Karisma Kapoor learns Urdu for 'Dangerous Ishq'

Posted: 12 years ago

Karisma Kapoor learns Urdu for 'Dangerous Ishq'

TNN | May 1, 2012, 04.30PM IST
Karisma Kapoor|Dangerous Ishq
Dangerous Ishq: Trailer
Dangerous Ishq: Trailer
See photo
Karisma Kapoor has been trained in 5 dialects for her upcoming film 'Dangerous Ishq'. She took various workshops to clear her diction as her role demanded it.

To get all the dialects right, she has been dubbing for two months to get it exact. Karisma had to learn urdu for the movie so she took special interest in it and used to read urdu, especially some massive phrases of the language.

It was a very unusual situation for her but she enjoyed learning as she has never done this before. She believes that it was a great learning experience for her.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
She belongs to the famous Kapoor clan of Peshawar. Why does she have to learn Urdu now. She's fine with her diction and pronunciation. She did a good job in Fiza.

guess what her famous clan speaks hindi not urdu, her ancestors were from there, but that's about it. 
but I do agree that her pronunciation/diction has always been pretty good
Karisma is a true Mumbaikar as she's called herself in interviews last year. 
Edited by ronaldinha - 12 years ago
DaddyMarvel thumbnail

Originally posted by: ronaldinha

guess what her famous clan speaks hindi not urdu, her ancestors were from there, but that's about it. 

but I do agree that her pronunciation/diction has always been pretty good
Karisma is a true Mumbaikar as she's called herself in interviews last year. 

Please read about the history of the languages. They are sister languages and their diction and pronunciation is the same. In fact, most Northern languages falling in the Hindi belt have a similar diction and pronunciation, except for certain dialects.
So? I know the languages are similar, fact still remains there is vocabulary used in Urdu that's not used in Hindi, and I believe that's what they are referring to when stating ''she had to learn Urdu''. Even Hrithik Roshan stated he had to learn Urdu for Jodhaa Akbar. 
DaddyMarvel thumbnail

So? I know the languages are similar, fact still remains there is vocabulary used in Urdu that's not used in Hindi, and I believe that's what they are referring to when stating ''she had to learn Urdu''. Even Hrithik Roshan stated he had to learn Urdu for Jodhaa Akbar. 

She's a North Indian who speaks perfect Hindi/Urdu. She doesn't need any extra homework. Her accent and diction in Fiza was perfect. That's how Delhites/Lucknow walas speak Hindi/Urdu.

Anyway, good for her.
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -Desi-IFer-

She's a North Indian who speaks perfect Hindi/Urdu. She doesn't need any extra homework. Her accent and diction in Fiza was perfect. That's how Delhites/Lucknow walas speak Hindi/Urdu.

Anyway, good for her.

Karisma Kapoor does not know how to talk in Urdu neither does her family...plus the urdu is suppose to be very authetntic due to the time period they are showing her in..

Originally posted by: -Desi-IFer-

Anyway, good for her.

Her Hindi is definitely good, she even writes her dialogues in Hindi, apart from that when Karisma says it was hard to learn Urdu for Dangerous Ishq and/or get the dialect right, as she's done in numerous interviews I believe HER. 
DaddyMarvel thumbnail

Her Hindi is definitely good, she even writes her dialogues in Hindi, apart from that when Karisma says it was hard to learn Urdu for Dangerous Ishq and/or get the dialect right, as she's done in numerous interviews I believe HER. 

Alright then. Good for her. But I still beleive iski koi khaas zaroorat nahin. Uske talaffuz o lehje mein mujhe koi khaas kasar maloom nahin hoti.

All the best!

Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

Karisma Kapoor does not know how to talk in Urdu neither does her family...plus the urdu is suppose to be very authetntic due to the time period they are showing her in..

Thank you, it's like some just don't wanna accept it, when she says she had to learn it, Nikki u and me both, we've watched numerous itnerviews on Youtube these past days where she specifically mentions how difficult it was for her, yet some just don't want to accept it.  ðŸ˜†