Vaidehi... Ek Aur Agni Pareeksha

Vaidehi Archive Articles--NO COMMENTS

khoo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

Please Post all Vaidehi Articles in this thread!

NO COMMENTS PLEASE

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khoo thumbnail

Sony begins 10 pm band revamp with 'Vaidehi...'

Indiantelevision.com Team

(1 June 2006 7:00 pm)

MUMBAI: Sony is all set to launch a new show Vaidehi... Ek Aur Agni Pareeksha. Produced by Aroona Irani, the show will be launched on 5 June and will be aired on Mondays at 10 pm.

After revamping their 8 to 9 pm band, Friday line up and their afternoon band with new shows, Sony is now targetting the 10 pm slot. New one hour weeklies will be launched at 10 pm, the first of which is Vaidehi... The channel will be introducing a couple of more shows in the coming days.

After Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi went off the airwaves last month, Sony had introduced a new limited episode show - Khauffnaak in the 10 pm slot.
Vaidehi... is a story of a middle class girl with stars in her eyes and dreams in her heart but who eventually gets caught in an unusual situation.
Sony Entertainment Television (SET) India COO N P Singh said, "After Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi, the 10 pm slot on the channel will have a variety of interesting genres -- drama, real life stories, thriller and detective series, which make for wholesome entertainment. Vaidehi Ek Aur Agni Pareeksha at 10 pm is a show that will find echo in millions of women across the country who spend their life in subjugation and despair. Adding strength and vitality to the story is the suspense, thrill and romance that makes for prime time viewing. Also, working with a successful producer like Aroona Irani, we look forward to an involved audience with Vaidehi..."

"I am glad that Sony Entertainment Television has liked the concept and I hope that Vaidehi... will match up to Sony's expectations. Vaidehi is a story of a girl, her dreams and the reality and also has a social message for viewers. It is all about living life to the fullest and following your own dreams," said Irani.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k6/june/june10.h tm

Edited by khoo - 17 years ago
khoo thumbnail
'Vaidehi' replaces 'Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin' on Sony

Missing Jassi? Still think Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin? Well, Sony has found new ways of weaning Jassi addicts away from the weeknight fix. Two new serials, produced by two of the most reputed software makers, have been roped in to do the needful.
Beginning June 5, every Monday night at 10 p.m., Aroona Irani, who has had massive success with soaps like "Des Main Nikla Hoga Chand" on STAR Plus and "Mehndi Rang Layegi" on Zee, brings to Sony a new woman-oriented melodrama called "Vaidehi".

The other Jassi-replacement, this one for Tuesday nights beginning June 13, is "Man Main Hai Vishwas" produced by veteran software churner Dheeraj Kumar.

According to Sony sources, Aroona hopes to eradicate the slur of a flop show "Rabba Ishq Na Hove" on Zee with "Vaidehi" on the rival channel.

Interestingly, Aroona has moved away from her favourite leading lady Sangeeta Ghosh, who is apparently busy with Ravi Chopra's "Viraasat" to go on STAR Plus in June, to cast Pallavi Kulkarni, the leading lady of STAR's now-defunct "Kehta Hai Dil", in the title role of Vaidehi.

Sachin Sharma, who played Krishna in STAR Plus' "Kahanii Ghar Ghar Ki" will co-star with Pallavi.

"The failure of Aroonaji's last serial has left her shell-shocked. She has had almost cent-percent success on television before "Rabba Ishq Na Hove". She is more determined than ever to bounce back with 'Vaidehi'," a Sony source told IANS.

As for "Man Main Hai Vishwas", actor-turned-TV producer Kumar goes back a long way on the home medium. He has produced successful soaps like "Sansar" and some mythological serials for Doordarshan. This time on Sony, Kumar is bringing an entirely new experience.

"Man Main Hai Vishwas" will feature a series of stories on the supernatural experiences of ordinary people.

"We have had great success with outright horror shows like 'Aahat' and also with thrillers like 'CID'. But this is the first time that we are doing a straight-on take on supernatural experiences and human faith in inexplicable phenomenon," said the source.

It is interesting to note that decades ago such shows propagating occult-supernatural experiences were banned on national television. Today, the scenario on satellite television is such that every genre of software is welcome.

With Aroona's "Vaidehi" and Kumar's "Man Main Hai Vishwas" occupying Sony's prestigious slot vacated by "Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin", it is time for the channel to cross its fingers and hope the substitutes work.

