Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Sari-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: docgirl

🤣 . Vee, i almost choked on my dinner as I read that - so we're even! Goats works just as well --- maybe better. We in the audience are the bakris being manipulated here. 

I'm so with you girl on Khushi's soulful and strange conversations with Bakri Number 1. You do know that PETA will soon be baying for our blood for our anti-bakri stand! 😈

Here is my explanation on the Bakri scene. In most Bollywood movies, they have a conversation with their alter ago. Instead they are using Lakshmiji...😉
--Sari-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: jamba111

Phew - finally got back and glad to see you gals are still awake!!

Sheila - can I borrow your scalpel, babe? I'd like to do a little impromptu surgery on the fella that caused the fender bender and put me through all this hassle 😡

Trust me dear, these fender bender can be so annoying even if you are not the guilty party especially in our neck of the woods. Even minor traffic offenses add points, go figure...
-Jamba- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Apologies, ladies, seems everyone loved today's epi, and I  rain on the parade 😛

1. It began on such a promising note, and I actually dared hope that just this once - KSR's character wouldn't snap back to OTT comedy. As she bids goodnight to Laxmi, he realizes he's hurt her with his words, and she's staying firm on staying away. That look they almost share before each closes their eyes for the night - that was my Rabba ve moment for the day, and I settled down with real anticipation for their thoughts on yesterday's B&B almost confession.

Fool me once - shame on you, fool me twice - yadda yadda.

2. I knew it. Dear Anj couldn't resist. What was that again about the road to hell being paved with good intentions? Anj really needs to start feeling some of the less pleasant aspects of pregnancy like nausea and frequent throwing up - anything to take her mind of her brother and his wife. Unfortunately, she has nothing better to do than give ill-timed advice to KSR ...

3. ...and we're back to the 100 ways of irritating ASR. At last count - we were up to 7 or 8, and if the soap is to meander on until the infernal cricket season ends (apparently sometime next millennium), then we're doomed to go through the entire list until I'm actually cheering for team ASR the next time he's being a complete jerk with her... (well - not quite, but close enough)

4. If cricket really is such a ratings killer, can I suggest something blasphemous? Put all the daily shows on hiatus until its done - and let everyone (especially the overworked cast and crew, and the slop-for-brains scriptwriters) take a much needed break. But if other shows are doing just fine and IPK is the only one taking a hit, then FIRE the damned scriptwriters and hire someone who isn't bent on committing hara-kiri on a once popular show. 

BS and SI came through like troopers and made this palatable, 👏 ⭐️  👏 but is this whiplash what we signed up for? To be reduced to watching IPK like it was a daily dose of medicine that one has to chug down? 

5. Dear CV's, if I promise never to complain about his wardrobe again - can BS please have his two shiny polyester suits back? This was SO not what I meant when I asked for a wardrobe upgrade!! DON'T assassinate ASR's personality and sense of style just to provide a few cheap laughs. 

Anyway.

This show is starting to look like the Dow Jones index today - crashing despite the leads' best efforts. I guess the yo-yo'ing of plot lines is really stuck in my craw, though we've managed to choke it down so many times before. 

Someone needs to remind the CV's that scripts aren't supposed to be like a freaking Baskin Robbins menu. OTT comedy, romance, nafrat, drama, cricket season episodes  - with a flavor of the day special.  😕

-Vee05- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: --Sari--

Here is my explanation on the Bakri scene. In most Bollywood movies, they have a conversation with their alter ago. Instead they are using Lakshmiji...😉

LOL ...I would use a Parrot...i think they are easier to maintain and atleast in time of need will help Khushi and Arnie by repeating something that should not have been said outloud!!!
savvy05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Sheila - can I borrow your scalpel, babe? I'd like to do a little impromptu surgery on the fella that caused the fender bender and put me through all this hassle 😡

@jamba, I totally feel for you. So much hassle dealing from the insurance end, calls.. only bright spot  is that the damage is only to the car. I got in an accident 6 years ago and my minivan had to be totaled and it was not fault of ours.. luckily my family escaped unhurt. Till today hubby and I shudder to think about the follow up that needed to be done regarding insurance, accident report...
Edited by savvy05 - 12 years ago
-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Hi Girls...What a lovely concert...The lead cellist was too good...👏👏👏

Have to leave at 6:15 AM tomorrow for an early morning global video meeting...So got to run again now ...

