The Raging Storm (ARVI) - Chpt 22 - Page 98

Axiom thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

"I have become my own version of an optimist. If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door - or I'll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present."  Rabindranath Tagore

My story, the Raging Storm, is a celebration of the love and magic created between Arjun (Rithvik Dhanjani) and Purvi (Asha Negi). Their attraction and love for each other on this show has stood out for me like none before and this is my little tribute to their work.

This tale picks up after Manav's party to celebrate Ovi and Arjun's engagement. From there, things take a different twist. All the characters retain their same elements with a few new friends added into the mix.

I'm new to writing fan fiction and I will try to keep it as short as I can but sometimes my words run away from me. Honest feedback is always welcomed and I thank you all for going on this journey with me. 

I hope this story moves you the way their love has moved me.

Much luv - Laurie  πŸ€—

Chapter 1   -  Page 1    -  Since You've Been Gone

Chapter 2   -  Page 3    -  Fix You

Chapter 3   -  Page 7    -  And It's No Sacrifice At All

Chapter 4   -  Page 15   -  Careless Whisper

Chapter 5   -  Page 19   -  Seven Senses and Sensibilities β­οΈ

Chapter 6   -  Page 27   -  Magic Man

Chapter 7   -  Page 32   -  Change of Planes

Chapter 8   -  Page 39   -  Somewhere Only We Know

Chapter 9   -  Page 46   -  The Magic Faraway Flats

Chapter 10  - Page 49   -  The Tower Beckons 

Chapter 11  - Page 53   -  Sweet Dreams are Made of These

Chapter 12  - Page 59   -  Out On The Town

Chapter 13  - Page 62   -  Eye of The Tiger

Chapter 14  - Page 64   -  Rest and Relaxation? 

Chapter 15  -  Page 67  -  What Makes You Beautiful

Chapter 16  -  Page 69  -  The Bollywood Boudoir

Chapter 17  -  Page 76  -  Close Encounters of The Strange Kind

Chapter 18  -  Page 81  -  Tum Ho

Chapter 19  -  Page 89  -  Clash of the Titans

Chapter 20  -  Page 93  -  Revelations

Chapter 21  -  Page 95  -  Je Veux Que Tu Saches (I Want You To Know)

Chapter 22  -  Page 98  -  Coming Into Her Own

No infringement is intended on any character, song, lyrics or clips used in this story. 
Edited by Axiom - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Axiom thumbnail

Chapter 1 - Since You've Been Gone [Purvi]

Karma Group of Companies - Mumbai  - Friday - 11:00 pm

'It's been exactly three months and four days since I told him that I didn't want to be with him.' Purvi thought as she finished up her contracts for the day. 'Three months and four days since my world went black; since I told Arjun our relationship was over and he was supposed to be with Ovi. Three months and four days since I sent him back to Canada with her.'

It was really late and everyone else had already gone home for the day. Purvi had accepted a new job as the managing director with the Karma Group of companies after Arjun had left for Canada with Ovi. Although she had never met the owner, she was courted by one of his aides for several days and then they made her an offer she couldn't refuse. She wanted to get away from Arjun so she asked D.K. to convince Arjun to revoke the power of attorney and she left the company.

Purvi wanted to make sure all the contracts had been finalized before she left that night. She had been working on these contracts for the past three weeks and was glad they were finally coming to a close. These particular contracts were for projects in Pune and the entire time she handled these cases all she could think of was the conference she and Arjun attended over six months ago.

"That was when he bought me that beautiful blue sari, when held me close in his arms and looked at me as if I was the only girl in the world." Purvi reminisced sadly. She gave herself a mental shake and chided inwardly, "Get a hold of yourself Purvi! You put him in his place, remember?  You told him that you didn't love him, didn't feel anything for him. You set him free to be with his Ovi!"

She felt a little light headed so she stood up from her desk. "I shouldn't have skipped dinner. Aai would be upset with me if she knew that I wasn't taking proper care of myself." She shook her head to refocus her mind to the task at hand.

She reached over the desk to grab a pen and her hand brushed a framed picture of her aai that she kept on her desk. She gazed at the picture and the tears immediately stung her eyes. It wasn't just a picture of her aai; underneath Purvi had placed the only momento she had kept of her time with Arjun.

It was the picture taken of the two of them at the dhaaba on the way to the conference in Pune.  It was one of the happiest times in her life and she kept the picture hidden there as a reminder of how close Arjun was to her heart. A picture not seen with any other eyes except her own.

The barrage of memories she usually kept at bay threatened to overwhelm her at the office. "Deep breaths, Purvi", she chanted, "In. And out. In. And out. In. And out." She closed her eyes and continued her intonation for a few more minutes.

"Oh God, it's not working!" she thought frantically. She broke out in a cold sweat and grabbed on to the back of her chair for support. "No. Please not now! Please!" she pleaded with her mind. She squeezed her eyes shut and gripped the chair harder. "Not now!"she cried.

