Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
So angry right now. Wish I had a flipping roti to roll out.😡 

Sheesh, what I did was call my aunt to find out the basics of the roti making deal. I then proceeded to try my hand at it. The mix seemed to be good, or so I thought, and when I finally laid it out on the tava...well...it certainly wasn't all that wonderful. So it made me wonder if the powdered milk I had added (I tend to like adding milk to somethings when I'm cooking and I didn't think far enough ahead to mix the milk with water) had done anything to the mixture. Perhaps I didn't add enough water, or maybe I should have gone back to it after letting it set for a bit and done some more kneading. I don't know. What I do know is that I tried to make both roti and puris on that day and the puris turned out better than the roti🤔 even though I didn't grind the peas enough😆. It was my first and last try making those things from scratch👎🏼

I've been to Chipotle too! Dad took me there for a father/daughter birthday dinner a few days after my birthday. I'm a foodie in general, so Mexican food, Chinese food, and everything else in between is a treat for me☺️. Back home there isn't Mexican food though, but we do have dishes that we enjoy from our indigenous peoples (fancy term for Amerindians)😆...now that I think about it, it's a wonder I'm not fat😆

sweetsampa39 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
What an explanation of making rotis,those who cant make rotis,will defo have learned it by now.Loved d way Geet impressed DK.

Gr8 update.
mayukha thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
"When she was kneading the dough she usually thought of people she was angry with"

In the initial days of my marriage ( Does it seem like I am talking about ancient civilization times.. It's only been 4 years now😆 ) the rotis turned out like frisbies. I tried all those 101 on making softer, fluffier rotis. I tried all foreign substances like warm water, milk, buttermilk, oil, ghee, sugar, salt...but realized after a year or so  that I have been missing the key ingredient...😆😆
which you all know by now, thanks to sheesh.

I am glad to have atleast 1 thing in common with geet. Between my husband and my baby, I am making more than enough rotis to feed a battallion these days 😡😡😡

Love
Mayukha
Edited by mayukha - 11 years ago
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail

Originally posted by: mayukha

"When she was kneading the dough she usually thought of people she was angry with"

I am glad to have atleast 1 thing in common with geet. Between my husband and my baby, I am making more than enough rotis to feed a battallion these days 😡😡😡

Recipe please😳
mayukha thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I think sheesh has already given a detailed description dear.
The same key ingredient will also help you in chopping up veggies at a faster rate. This especially works well for cabbage, leafy greens, beans and the like ( unless u r very keen on the shapes)
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
LOL! I do know about it helping with the vegetables. It seems cabbage is always in my hands when I have the key ingredient😆
kiran_rati thumbnail
nice update
loved geet
she is awesome
dev ki tho
thanx for the pm
cont soon
HAPPY NEW YEAR DEAR🤗
prerna1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
nice part
continue soon
crazydream thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
BEAUTIFUL UPDATE.

Amazing

Poor Geet. Kis par nikale apna gussa.
So much anger n frustration has stirred
inside her. Loved her thoughts.

Pinky broke her thoughts.
Socializing wid staffs. Liked Yash.

I found Sumthing fishy abt Naintara.
Her style n lunch wid Maan!!! Wats going on.

Geet says outright no to Maan. She
has guts to say this. Maan troubling her
again. Bechari Geet.

Writing diary. The story she writes depends
On her mood. It was gud. But y is she
Crying ???
Continue soon.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!
spvd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Happy New Year