Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SassyMiley thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
hii laurie im a huge fan of ur ff.i read all the parts last month and i must say my curiosity was increasing after each part.u r n fab writer and i cant describe it.thank u so much for the update i was waiting for a long and it is worth it.do ubdate soon th next part dear ๐Ÿ˜Š
NadaCinta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Awww Laurie thanks for the bonus gift that is two chapters at one go๐Ÿ˜ณ

I thought i will grow old by the time I get to read your update ๐Ÿ˜‰.

Well all I would like to say is both the chapters were truly awesome, magnificent, superb, great, fabulous, fantastic๐Ÿ˜›. The way you describe each and every little thing is so in detail including their characteristics. 

I'm eagerly waiting for your next update especially when it involves ArVi who is just a magical pair๐Ÿ˜›.

ARluv16 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wow! Two updates!...Loved it!...๐Ÿ‘
Finally Arvi Reunited at last!..
I Like the way u write, its brilliant!..U write so well that I see everything happening right in front of me, 
I like the way u kept Arvi the way they were, the characters they were, those characters, that magical chemistry we all fell in love with...โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
I really miss that Arvi now days!, especially after reading this๐Ÿ˜”
Thank u for writing, making us so happy...Please Continue, and Update soon!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Axiom thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you all for your feedback and lovely comments! I appreciate them all. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I don't have a PM list so I apologize for that up front.

So glad you all still like my story and my version of ARVI.

There is still so much potential there that I hope I can capture it all for you guys.

Anyways, let's get on with the show...

Enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Axiom thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter 22 โ€“ Coming Into Her Own

Flat 502 - London โ€“ (Week 5) Thursday โ€“ 7:30 pm. GMT

"Dinner's ready" Laurie called out as she laid the food out on the table.

A round of 'be right there's' rang out around the room and she chuckled to herself. 'What a week' she mused.

After Purvi's incident at the party no one wanted to leave her alone for any long periods of time and someone was always within calling distance. Laurie had some of her things moved into Purvi's flat as Tej was going to be in Canada for a few more weeks.

Since Arjun and Purvi had their conversation on Sunday, it was as if he never left. Karan suggested Purvi stay home to recuperate but by Monday midday she was already climbing the walls with boredom.

Karan then gave her the details for the presentation on Friday and Purvi was happy to give this work her full attention. She really wanted to bag this project for Karma Industries and make a name for herself in the business. 

She was at war with her feelings though as she also wanted Arjun to secure a tender for himself. His company was in the running for this opportunity and she wanted him to succeed as well.

Arjun came that evening with a 'Get well soon" teddy bear to check in on Purvi and he noted that she was doing much better now that she had a distraction. 

Karan saw Purvi light up when she saw Arjun and he knew Arjun was helping Purvi to recover quickly so he didn't object to Arjun being there.

Arjun never left for long. He came every evening since and brought his work along with him. Both Karan and Arjun knew that working in such close proximity was a major conflict of interest and tried to keep their work to themselves as they all shared the flat's living area each evening.

Both men were frustrated with their tenders as each company had different strengths โ€“ Karan's company had great commercial success where Arjun's company excelled in residential projects. This project called for both and both great business men were in a quandary as to what they needed to do.

On Wednesday, Purvi - having worked for both companies and being very familiar with how both men ran their flagships โ€“ suggested that they go into this project as a merger so both companies could benefit from this very lucrative deal.

Karan and Arjun initially refused but as Purvi explained how each company would be able to put their stamp on this very innovative and far reaching, international branding project both men finally agreed.

They had broken up the project into three sections and each had taken on major responsibilities to get the task completed by the presentation deadline of Friday morning. Karan took commercial, Arjun took residential and Purvi handled the presentations, tenders and everything else.

Laurie sat at the table and sipped on her lemonade as she considered the occupants of the house. All three were busily preparing for the 'Super Project' and all had been in 'Do Not Disturb' mode ever since they came home.

