welcome to the appreciation thread of our dazzling jodi of Shibai Dandekar and Puneet Pathak.

However, let us have some ground rules before we proceed with this thread.

1. This is an Appreciation Thread, and so only positive comments regarding the jodi will be allowed.
  2. Constructive criticisms are allowed but absolutely no bashing. If you cannot differentiate between the two, then please do not post here.
  3. Respect the sentiments of others.
  4. Feel free to post any articles, interviews, creations, and anything else regarding the jodi here. I will update the front page accordingly.
  5. If you wish to join the members list, mention that in a post here.

The rules seem simple enough, right? So let's get on with the show!

Member's List:

1. RadhaHiBawari (Me)
  2. 49erFan
  3. quarky
  4. desicrowd
  5. josh135
  6. rumwhiskey
  7. Twinkle_bella
  8. nasco
  9. Pentaminous.
  10. shubhika124
  11. Caskkett
  12. nacima
  13. areeban1
  14. tannipartner
  15. NadzGirl
  16. nainanino
Edited by RadhaHiBawari - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pakhara thumbnail

"Main ek anchor bhi hoon, aur ek talent ka tanker bhi hoon." Those words from Shibani's mouth couldn't have been more true. Really, what can't this Marathi Mulgi do? Having tried her hand at singing, modeling, and anchoring, she is now pursuing dance in her most recent stint on Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, the Indian version of Dancing With The Stars.

She was born to a Marathi speaking family in Pune, Maharashtra on August 27, 1977. She has two younger siblings, Anusha Dandekar and Apeksha Dandekar. She grew up in Australia and moved to NYC in 2001. From very early on, she was drawn to the field of entertainment. Her sisters and she were a part of a music band, D-Major. And soon thereafter, she had the opportunity of hosting three nationally syndicated television shows, Namaste India, the V Desi, and the Asian Variety Show. When she returned to India she has the good fortune of landing a featuring photoshoot in the men's magazine, GQ India and an advertisement alongside Bollywood diva Priyanka Chopra. Shibani's love for anchoring shows saw her as host for major events such as the Maxim Hot 100, Nike, Rolls Royce, Puma, Mercedes, Toyota, Horlicks, HSBC, Spice Mobile, JBL, MTV Coke Studio, Nivea and the Sony Launch of the tribute to Michael Jackson 'This is It'. And upon those, she has also hosted popular shows such as After Hours from Zee Caf, Men 2.0 from AXN, Let's Design from ZoOM, and India's Sexiest Bachelor on Big CBS Prime. Since 2011, she has been co-hosting the show Extraa Innings - T20 on Sony Max Television during the Indian Premier League matches. In 2012, she she won a nomination at the 11th Indian Television Academy Awards in the category Best Anchor Game/Quiz Show.

Jhalak Dikhla Jaa is merely another feather on her cap, and we wish Shibani the best of wishes on her recent venture.

Punit Pathak is a Gujrati Mumbaikar who has blossomed in the dancing arena since his entrance in the dance reality show, Dance India Dance. However, it all didn't start out this way. His parents didn't want him to pursue dance as a career. His father is the president of Maharashtra Textile Traders' Association and expected him to follow suit, says Punit. "But once I cleared the auditions for Dance India Dance and a few episodes were on air, people were complimenting him everywhere and his moustache-ends were bristling with pride." On DID, he was a prized member of Remo Ke Rangeele, the dance group of the famed choreographer and DID judge, Remo D'Souza. He came third in the competition.

Although Punit is a contemporary dancer, he has experimented with classical styles such has bharatanatyam. We commend his work and wish him the best of luck for Jhalak Dikhla Jaa.

pakhara thumbnail

*remember, you can watch some of these in HD. change the playback setting*

June 17, 2012 [2nd Episode]
Song: Apsara Aali
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtApHqMWwVg&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

June 23, 2012 [3rd Episode]
Song: Chand Chupa Badal Mein
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbTfd6X6qDY&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

July 1, 2012 [5th Episode]
Song: Teri Niyat Kharaab Hai
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwcdHgkh03I&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

July 8, 2012 [8th Episode]
Song: Abhi Mujh Mein Kahin

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mEgJ_NPjBrM[/YOUTUBE]

July 15, 2012 [10th Episode]
Song: Main Aayi Hoon UP Bihar Lutane
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiqpSZF2NP4&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

pakhara thumbnail

I'm looking at Bollywood: Shibani Dandekar

Sarah Salvadore, TNN Jun 20, 2011, 06.39pm IST

(Shibani Dandekar )

She's a singer, anchor, dancer and model who is now thinking of taking a shot at Bollywood.

