Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

minihussain thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
From all the performances, i loved the Balika Vadhu girl's performance best. I thought the whole setting was great and very nicely choreographed by Deepak.
LeadNitrate thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

I am not a trained dancer at all...Just dance @ parties..but but have been watching dance shows for 30+ yrs.

Love ball room and latin dances..Love indian classical dances...Not a fan of bollywood street type dance but once in a while it is ok for entertainment value..

I missed most of the show today but recording repeat show so I can watch it..Looking forward to commenting on dance..

Thank god there is a topic assigned which is not for gushing only..πŸ˜ƒ

DabullaπŸ€—

where are you these days? Why are you not on DID forum? did u watch the wildcard epi? OMG it reeked of pre scripted and favoritism.

-scarlett- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ummesulaiman

I was surprised at the marks Sushil and the cricket player (not a cricket fan...so don't remember his name) got...the judges should have been encouraging in their remarks, but not unnecessarily favorable in their score cards...they didn't do this for everyone else...so why these 2?

I was thinking the same but then Remo clarified that the marks are based on the previous knowledge of the contestant and where they come from. Since if we were to mark equally then it wouldn't be fair as Ishaa is a trained dancer. But the performances really didn't strike me so well
-scarlett- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

So, this is my take on the performances. The scores were not fair, I know. Though like I mentioned they had said that they did that based on each person's ability to dance. However, after thinking about it, I feel that most of these guys are weak and really wouldn't matter if they judged them on the same scale. If they want, they could probably judge good performers like Isha and Salman on their own scale.

P.s: Don't feel bad about my comments, I am not biased towards anyone. It's just my opinion on what I felt. I am not targeting any individual star or choreographer.

Giaa and Nishant: The performance was average according to me, I felt that their marks were the most unbiased and fair. They deserved what they had gotten however, I felt bad that they did better than most and got such less marks. Anyways, I think Nishant will need to work more on Giaa's stage presence and focus. She looked off while moving around the stage and working with props.

Darsheel and Avneet: Good performance (for them atleast) Darsheel needs to really polish his moves. Their timing was off and also Avneet was most likely  the center of attention πŸ˜†

Gurmeet and Shampa: I was really not impressed (don't throw jhootas) I felt that the choreography could have been better and Gurmeet looked very stiff as well, making the moves unpleasant to watch. I really hope that he loosens up but I really liked his expressions 😳

Jai Suria and Suchitra: Below average performance. I feel that he really needs to work on how he executes each step, they need to be better transitioned and graceful.

Isha Shravani and Salman: Very good performance but I think Isha can work a little bit better on her expressions but other than that the performance was seriously breathtaking!

Jayati Bhatia and Diwakar: I felt that she did fairly well...her choreography might not be so complex but her execution was great...just a bit more polish and she would be up there πŸ˜‰

Talat Aziz and Ankita: Talat needs to loosen up as well, the choreographer seriously need to start teaching. I thought that there was only a lot of dragging and lifts, not much of dance. Would like to see a bit more moves being thrown. Overall, a below average performance.

Pratushya and Deepak: Pratushya and Deepak had a pretty great performance. The choreography was good and the girl really was very graceful but expressions need to be improved, all she needs to develop the stage presence as I kept on looking at Deepak more than her. But a well executed performance😊

Shibani and Puneet: Shibani needs to polish her skills, other than that I think Puneet is doing a pretty good job with her.

Bharti and Savio: This was a surprising and a very entertaining performance. It was definitely a good watch, Bharti can surely GROOVE! Though I think that she needs to work on her speed but other than that the performance was great watch!

Archana and Sanam: It was a below average performance I'd say I was disappointed since I thought that it would be atleast better than what we say before. However, there was no flow to the choreography, no gracefulness in Archana either. I thought that the girl was just walking to one place, shaking her hip (not even properly) then going to another and repeating. The problem with Archana is that her body is very stiff, her hips don't flow like they should and she has her body co-ordination messed up. I was expecting better from Sanam as well but I think it's first time so he is probably not at his best as of yet.

Ravi Kissen and Kunjan: An okay performance. Again a body that is very stiff and masculine, needs to sway more and also the steps don't come out clear. So I think Kunjan needs to work on Ravi Kissen's clarity and steps a bit more!

Sushil and Alisha: I was excited to see a common man but then disappointed again with the performance, though I can see the hard work as he has never danced before. Alisha did a great job trying to choreograph something that would cover his major flaws however there is more room for improvement. Also, I think that his spirit was great throughout.