Edited by Axiom123 - 11 years ago
nalonynnej thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Amazing first part! πŸ‘ Love how you displayed Purvi's will power and determination. Hopefully Arjun comes back saying he didn't go through with the marriage. I don't think any other guy could fill the void in Purvi's heart that he left. I hope the real PR story does not leave the seperated for three months like this. πŸ˜” 
-Nups- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Excellent writing...so professional!!!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Waiting for the next part!!!!!!! Post soon...n plz keep it all in one thread, otherwise its tough finding the threads!!!!!!😊
soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Laurie, amazing, could feel Purvi's emotions, the floodgates are about to break open.  Who is the Director of the new company, Arjun himself?  He has not left for Canada with Ovi, has he?  He couldn't bring himself to, told Ovi at the last minute before she boarded the plane perhaps and he stayed back? What a dumbo!
-Nups- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: soapwatcher1

Who is the Director of the new company, Arjun himself?  He has not left for Canada with Ovi, has he? 

The same thought crossed my mind while reading...is tt Arjun??????
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Dear Laurie,

Congratulations! You have a real flair for fiction, and not just for wicked humour. I truly like your writing style, it  is spare and yet both evocative and gripping. I am waiting eagerly  for Part 2 and then 3. Don't take too long!

I am NOT going to speculate about who is what; to reveal all that when you choose and how you choose is your privilege. But do hurry up!

Shyamala

Originally posted by: Axiom123

Chapter 1 - Anxiety [Purvi]

Karma Group of Companies - Mumbai  - Friday - 11:00 pm

'It's been exactly three months and four days since I told him that I didn't want to be with him.' Purvi thought as she finished up her contracts for the day. 'Three months and four days since my world went black; since I told Arjun our relationship was over and he was supposed to be with Ovi. Three months and four days since I sent him back to Canada with her.'

It was really late and everyone else had already gone home for the day. Purvi had accepted a new job as the managing director with the Karma Group of companies after Arjun had left for Canada with Ovi. Although she had never met the owner, she was courted by one of his aides for several days and then they made her an offer she couldn't refuse. She wanted to get away from Arjun so she asked D.K. to convince Arjun to revoke the power of attorney and she left the company.

Purvi wanted to make sure all the contracts had been finalized before she left that night. She had been working on these contracts for the past three weeks and was glad they were finally coming to a close. These particular contracts were for projects in Pune and the entire time she handled these cases all she could think of was the conference she and Arjun attended over six months ago.

"That was when he bought me that beautiful blue sari, when held me close in his arms and looked at me as if I was the only girl in the world." Purvi reminisced sadly. She gave herself a mental shake and chided inwardly, "Get a hold of yourself Purvi! You put him in his place, remember?  You told him that you didn't love him, didn't feel anything for him. You set him free to be with his Ovi!"

She felt a little light headed so she stood up from her desk. "I shouldn't have skipped lunch. Aai would be upset with me if she knew that I wasn't taking proper care of myself." She shook her head to refocus her mind to the task at hand.

She reached over the desk to grab a pen and her hand brushed a framed picture of her aai that she kept on her desk. She gazed at the picture and the tears immediately stung her eyes. It wasn't just a picture of her aai; underneath Purvi had placed the only momento she had kept of her time with Arjun.

It was the picture taken of the two of them at the dhaaba on the way to the conference in Pune.  It was one of the happiest times in her life and she kept the picture hidden there as a reminder of how close Arjun was to her heart. A picture not seen with any other eyes except her own.

The barrage of memories she usually kept at bay threatened to overwhelm her at the office. "Deep breaths, Purvi", she chanted, "In. And out. In. And out. In. And out." She closed her eyes and continued her intonation for a few more minutes.

"Oh God, it's not working!" she thought frantically. She broke out in a cold sweat and grabbed on to the back of her chair for support. "No. Please not now! Please!" she pleaded with her mind. She squeezed her eyes shut and gripped the chair harder. "Not now!"she cried.

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Janhvi,

I too hope so,but where was he for all of 3 months and 4 days? Rehearsing what he would tell Purvi when he finally gathered the courage to meet her again?

Shyamala

Originally posted by: soapwatcher1

Laurie, amazing, could feel Purvi's emotions, the floodgates are about to break open.  Who is the Director of the new company, Arjun himself?  He has not left for Canada with Ovi, has he?  He couldn't bring himself to, told Ovi at the last minute before she boarded the plane perhaps and he stayed back? What a dumbo!

ss4123 thumbnail
Vow Laurie, BrilliantπŸ‘! Loved your writing style 😊 ...you seem to have a flair for writing! Looking forward to hear  more...
Axiom thumbnail

Originally posted by: nalonynnej

Amazing first part! πŸ‘ Love how you displayed Purvi's will power and determination. Hopefully Arjun comes back saying he didn't go through with the marriage. I don't think any other guy could fill the void in Purvi's heart that he left. I hope the real PR story does not leave the seperated for three months like this. πŸ˜” 

Thank you for the feedback.

I will always try to do justice to these two. After all they are the reason I started watching this show.

πŸ˜›