Have just caught up with a few posts today...

Sari...I think Khushi will come back to "loving" Arnie in a sane manner oncethis hyper reaction is over...Sh ehas to fall in lovewith Arnie completely before teh 6 months are over...So I am keeping the faith...

Ratna..thanks for the message about Diya...I will reach outto her...

Will try and come back...not sure ifI will be able to...

Edited by -Sush- - 12 years ago
bikerider thumbnail
i just plain simple loved the epi,  ASR has always been incapable of showing emotions lovely one and receiving love 😳  so nicely done.
hehe loved the side look given by young Arnav, CVs do know how to tease us.

yesterday yet again confirmed why i like IPK above all other shows believe me i did try watching other show but none of them ever caught my attention so long .  So ASR is incapable of taking and giving love a  journey both Arhi will go through so that she can teach him to take love and give 😍 this is his birth technical kharabi nothing to do with his mom , aww excellent job by CVs. because irrespective of shyam truth or their past. kushi has a very big task of making him comfortable.

And he does not trust people easily so whole shyam stuff is part over there.  initially i had a concern what once shyam truth is revealed after yestarday epi i am relieved 😆   arhi are enough for their own love story .

@sush i so agree with you hehe her swami was irritating to him and he said LG is better than swami, he loves her calling him LG 😉
and yeah he waited for her 😳

@sari haha so true he sure knows that he can take all her silliness but no silence from her,   he is used to having the sunshine in his life .
loved his concenr that she can see with dupatta on her head 🤣
he knows his wife is clumsy

-Vee05- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

3. ...and we're back to the 100 ways of irritating ASR. At last count - we were up to 7 or 8, and if the soap is to meander on until the infernal cricket season ends (apparently sometime next millennium), then we're doomed to go through the entire list until I'm actually cheering for team ASR the next time he's being a complete jerk with her... (well - not quite, but close enough) Yeh the notebook coming back to life that too from under her blanket was a downer...does anyone hide their books under the blankets?????

4. If cricket really is such a ratings killer, can I suggest something blasphemous? Put all the daily shows on hiatus until its done - and let everyone (especially the overworked cast and crew, and the slop-for-brains scriptwriters) take a much needed break. But if other shows are doing just fine and IPK is the only one taking a hit, then FIRE the damned scriptwriters and hire someone who isn't bent on committing hara-kiri on a once popular show.  Amen to this!!!! 

5. Dear CV's, if I promise never to complain about his wardrobe again - can BS please have his two shiny polyester suits back? This was SO not what I meant when I asked for a wardrobe upgrade!! DON'T assassinate ASR's personality and sense of style just to provide a few cheap laughs.  Circus ka bandar wardrobe is what it's become!!! Oh and wer up to 3 Shiny polyester suits now!

Anyway.

This show is starting to look like the Dow Jones index today - crashing despite the leads' best efforts. I guess the yo-yo'ing of plot lines is really stuck in my craw, though we've managed to choke it down so many times before.  Sigh dont remind me girl 😭 There go al my savings down thanks to Europe 😡

Someone needs to remind the CV's that scripts aren't supposed to be like a freaking Baskin Robbins menu. OTT comedy, romance, nafrat, drama, cricket season episodes  - with a flavor of the day special.  😕 Hehehe but it wasnt that bad...unfortunately the bar is set so low right now this is nicer to watch than psycho Manorama gone wild couple of weeks ago no?

OmaRamdass thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
When i first saw the segment yesterday i was dreading to watch the episode today but what  a fantastic episode it was !!
I loved it to the max and Barun's expressions were so spot on that he made me laugh the most.
I loved Khushi's rejoicing antics when she realised she got to him 😆.

two scenes made me melt today - the part where he was watching her sleeping and the part when khushi moved the hair from his face. ❤️

Edit: oh oh and i forgot to mention - i love the little boy who played young ASR - man that kid had the attitude spot on !! even with the expressions.
Edited by OmaRamdass - 12 years ago
docgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

awww, chica  - we've missed you at the adda today. i think you need a nice glass of wine. Also, one number scalpel coming up by courier. Had my share of insurance woes, so I can totally sympathize. I had the pati's car while mine was in the shop.