The multi-talented Shibani Dandekar, who had a successful stint as an IPL host this season, was recently in Hyderabad to host the finals of the Celebrity Cricket League, between the Karnataka Bulldozers and the Chennai Rhinos. Fresh from hosting the IPL, the CCL experience too left Shibani impressed. "The level of cricket in both the tournaments is definitely very different. But what I like about the CCL is the passion that the actors bring in to their game, even though they are not professional cricketers. The actors put in their heart and soul into it," says the chirpy anchor.

DID star Punit Pathak on career in dance

Times are a changing and new career vistas and avenues are finding acceptance, finally. "My dad tolerated my dance-music-choreography regime only while I was in college, but when I decided to making a career out of it, he put his foot down," says Punit Pathak, participant of the Lux Dance India Dance programme on Zee TV, in Lucknow on a promotional tour on Tuesday. His father is the president of Maharashtra Textile Traders' Association and expected him to follow suit, says Punit. "But once I cleared the auditions for Dance India Dance and a few episodes were on air, people were complimenting him everywhere and his moustache-ends were bristling with pride," says the nimble-footed performer who has some experience of assisting choreographer Terence, one of the judges on the show. "It was an anti-climax when I went to the team of Remo D'Souza...everyone expected Terence to continue to be my mentor," says Punit, a globe-trotter, who has done stage shows in every continent, but has never been to Uttaranchal from where his mother hails. "I would love to tour Garhwal," he sighs.

"I love to groove to hip-hop most and my idol is Wade Robson, the choreographer of several Britney Spears music videos," shares the dancer who hopes the show would prove to be the stepping stone to the success he dreams of.

"I am a Gujarati settled in Mumbai, but votes coming in from all parts of India, including UP, is heartwarming." Punit joined Dekh Bhai Dekh director Anand Mahendroo in his film, but "unfortunately, the project got shelved. May be, some day I will direct my own film."

... contd.

Singer-host Shibani Dandekar

gets talking about work and her dream man

Published: Wednesday, Jul 6, 2011, 18:39 IST
By Dipannita Ghosh Biswas | Place: Bangalore | Agency: DNA

Shibani Dandekar

She's hot and talented and drew a lot of attention during her recent outing as one of the hosts on Extra Innings during the last cricket season and now, Shibani Dandekar has upped the mercury as host of India's Sexiest Bachelor on BigCBS Prime.

"The last few months have been crazy but I'm not complaining. It feels wonderful to be on the move for work," she states.

Surprisingly, men are the common link for Shibani's work, be it on Extra Innings or her new show, in which entrepreneur Sidhartha Mallya, cricketers Yuvraj Singh, Virat Kohli and actors Ranveer Singh, Ranbir Kapoor, John Abraham, Shahid Kapoor, Abhay Deol, Neil Nitin Mukesh and Saif Ali Khan will be vying for the top spot.

"That's exactly why I love my work," she laughs. Quiz her on her favourites and she replies, "Virat, Yuvraj and Sidhartha are some of my favourites, thanks to the cricket tournament, but I also feel that Ranbir and Ranveer are young and talented actors and fit the bill perfectly."

While she's diplomatically mentioned five of the 10 names, Shibani feels her idea of sexy is very different. "A bank balance never mattered to me but a real and genuine person would. Someone talented, comfortable in his own skin and with a great sense of humour would be sexy according to me," she says.

And no, she hasn't found anyone yet. "What with all my travelling and the benchmark I just mentioned, he's got to be custom-made," she jokes.Shibani, along with sisters, VJ-turned-actor Anusha and Apeksha, had formed a band too.

"It's our first love but we haven't got to perform much as a band in the recent past, thanks to our individual hectic schedules," she says. And while singing is definitely a priority, Shibani loves cricket too.

"I grew up in Australia and like everyone there, I loved the game. Of course, I got to pick up a lot of technicalities as host of Extra Innings this year," she points out. And what about Bollywood? "Why not? I've not planned anything yet but if a good project comes my way then I'm game. And if it's a role that allows me to sing and act, that's a dream come true," she ends.

pakhara thumbnail

Creations by me (RadhaHiBawari)

Creations by Shagun

49erFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
They r my favorite couple, hopefully I'll be able to update here as WELL!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEgJ_NPjBrM&feature=colike[/YOUTUBE]

LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!  

Punit from his DID days!

Edited by 49erFan - 11 years ago
quarky thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
They should go up to the very end. It will be Shibani/Gurmeet (based on how well Shampa improves her choreography), Darsheel and Isha. 

I LOVEEED Punit from DID days and I think Shibani is a fantastic learner and looks absolutely gorgeous!
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I was looking for Shibani's AT... Found everyone's except hers... Thanks for opening this thread.. I think Shibani deserves to be in the top 3... Depending how well she does I can see her winning too...
pakhara thumbnail
thank you for commenting you guys!
would it be safe to assume that you're fans and add you to the list? 😃
49erFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
OH yes, just look  at my siggy and u would know...I love these two!  ðŸ˜³