Afsar Bitiya

Support Act-Delhi Times~Shivshakti Sachdev~

-Sachin- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hi Friends!!!

This An Article In Delhi Times Dated 20 May2012 mentioning Shivshakti Sachdev Of Afsar Bitiya.

SUPPORT ACT

They add another layer of interest to the script. Meet Tellyland's character artistes

Ano Patel 

More often than not, it's the lead pair or the villain in a TV show who walks away with all the accolades. But if you ask the audiences, there are certain other characters who manage to create a long-lasting impression. Your favourite show might not be the same without their presence. Character actors on small screen are back in demand, and how! Their growing importance is making storytellers sketch special roles to take the story forward. 
    Some character actors who have added a lot of value to the current shows with their strong performances include Jaswant Menaria (Shakti Singh of "Mann Ki Awaaz Pratigya"), Vishal Malhotra (Dr Ranganath of "Kuch Toh Log Kahenge"), Shritama Mukherjee (Rajkumari Jainandini of "Dekha Ek Khwab"), Shivshakti Sachdev (Pinky Bihari Raj of "Afsar Bitiya") and Iqbal Khan (Viren Roy of "Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli"). 
    On the importance of character artistes in a telly script, Rucha Hasabnis aka Rashi bahu of "Saath Nibhana Saathiya" says, "Strong characters take a story forward. Whether it is Tapasya or Sajjan Singh — strong performances help immensely in putting up a show." Citing the example of her character, she adds, "Rashi is very sweet, but she has both negative and positive traits and is a realistic character. Any drama on the show happens because of her." 
    Agrees actor Vishal Malhotra, "Be it films or TV, I have always believed in doing characters that form the crux of the story. The current parallel love track between Ranganath and Anji is very important, as it forms the basis of comparison between the two different relationships," he says. Interestingly, character actors are becoming equally popular as the lead actors. Abhaas Mehta aka Shyam of "Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?" says, "I got a lot of hate mails for my character. That is the beauty of television. People believe in these characters so much that they take everything to heart." 
    However, there are some who believe only lead actors help in holding a show together. Iqbal Khan says, "Character actors are introduced for a brief period to link stories. Eventually, it is the story and the main leads that are most important." 
    Point taken, but love them or hate them, you cannot ignore t h e m wh e n you are glued to t h e i d i o t box.

Shivshakti Sachdev

Link:-
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=CAP/2012/05/20&PageLabel=64&EntityId=Ar06300&ViewMode=HTML

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ParulRatiShivi thumbnail
Thanx 4 sharing Shivshakti rocks...
-SilverDragon- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3