"It's always tough to replace a long-running addictive soap. We hope Aroonaji and Dheerajji - with their long experience on the home medium - will divert audiences' attention into the new experience."

Two other major serials will come on air shortly to occupy the Wednesday and Thursday primetime slots vacated by "Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin". (IANS)

http://stories.indobase.com/article_6368.shtml
Edited by khoo - 17 years ago
Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Will Vaidehi do the trick for Aroona Irani?

Chaya Unnikrishnan
Posted online: Friday, June 02, 2006 at 0000 hours IST

After a couple of average dailies on Zee, Aroona Irani is back to the genre of one-hour weekly with Vaidehi Ek Aur Agnipariksha starting on Sony from June 5.
After a couple of average dailies on Zee, Aroona Irani is back to the genre of one-hour weekly withVaidehi Ek Aur Agnipariksha starting on Sony from June 5. The producer-actress talks about what went wrong with Rabba Ishq Na Hove and whether Vaidehi will recreate the magic of Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand?

You are producing a serial and your favourite actor Sangeeta Ghosh is not in it. How did this happen?
(Laughs) You are right, Sangeeta is my favourite heroine and I will definitely take her when I produce my next serial. But believe me, for Vaidehi I never approached her. When I conceptualised Vaidehi, Sangeeta was working 10-15 days a month in my Rabba Ishq Na Hove and rest of the days she had committed to another serial (Virasat). Also, I needed a simple, next-door type of a girl for the role.

Sangeeta is no longer that. She is sexy, right?
Yes, but you forget that when she was doing my Mehndi she was an ordinary girl. It was only after she did other serials and my Des.. that she transformed

How did you zero in on Pallavi Kulkarni for the role?
Pallavi has just done one serial Kehta Hai Dil and she suited my character to the €˜T€™. The protagonist is a simple, next-door girl from a ordinary background who is thrust into a rich household. It€™s about this problem she faces in her male-dominated marital house. The problem is so complex that I am sure even the women watching the serial will be left wondering what she would have done in such a situation. A viewer may come up with 5-6 options but still draw a blank, because the solution is not easy. As the tagline says it is Vaidehi Ek Aur Agnipariksha.... Obviously today€™s Sita will not go through a trial by fire... You will have to see the serial to find out what she will do.

What is this problem she faces?
I cannot reveal that now, because the third episode opens the card...

Besides producing and acting, are you directing the serial
No, Pawan Sahu is the director.

What is your role?
I play a good mother and an extra-ordinary mother-in-law. Any girl would love to have a sasuma like me. (laughs)

Your last serial Rabba Ishq Na Hove on Zee didn€™t do well? What went wrong?

I don€™t know. People who meet me even now, tell me that Rabba... had an excellent story. But, I guess we must have missed something somewhere. There was a TRP block. Maybe, the timing was wrong. It was launched on the day (26/7) Mumbai witnessed the heaviest downpour and there was a blackout. We repeated one episode but even then it didn€™t work. For two-and-a-half months after that terrible Tuesday, people were so worried about how they will pick up their lives that nobody was interested in watching TV.

There are so many reasons, one can give for the failure but the fact is if it is not fated to do well it won€™t. Moreover, it€™s not possible to hit the bulls€™ eye everytime, right?

You are hoping to do that with Vaidehi on Sony?
I had approached Sony with a concept when I was doing Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand on STAR Plus but it didn€™t work out. I went to them with Vaidehi when Rabba ... was on air. That was six months ago and this time obviously things have worked out. The serial starts airing from June 5, every Monday at 10 pm.

Monday is lucky for you. Wasn€™t Des Mein.. aired on Mondays at 9 pm?
Yes. It is lucky. Let€™s see what happens with Vaidehi.

How come you haven€™t followed up with your success of Des Mein ... on the STAR Network?
I haven€™t got a subject which suits their style. When I am ready with one I will definitely approach them.

Are you more confident about weeklies than dailies?
If a show is good, it works, whether it€™s a daily or a weekly. However, a daily is more convenient for the viewer because it becomes a habit. A weekly is at a disadvantage because after watching it one Monday, people may forget to tune into it the next Monday. The knack is to hook the viewer with an interesting freeze point which I acheived in Des Mein ... and hoping to repeat it with Vaidehi.