Madhusk thumbnail
I am disappointed at the judges...
i thought they judged gurmeet's performance rightly though kjo seemed a little put off... but i'm disappointed at the marks some of the others who obviously cannot dance have got...
Exactly, I am talking about marks system... Crap scores... In which base they give crickter high score?...  

.IM ALSO DONT LIKE REMO STATEMENT...BACKGROUND DEKH  KER MARKS DENGAI.WHY????😲
REMO SIR...BAAT KUCH HAZAM NAHI HUI...πŸ˜• 

LeadNitrate thumbnail

Originally posted by: Madhusk

I am disappointed at the judges...
i thought they judged gurmeet's performance rightly though kjo seemed a little put off... but i'm disappointed at the marks some of the others who obviously cannot dance have got...
Exactly, I am talking about marks system... Crap scores... In which base they give crickter high score?...  

.IM ALSO DONT LIKE REMO STATEMENT...BACKGROUND DEKH  KER MARKS DENGAI.WHY????😲
REMO SIR...BAAT KUCH HAZAM NAHI HUI...πŸ˜• 

The cricketer is called  Sanat jayasurya.
Crap scores : Adding imo/ imho changes the tone of the post. 
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Judges were totally off with their marks...They gave high marks to undeserving dance performances..

First two dances got the lowest and the KBC winner dude who just jumped around got same as those 2..Gia and Shivani...😲

Hope Judges shape up and start giving marks in sync with the dance techniques and performances. πŸ˜›

BTW I wish Madhuri wore hills while dancing her introductory performance..Her toes were not pointed and she was heavy footed dancing "Mil gayi"  😳

Remo was disappointing too in his dance...😳

May be I am very critical when it comes to professional dancers.

Most professional girls on sat show were bit disappointing.  I expected better from Shampa as she is TL academy student. Oh well..

No offense to any fans..This is just my opinion.  As this is critics topic.

Vishwa your analysis was bang on..πŸ‘
Edited by Dabulls23 - 11 years ago
LeadNitrate thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Judges were totally off with their marks...They gave high marks to undeserving dance performances..

well, starting epi was the same last zr too, shekhar suman got 27, daya got 26 and sushant got 21

First two dances got the lowest and the KBC winner dude who just jumped around got same as those 2..Gia and Shivani...😲

Hope Judges shape up and start giving marks in sync with the dance techniques and performances. πŸ˜›

hopefullz from next epi, they will do the real judging, also good that no elimination based on this act. Good sense prevailed.

BTW I wish Madhuri wore hills while dancing her introductory performance..Her toes were not pointed and she was heavy footed dancing "Mil gayi"  😳

nice observation, I was so focussed on her face and expressions and her attempt at flamengo at this age, i didn't look below her neck.

Remo was disappointing too in his dance...😳
 I guess after the joint jalwa of himself and terrence, he decided to relax. U know remo tends to let go at times.

May be I am very critical when it comes to professional dancers.

Most professional girls on sat show were bit disappointing.  I expected better from Shampa as she is TL academy student. Oh well..

i doubt they were putting their best foot forward on saturday, just a bit. BUt some of the back up dancers were really good. Hope to see them in future DID.

No offense to any fans..This is just my opinion.  As this is critics topic.

Vishwa your analysis was bang on..πŸ‘

Superlyk.

pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I, like everyone, was heavily disappointed by the biased scores that the judges gave to Jayasuriya.

But other than that, I LOVED Shibani's and Isha's performance.
There were some parts in Shibani's performance in which she didn't come out looking all too graceful (those awkward thumkas and turns), but then again, it was a blend of Lavani and Hip Hop. Nice song though-Apsara Aali is one of my favorites! They even managed to sneak in a bharatanatyam adavu, which was nice.I loved her expressions throughout and how she danced on beat.

Isha's entry was very good and "Parishaan" is such a great song to choose! Hats of to Salman! If only he hadn't let go of her hand and dropped her. Other than that, it was a perfecto performance!

Hoping to see more classical dances in the next episode.

Edited by RadhaHiBawari - 11 years ago
kanak23 thumbnail
I think Gia did an amazing job, and ten for her to be the first one on the stage, yes she did not lip sing but she was with beat and she danced fantastically, being a dancer and watching her dance she did great. i think was once again amazing she did great. i love gia and she will do great...