Ameesha Patel Tweets Pics From The Set of 'Race 2'

*Aryan* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Ameesha Patel was shooting with Anil Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan yesterday for a sequence in Hagia Sophia, Istanbul, Turkey. She plays the role of Robert D'Costa's assistant in the sequel. Apparently her role will have shades of grey, unlike Sameera Reddy in the prequel. Race 2 will be Ameesha's second film with Abbas-Mustan after Humraaz. Interestingly, they are working together for the first time after a decade since its release.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
so she is replacing sameera reddy! 👎🏼 God attimes i get shocked remembering her debut and where she has landed now. Good lord!

So the movie is basically about deepu-saif-jacki-john and to some extent anil! Bring it onnn!
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Robert D'Costa's assistant? I hope her role is better than Sameera's in Race.

She looks pretty btw.
HaHaHeHe-Hupp thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
she looks good always .thing in her that i dislike is to be her sobbing . she sobs like she is taking last breath...
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
she looks like a grandma. and judging by the cast and the genre this movie will be a flop just like players, tezz etc.
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Even though I never liked her... I have to admit she was good in Humraaz. This is going to be the second time she's working with abaas-mastan, they bring the best out of her
*Aryan* thumbnail

Originally posted by: Koizakapoor

so she is replacing sameera reddy! 👎🏼 God attimes i get shocked remembering her debut and where she has landed now. Good lord!

So the movie is basically about deepu-saif-jacki-john and to some extent anil! Bring it onnn!

It could be an interesting role, as her role will be meatier than Sameera's in the original. Also I don't think Abbas-Mustan would give her a raw deal since they worked with her before. She's trying to resurrect her career so I'm sure that she's picking her roles carefully, even if they're not main leads. Even Anil is playing third fiddle to Saif and John, that doesn't make his role any less interesting. He was the show stealer in the prequel.
DulceTentacion. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I have that scarf  😆 

*Aryan* thumbnail
Frankly speaking, even though Ameesha is nowhere in the top league, I feel that she has a chance of bagging more interesting roles than the regular A-listers. Since she is not the flavor of the season or charging crores for advertisements, I think that experimental filmmakers who are on a budget won't be afraid to approach her.

For all I know, she could well be the surprise package of Race 2. Even though she's not playing the main lead, Kareena or Priyanka won't ever agree to play a smaller role than their juniors and they're probably missing out on a very interesting role. Playing second or third fiddle is not an issue in Hollywood as much as it is in Bollywood. You see A-listers play second fiddle to lesser successful actors, yet they manage to grab attention for their roles.

I have been pinning hopes on Ameesha for years, hoping that she would come close to KNPH's and Gadar's success some day. Even though she has a lost a major chunk of her fans through the years (for whatever reason), I'm sure that her ex-fans will be happy to see her finally renew her success. I sincerely hope that she has made the right decisions, and that her roles in Race 2, Shortcut Romeo, Bhaiyyaji Superhit and Paradise Street will put her career back on track. It's about damn time!