Ambrosia thumbnail
Sony launches 'Vaidehi-Ek aur agni pareeksha'

Thursday - Jun 01, 2006
Televisionpoint.com Correspondent
Sony Entertainment Television, in a bid to regain its No. 2 position has launched yet another new show called 'Vaidehi-Ek aur agni pareeksha', which is the story of a 21-year-old young, spirited girl, Vaidehi, who comes from a middle class family. This young girl had small dreams, of a loving husband, supportive family and a small house to call her own.

This is the first of the 10.00 pm shows to replace Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi, Vaidehi, starting June 5, is a story of a simple middle class girl with stars in her eyes and dreams in her heart. The channel claims that the story deals with a social cause, a problem which is not very common yet one which exists and perhaps has never been talked about in films or TV.

The story - A rich family wants Vaidehi, a middle-class girl, to marry their elder son. After the initial reluctance, the girl gets married but all is not hunky-dory and so be- gins her trial by fire. Today most women being financially independent do walk out of a bad marriage, in the sanctity of marriage, they say there is a point up to which you can take torture, but if somebody is going to throttle you, you will obvi- ously defend yourself.

N.P Singh, COO of SET India said "After Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi, the 10.00 pm. slot on the channel will be a variety of interesting genres--drama, real life stories, thriller, detective- that make for wholesome entertainment. Vaidehi at 10 p.m. is a show that will find echo in millions of women across the country who spend their life in subjugation and despair. Adding strength and vitality to the story is the suspense, thrill and romance that makes for prime time viewing. Also, working with successful producer like Aroona Irani, we look forward to an involved audience with Vaidehi."

"I am glad that Sony Entertainment Television has liked the concept and I hope that Vaidehi will match up to Sony's expectations. Vaidehi is a story of a girl, her dreams and the reality-with a social message for the viewers. It is all about living life to the fullest and following your own dreams," said Aroona Irani, producer of the show, who has had very successful shows on television.

The show will compete directly from Star Plus' Kahani Ghar Ghar ki and Zee TV's Johny Aala Re!
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
fifth serial 'Vaidehi ... Ek Aur Agnipareeksha' will be aired on Sony TV soon

photo: Anu pushkarna

WOMEN POWER Aruna Irani

The tone of one's voice reflects much about one's personality. People young at heart have a chuckle in their voice. And veteran actress Aruna Irani can safely be listed in this category. She has that exuberance and 'never-say-die' spirit that you find in most young go-getters. You compliment her on her young, mike-friendly voice and she chuckles like a kid in high spirits. "Is it? Wow! I didn't know it. Now, I can fool young boys on the phone," she laughs. .

Aruna is all set for the telecast of her fifth serial Vaidehi - Ek Aur Agneepariksha, scheduled from June 5 at 10 p.m. on Sony TV. She has produced and conceptualised the serial, which is directed by Pawan Sahu. Aruna, who made hit serials such as Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chand, Zameen Se Aasman Tak, Mehendi Tere Naam Ki and Tum Bin Jaooun Kahan, says this time she brings alive the positive side of women.

Says the actress who made her name as a comedian in Hindi films, "The heroine of my story is like Cinderella... she dreams about a rich, loving man to come and take her away. But at the same time, she is scared of marrying him because of the assumed differences in his high-flying attitude and her yielding demeanour. When her dream of marrying a rich man materialises and her fears come true, she is taken aback. How she initially sits back and tolerates his infuriating behaviour and later fights for her rights forms the crux of the story."

Vaidehi, as we know, is another name for Sita, and Aruna's choice of the title is based on the 'never-say-die' attitude of women. "Sita exists in all ages. Sita of ancient times had her own way of fighting for her rights. This serial portrays how Sita of today fights for her rights. It suggests that women are naturally soft hearted, hence are generally forgiving. But if they are wronged, they don't tolerate it stoically," asserts Aruna.

Sounds like a feminist theme. Aruna differs. "I am not a feminist. And that's why the men in my serials are strong. I don't like to make women-centric serials either."

Aruna promises a great surprise in the third episode. "You will be in for a shock in the third episode. That is my trump card. In the first two episodes, I have thought up a situation which makes the viewers watch the third episode wondering what they would have done if they had been in Vaidehi's shoes," she says.