Karan was in the little office nook where Laurie had her drawing table set up, Purvi was on the chaise with her laptop and their newest semi-permanent house guest Arjun was sitting on the chocolate sofa with his phone and work papers. Each had their own little fortress and from time to time they ventured into each other's territory to clarify concerns or discuss and rework technical issues.

Laurie cleared her throat and all three heads came up to look at her.

"I said, 'Dinner is ready.'"

All three look chagrinned and made their way to wash up for dinner. Purvi went upstairs and Arjun's eyes followed her every movement.

Karan spoke up, "Arjun, you can use the washroom down here first" and Arjun looked like he had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He muttered his thanks a beat a hasty retreat to the washroom to freshen up for dinner.

Karan rolled his eyes and Laurie laughed at him. A few minutes later all were seated around the table and quickly dived into a meal of saag aloo, chicken korma and hot puris. Dinner was over in a flash and Purvi made tea for everyone. Laurie made everyone sit at the table to enjoy their tea before scampering off back into their work burrows.

"So, how's it coming along? Are you all ready for tomorrow?" Laurie asked as everyone was once again seated at the table.

"I think so" Karan started.

"Yes, just putting the finishing touches on my side." Arjun added.

"Of course. I can't wait for this presentation." Purvi exclaimed and all looked at her. Her excitement shone like a light from within her and Arjun, Karan and Laurie were happy to see the transformation.

Arjun smiled at Purvi with knowing eyes. He was so happy to be working with her that sometimes he would just sit and stare at her and try not to get caught by the hawk eyes of 'Captain Karan'. Sometimes he wouldn't be able to get anything done while he was around her so when he went home for the night he would rush to do his work then.

Both men would forward any updates or changes to the presentation to Purvi and she would come over to them to discuss any notes they wanted her to make during her speech. Arjun forwarded so many changes and Purvi โ€“ knowing Arjun's working style โ€“ smiled and knew what he was up to.

She sent him an email after the seventh change asking if he wanted to come over to discuss the changes with her and Karan. Arjun looked up from his laptop at Purvi and she smirked at him. He gave her a sheepish look as he knew he was busted and shrugged his shoulders and smiled at her.

"I know we are going to bag this project" Purvi continued snapping Arjun out of his reverie.

"Fantastic. Now I suggest that you all give this another hour or so then head off to your respective rooms for a good night's rest. You are going to need it." Laurie said sounding more like a schoolmarm than a young woman.

"Yes, ma'am." They all chimed in and everyone laughed as they helped clean up the table and wash up the dishes. They all zipped back into their corners and furiously started typing away on their respective laptops.

Another two hours passed before Laurie made the rounds to get everyone off their computers and off to get some rest. Karan and Arjun both left reluctantly and as Purvi made her way upstairs for bed Laurie called her into her room.

"I know you'll hit it out of the park with your presentation tomorrow but we wanted you to have this."

Laurie gave Purvi two boxes โ€“ a small one and a big one and both were wrapped with pink bows. The note on the small one read, "For our beautiful girl. May Bappa always keep you safe and happy โ€“ Love Aai and Baba." 

The note on the big box read "To look like a superstar when you take over the worldโ€ฆLove Tej and Laurie"

Tears filled Purvi's eyes as she read and reread the notes again. How she missed her aai, baba, aagi, Sachin and the rest of the gang! Maybe she would have them visit soon.

"We've been speaking on the phone a few times after you call them every day and they wanted you to have this as they were missing you." Laurie offered after seeing Purvi's reaction.

Purvi was too emotional to say anything so she put the boxes on the bed and gave Laurie a hug.

"Open them" Laurie said excitedly.

Purvi sat on the bed and carefully unwrapped the bows and kept them aside lovingly with the notes. Inside the small box was a beautiful Ganesha and Purvi gave her salutations and pressed it against her heart. She closed her eyes and said a quick prayer of thanks. She took it downstairs and placed it upon the small altar they had set up when they moved into the flat.

She came back into the room and opened the big box with excitement. Inside was a tailored black Giorgio Armani's women's suit with a red sateen shell, black obsidian accessories and a pair of black patent leather Christian Louboutin pumps.

