•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

Sibling rivalry has always made headlines - be it the Lata-Asha spat or the recently in news public spat between the Mafatlals, siblings up in arms against one another makes the gossip mills go overboard! And if these were not enough, the latest family to be embroiled in a controversy is the Mahajans who are perhaps the worst affected of the lot.

The television industry abounds with siblings - sometimes they work together, sometimes they work in primetime shows on different channels and sometimes they argue on the selection of shows. Riya V Anandwala spoke to our celeb brigade to find out what sibling rivalry means to them and how they deal with it!

Rohit Roy

Rohit and Ronit Roy: Rohit has been in the industry since a very long time. Ronit who started of with films later stepped in televsiion. Both were spotted together in Sarrkkar

Any sort of rivalry is healthy if one knows where to draw the line. This mostly happens when two siblings are in the same profession. In our case it's the other side of the spectrum. There was a time when Ronit was going through a bad phase in his career, but I did pray for him and he did the same when things were not in my favour. I am not saying that we never fight, we probably have arguments on each and every issue!

Bhaktiyaar Irani

Delnaz and Bhaktiyaar: Delnaz is six years elder to Bhaktiyar and has been in television since a very long time. The younger sibling has just started off and both had worked together in Batliwala House No 42

No! Sibbling rivalry is not at all healthy! There can be no competition between me and my sister. Firstly because of our gender, and if there can be any competition than it can rather be between me and Rajev our Rakesh! A have a brother too, and if we two would have been in the same profession I am quite sure, there would have been no sight of rivalry! Our bond cannot be shaken by Tanaaz or Rajev either!

Nigar Z Khan

Nigar and Gauhar:While Nigar sets the small screen on fire, Gauhar, her younger sibling rules the ramp! The two have never worked together.

No, Gauhar is like my baby, she is four years younger to me. I can never ever think that she is doing better than me or envy her in any case I think it all depends on the upbringing and how closely knit you are as a family! It depends on the mother, whether she instills the feelings of love and respect in her kids for each other!

Mukul Dev

Rahul and Mukul Dev- Dev's have tried their hand at both! While Mukul fits more in televsion, Rahul prefers the big screen!

I have never really been a situation like this, so wouldn't know what exactly happens! I have always wished my sibling Rahul for the every best in life! That's because he is elder to me and also that he is far more dedicated, disciplined than I am. I, in many ways look upto him. I have always been taught to respect my brother. Rahul more than my brother, he is a father figure to me.

Arunima Sharma

Arunima and Dipannita Sharma- Dipannita is the elder and along with modelling has dabbled at movies too. Arunima has just entered the telly industry!

Dipannita is two years elder to me, and I don't see any competition between us. I am very happy with what she is doing and even the happier of where I am. I see no rivalry between us for such a reason ever. She is certainly very ahead of me and will alwayd\s be and I don't find it a reason for jealousy ever! Parents are the most important people who are involved in this situation. They should always instill values in their kids which manifest respect for each other.

http://tellychakkar.com/y2k6/apr/27apr/bo

Posted: 17 years ago
thanks for sharing 😊 where has rahul dev been in?