Aruna has reserved "a very good role" for herself too. "Before this serial I never claimed that I have a 'very good' role in my serials. But this one is. I play an understanding mother-in-law, Sita." For long, people haven't seen her in films. "I do want to act in films but I don't have the time. I miss my comedy days and I would love to do some comedy roles again. I have also realised that it is easier to don a comedy role than write a comic script. Nonetheless, writing is far more creative than acting. It is cathartic for me," she concludes.

RANA SIDDIQUI

"I like to depict real and unusual problems in my shows"

They are the backbone of any television production. They not only conceive award winning shows but also have the foresight to gauge their potential.They also provide the moolah that keeps these shows alive and kicking for years. In this column, we speak to some of the most vibrant producers who have made shows that have set trends in the television industry and try to find out what makes them tick!

We have seen her in umpteen number of films playing a comedian and not to forget her successful shows like Mehendi Tere Naam Ki, Tum Bin Jaon Kahan ,Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chand and Rabba Ishq Na Hove which Aruna Irani, the actor-cum-producer has delivered and the shows have generally dealt with social concerns. The down-to-earth actor is all set to launch her new show Vaidehi on Sony which she's not only producing but also acting.
Kavita Shyam met up with the still young at heart lady...

My shows…
My first show Mehndi Tere Naam Ki dealt with the agonies of the people besides my shows are also based on true stories of people whom I've known. I turn these true problems into stories for my shows.

Women-centric shows…
My shows deal with a lot of social issues and it's easier for me to show such issues as being a woman I can be closer and open to the other women. I like to pick up uncommon problems and depict them in my shows.

Television shows so far…
Even though Rabba Ishq Na Hove might not have done too well but it is closest to my heart but I think I am passionate about all my shows. Each one of my shows have tried to portray issues which every one can relate to.

Why not Sangeeta Ghosh in Vaidehi
Sangeeta is an extremely talented actor and she is doing roles outside but I will consider her in my future shows if the role demands. For Vaidehi Pallavi Kulkarni suited the role perfectly and I wanted a simple and unglamorous girl.

Why I chose to act in Vaidehi
I was offered to play the role which I kept refusing to but eventually ended up doing the role as I am passionate about acting. And for me acting in Vaidehi or any other show or films is the same except that the role has to be really interesting and

different besides I am fond of acting and its difficult to keep me away from it and the medium is immaterial. Though I keep running away from doing roles in my shows but my role in Vaidehi is by far the best.

Vaidehi is all about…
I think almost all family dramas are similar these days and Vaidehi is also a family play but it's different. The third episode will depict an unusual and weird problem which doesn't happen in every family, it could happen to the rich as well as the poor and it's something which is prevalent but people don't talk about it much. This has not been shown in television or films either.

Future projects…
I have two more television projects in the pipeline which I will be ready to talk about in the next two months besides I'll also have a film which will have to wait for six months.

Leisure hours for me…
I work from 10am to 8pm and beyond that I like to go for walks, look after myself and take care of my old age.

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
First Look: Meet Vaidehi

Aroona Irani (inset), now a prolific TV producer, returns to the small screen with her latest serial – Vaidehi: Ek Aur Agni Pareeksha.

The story revolves around spirited 21-year old Vaidehi (Pallavi Kulkarni, left), who comes from a typical middle-class family, without any grand ambitions. Things change when she marries Aryavardhan (Sachin Sharma), scion to a big business empire. The story is about how she falls in love with Aryavardhan and tries to adjust to an environment completely different from the place she was born and brought up in.

The honeymoon is short lived though, and Vaidehi soon finds herself in trouble. Like her earlier serials, Aruna Irani's Vaidehi too deals with how a girl fights back. Vaidehi is a challenge for Sony in more ways than one. Firstly, it is going to replace the once iconic Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin. Secondly, it is to challenge the spot currently dominated by Star Plus' Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki.

As N P Singh, COO of SET India Pvt Ltd, says, "After Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi, the 10 pm slot on the channel will feature a variety of interesting genres -- drama, real life stories, thriller, detective -- that make for wholesome entertainment. Vaidehi will find an echo with millions of women across the country who spend their life in subjugation and despair. "

Aroona Irani is pleased. "I am glad Sony liked the concept and I hope Vaidehi will live up to their expectations. It is a story with a social message, about living life to the fullest and following your own dreams."