"Wow! This is amazing! Thank you both!" Purvi jumped up and gave Laurie a quick hug.

"This is for your first corporate 'take down' as the new Purvi. The boy won't be able to take his eyes off you." Laurie said as Purvi took the shoes out and tried them on. Perfect fit.

Purvi gaped at Laurie and then blushed beet red. I-I've never worn anything like this. Do you think it will look ok?"

"You will look like a million dollars and you'll probably earn it tomorrow too with that suit."

"Ok off to bed with you. I'll have Karan and Arjun go on ahead in the morning and I'll help you get ready before I go off to my own meetings. This is going to be fun!"

Purvi gathered up her things and almost skipped off to her own room.

Betjeman Suite, Gouman Hotel โ€“ Charing Cross, London โ€“ (Week 5) Friday โ€“ 8:30 am. GMT

"Where is she?" Karan muttered as Arjun paced the floor around their table in the Betjeman Suite of the Gouman Hotel in Charing Cross.

Karan adjusted his cuff links and sipped on some sparkling water while Arjun continued to stare at the door. This was a very big day for all of them and neither wanted to have anything go wrong. 

They both wore sharp black suits, black shoes and crisp white shirts. Karan had on a navy blue tie while Arjun sported a black pencil tie.

"We'll be starting in fifteen minutes" came the announcement from the chairmaster.

Just as Arjun reached for his cell phone to call Purvi, the doors to the left of them opened and Purvi glided in.

Both Karan and Arjun's eyes popped open in surprise at Purvi's transformation and as Karan regained his composure his project partner looked lost to the world. Karan smiled as he knew Laurie had something to do with this so he sat back to enjoy the show.

Arjun blinked, blinked and blinked again.

Purvi was a vision in a black suit with black pumps and accessories. Her clothes were obviously tailored as they fit her extremely well and the shape of the suit accentuated her perfectly. She wore her hair in a fashionable bun at the nape of her neck with her bangs swept to the side. It was an elegant style and very attractive on her.

A little eye makeup and mascara made her eyes luminous and she had a pretty rose tinge to her lips. She looked like a runway model and she carried herself with such confidence that she commanded the attention of almost everyone in the room as she walked in.

"You're drooling mate." Karan chuckled as he nudged Arjun.

Arjun quickly shut his mouth but he could not stop staring at Purvi. Who was this alluring creature that just sauntered in? She looked like Purvi, smiled like her but this magical creature was giving off sparks of electricity. 

While he loved Purvi's simplicity, this was a look he never expected and he was completely bowled over.

"Sorry I'm a little late gentlemen. Traffic getting here was horrendous."

"It's ok. We're just about to start. Come let's get everything set up." Karan offered as he took her things and helped her around the table.

Purvi turned and smiled at Arjun who hadn't said a word yet.

A member of the wait staff came over to pull out Purvi's chair and Arjun all but growled at the poor man. Arjun pulled the chair out for Purvi and she said her thanks. His eyes became possessive and he cast a look around the room.

Many men stared at his flower as she got herself settled in and two men on the table next to them gave a small wave to her as she sat down. They were clients that he had worked with in the past but Arjun didn't care if they were presidents โ€“ they were not getting anymore smiles from his Purvi.

Arjun sat next to Purvi and blocked the men's view of Purvi with his back. He turned back to look at her and he was mesmerized. She looked so beautiful that he simply had no words. Arjun wrote a note on his napkin, folded it and slipped it in front of Purvi.

Purvi was thrilled that she had such a reaction from Arjun even though he hadn't said anything to he yet.  She opened the napkin and read the note. "You look so radiant that I can't keep my eyes off you. You are a vision." Purvi went beet red and slipped the napkin into her purse.

Each time he caught her eye big bursts of energy raced through her body making it hum with excitement. She blushed and he blushed. She blinked and he blinked.

Karan cleared his throat and that snapped them back to attention.

"Game time folks. Let's show these people how it's done." Karan said as he looked at each of their faces. Purvi and Arjun nodded in consent and they all turned their attention to the chairman as the meeting started.

Six other companies presented their offerings and the duo of Karma and A.K. Group of Industries were the last to present.

Karan went first and presented his commercial piece and as the slides played in the back ground Arjun switched places with him as the presenter for the next residential portion of the exhibit. 

As the lights came up, Arjun's gaze found Purvi and all the words he was prepared to say just flew out of his mind. Arjun tried to piece together his speech but for the life of him he could not remember what he was supposed to say.

He cleared his throat, reached up to scratch his eyebrow and that's when Purvi knew he was in trouble. She knew she had to think fast and then she remembered how good he was at understanding her sign language from when they played Dumb Charades. 

She made a motion to capture his attention and when he looked at her she started to make subtle signs for him.

At first Arjun was confused but then he understood what Purvi was trying to do so he casually focused on her while addressing the audience. Purvi signed the major points to Arjun and as he was speaking he was able to recall the major points of his presentation.

Purvi then switched places with Arjun as his slides played in the back ground. Arjun slumped in his chair and ran his hands through his hair as Karan leaned over to him. "Thought you were a clutch man? What the hell happened out there? Good thing Purvi was there to save you."

"I don't know what happened. One look at her and all the words I rehearsed were gone. It's a good thing we understand each other so well otherwise we'd be cooked." Arjun sighed.

Karan laughed and gave him a thump on the back. "Well, no offense to your obviously great skills but this presentation didn't need either of us. Just sit back and watch the fireworks."

Arjun was confused as to what Karan was referring to. He knew Purvi was good at presentations but he didn't know if she could close this deal all by herself as she didn't have that experience before.

As the lights came up Purvi stepped up to the podium and began her segment of the presentation. Her voice was strong and clear and she recapped all the points of the commercial and residential project in her summation. 

Her words were delivered with assurance and the audience responded to her tenacity. Purvi received a great round of applause when she was finished and she made her way cooly back to her table.

The men on the table next to her gave another wave as she sat down. Arjun gave them a dirty look and when Purvi grabbed his hand he sat back in his chair so the men could see their clasped hands. He adjusted the lapel of his jacket with his free hand and cast a smirk in their direction.

The tender committee gave a recess for lunch and when they came back an hour later the announced the companies receiving the tenders.

"โ€ฆ and the winner of the Super Nova project bid goes to the combined team of Karma and A.K. Group on industries."

Thunderous applause celebrated the success of all the winners and after the meeting was adjourned Karan shook hands with Purvi and Arjun.

"Looks like we're in business. Great strategy P.D. You pulled this one out of the hat for us!" Karan said as he congratulated them both.

"I agree. Purvi you were simply amazing up there. So confident and sure of yourself. I don't think I've ever seen you so in your element before. This is truly what you were born to do." Arjun added.

Purvi beamed with their praises. Karan took out his phone to make a call and something caught Arjun's eye. At the bottom of Karan's left wrist was what looked like a small birthmark. 

Arjun focused a little more without being too obvious and he was surprised to discover that it was the shape of a lotus flower. He instantly flashed on his dream with Purvi where he saw the lotus tattoo on the inside of her ankle.

'What is going on here? Why does this mean?' Arjun looked at Karan who gave Purvi a hug in congratulations and he wondered, not for the first time, who Karan Dhanjani really was. 

Karan looked up and caught Arjun's eye and released Purvi to go to him. Purvi was still so excited from the win that she swayed a little and both men stepped in closer to her aide.

"Maybe you should take it easy for a bit. Why don't you head on home to rest and we'll stay here and make the rounds."

"I'm going to circulate with you both for a while and then I'll leave." Purvi said determinedly.

Both men started to argue but Purvi walked off towards the clients and they had no choice but to follow. Thirty minutes later Laurie whisked Purvi away and she dropped off Sid's flash drive for Karan to go through the pictures when he was finished.

Karan and Arjun continued to be approached by companies that had major interest in their services and at the end of it all they had both set up at least ten potential new clients each because of the success of Purvi's presentation.