For Pallavi Kulkarni, this is a comeback after two years. She wanted to take a break after Kehta Hai Dil and spend time with her family. She agreed to Vaidehi only after a call from Aroona Irani's office explaining the role to her. Pallavi agreed immediately and feels this was a role worth waiting for.

Apart from Kulkarni and Sachin Sharma, Vaidehi also stars Aroona Irani herself and Kiran Kumar. An interesting omission is Irani's former favourite Sangeeta Ghosh.

Vaidehi will be telecast starting June 5, Mondays at 10 pm on Sony Entertainment Television.

Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
New Drama With a Thrilling Punch

Aroona Irani is back with a new show - Vaidehi and #8230; Ek Aur Agni Pariksha. It's a tale of Vaidehi, a 21-year-old girl, (played by Pallavi Kulkarni) who commits herself to a marriage which changes her life in more ways than one. The actor-turned-director, Irani, talks to HT City about the show.

What is your new show - Vaidehi - all about?
It's an emotional drama. While the male character Aryavardhan Jaisingh, (played by Sachin Sharma) is bothered only about his money and power, the girl is sensitive and has a strong mind.

Isn't this a very common plot for a tele-show?
Not at all. Unlike other shows, this relationship drama has a huge element of suspense and thrill. It's an intricate take on a man-woman relationship, dealt in a very class and a subtle fashion.

You generally play the mother in your shows. Is it the same again?
Yes. Indeed I have two roles - mother and mother-in-law. My character is called Sita Devi. While she is a doting mother, she is even more caring as the mother-in-law.

source: yahoo News
kbakshi thumbnail
I wish Aruna Irani best of luck for this show "Vaidhi".
Ambrosia thumbnail
On seventh heaven

Ashish Mitra
Posted online: Friday, June 09, 2006 at 0000 hours IST

Pallavi Kulkarni who plays the title role in Vaidehi is over the moon as she is doing a serial after Kehta Hai Dil that enjoyed a successful run and brought her into the limelight. Screen talks to the husky-voiced actress...
After Kehta Hai Dil there has been a considerable gap.
Yes! But don€™t think that serials weren€™t coming my way. In fact, I took a delibrate gap. This is the time I went out with my family and had a refreshing break. After that I started looking at good offers that would serve me good both professionally and financially. Even while doing Kehta Hai Dil I did not want to overwork and burn myself. I was only doing that one serial as it kept me occupied for 15 days a month. The rest of the days, I did ads, read a lot and spent quality time with my family and friends.

What happened after you decided to return?
While I was waiting for good offers, I was approached by Aroona Irani€™s production house. After a few sittings and photo shoots I was chosen to play the title role. But all said and done the sailing was smooth.

Tell us about your role in Vaidehi?
Vaidehi-Ek Aur Agni Pareeksha is the story of a 21-year-old young, spirited girl, Vaidehi, who comes from a middle-class family. This girl had small dreams of a loving husband, a supportive family and a small house to call her own. One day, out of the blue, in a true fairy tale-like fashion, Vaidehi€™s parents€™ receive a marriage proposal for their daughter from one of the richest families in the country€"the Jaisinghs. Her family cannot believe their luck. Imagine the richest family asking for the hand of their daughter for their handsome son Aryavardhan. For everyone who gets to know about the alliance it is going to be a fairy tale wedding, but Vaidehi is apprehensive. She wonders why Aryavardhan, who could get any rich and affluent girl in the country, must ask for her hand. Her family and friends tell her that she is the chosen one and she must just happily get in to this marriage.

But Vaidehi is still not convinced. How can she ever adjust to this environment? However once she sees Aryavardhan he sweeps her off her feet. She goes through the fairy tale wedding. With stars in her eyes and dreams in her heart she enters the corridors of Jaisingh mansion, where away from her knowledge lies a dark secret. On her wedding night she realizes that the wedding was a farce. It was not in any way a fairy tale ending-but the beginning of a nightmare. She finds herself trapped in this marriage. Vaidehi€™s life comes to a standstill. She has to go through the ultimate test - the Agnipareeksha!

How many episodes have you shot so far?
We have shot just five episodes. Since it is a weekly, it does not matter much. But we are all working hard.

You had done some serials prior to Kehta Hai Dil?
Yes I did Aaaj Bhi Ateet, Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat after which I did Kehta Hai Dil.The first three actually didn€™t serve my purpose but Kehta Hai Dil made me famous.