As the clients finally started clearing out of the meeting room, Karan made a call to a florist to send some flowers to Laurie in thanks for all her help for the week. 

Arjun sitting next to Karan realized that he had never done those things for Purvi and decided to follow Karan's lead. He ordered some flowers to be delivered and asked for a special note to be included.

Karan smiled as he heard Ajrun placing the order and thought, 'Maybe I can be a good influence on this Junior-loskar after all." Karan saw Laurie's note and put the flash drive into his computer as Arjun packed up. Karan went straight for the pictures with Purvi, Tej and Sid and saw the girl next to them.

The blood drained from Karan's face and after a heartbeat he slammed his fist on the table.

Arjun was taken aback by Karan's reaction and asked, "Everything ok? You look as though you've seen a ghost." 

Arjun chuckled and Karan answered, "I think I just might have."

Karan scooped up his things and rushed out the door. Arjun followed suit and as Karan got into his car Arjun heard him say to someone on the phone, "I will not tolerate any excuses. I want her found now!"

Arjun stopped in his tracks as Karan raced away in his Range Rover, "What the heck was that all about?"

soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Laurie, you did it again :) with aplomb, with style, with conviction.  

Purvi has been transformed :)  and Arjun, he is the same dear boy we fell in love with! 

I loved the Juniorloskar, Arjun's loss of words and Purvi's total confidence, confidence that comes from knowing you are truly loved and cherished.  

Cannot wait to re-read and relish, this story is so happily at odds with the real story that is unfolding that this could be an entirely new TV soap written exclusively for RD and Asha.  

The little touches to detail, the Bappa murthi, the description of the furniture and the food and Purvi's attire, the reference to Charing Cross Hotel (had to go look up that Suite) - signs of a master craftsman.  

Dil maange more, my friend.  You should seriously publish this as a novel or send it to Ekta advising her to launch a new serial with you as resident writer.
Edited by soapwatcher1 - 11 years ago
AnAvidReader thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Laurie..๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—
thanks for updating..
LOVED this part as well...!!
aha Hawk eyed Captain Karan watching arjun's every move..
wow liked the idea of entering this "Super Project" as a merger...๐Ÿ˜›
woah purvi in suit..Arjun was mesmerized after watching her lady love in new avtaar๐Ÿ˜ƒ
same here..i was in love with THIS arjun and purvi..and m happy that we have ur RS FF..
ahaa JrLosker...captain karan just need to leave arjun and purvi alone for some time๐Ÿ˜†
THANKYOU again for this lovely weekend treat laurie..
this made my dayy๐Ÿ˜›
Ashlaika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Laurie - Loved the chapter!!!

I hope we get detective Arjun... would love for him to figure it out! The K.D - P.D Connection!

Sooo... who was the plain Jane that drugged Purvi... how is this plain jane and the one who shall not be named connected and found each other?  More soo... how is Plain Jane and Karan connected?! I guess to find out we need to read the next chapters! I'm SOOO Looking fwd to them :D.

She blushed, he blushed and I blushed.  She blinked, he blinked and I blkined!!! I was with them and with the story the entire way... what a beautiful journey u took us on today! Loved it.

But but but - I agree with Jags (ashvikluverrr) comment about being alone for sometime... what does a guy have to do to get some alone time with his girl? AWAY from Captain Karan ๐Ÿคฃ. 

Loved it Laurie... ur touches, ur style, ur essence and our REAL ArVi!

rati_arvifan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
this part also nice loved it..
-Latty- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Laurie it was a simply awesome part๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

i could imagine our AK drooling over his love purvi after looking her in new avatar...

loved every bit of ur update...๐Ÿ˜Š

purvi was the savior of arjun๐Ÿ˜Š our arjun forgot his presentation...๐Ÿคฃ
but its not his fault our beautiful asha is a stunner and anyone can get attract towards her and lost in her beauty๐Ÿ˜‰

'dhaam chaaraaz'๐Ÿ˜ณ
thanx for the lovely update dear...๐Ÿ˜Š
brilliant job๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