Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: napstermonster

I am going to be very frank here and say i think its the fault of IF if there isn't some kind of goddamn penalty system in place. I'm writing a Fan Fiction that is getting you hits, and assuring you that the thousands of people who click on my thread are getting counted for your AD REVENUES.

When i see some movie still or one of these wedding sites or whatever being advertised next to my fan fiction, I'm not getting a penny from you, and NOR AM I ASKING FOR IT. What I do expect, however, is that my work product be PROTECTED and the forum you are offering should be secured form such thieves.

Ban the suckers, black list them, check their URL and make sure they dont sneak in under new names and IP addresses and steal from me what i made available for people to enjoy, not get their jollies from.

I am helping India Forums, I am giving this forum my work, and increasing India Forum's viewership, and some random webmaster's monthly income from ad sales. 

I deserve to know that the moderators who don't waste ONE SECOND to jump down my throat if, god forbid, a penis makes it into a Fan Fiction about adults, do the additional thing of monitoring ACTUAL PERVERTED BEHAVIOR, WHICH IS STEALING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.

Don't get me wrong because this might be a stupid fan fiction to you moderators and therefore not a book or a movie, right? But you know what? Go ahead. Write one, an original one. Its freaking hard work, its actual labor,  eye strain, mental pressure, its dedication and craftsmanship. All for no actual financial gain. But just because I'm nice, and I give this for free does  not make my original product any less valuable to me and my readers.

Also, IF,  get this - my work is copyrighted work that I spend hours over, time that is valuable to me.  My work is a product of my college education and my years of reading literature, my analytical and writing skills and my imagination

What I prepare is offered for free because I want to have my friends enjoy my creation and be inspired by them. The people who read work, ANYONE'S work, who offer their encouragement through likes and comments, you owe them the protection of making sure they arent BEING MADE FOOLS.  And the worst thing is that Fan Fictions are serial stories. to pretend to write one chapter and then say ha ha, I'll update after 30 pages, and then to sit back and watch decent, sweet nice readers write and write and sweat and wait for their updates when they could have gone out and spent 5 bucks and bought the original, better book? Its SICK.

I write here, and I want anyone who reads me to enjoy my work, comment on it, maybe even guide me by giving me their ciritcisms.  But I dont offer it for thieves who saunter in and think they are the SHIT by stealing someone's effort and passing it off as their own. And I would be FURIOUS if my work, and the comments of my readers, got stolen by such a sick creepy person.

IF needs to do something more than closing a damn thread so it can be reopened later. Where is the indignation and burning hatred and immediate rude commentary and pitchforks that the mention of a breast or a dick in a fan fic, or reading about two consenting adults enjoying a love life inspires?

WORD. and then some
anjaani07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I just came across this thread and have scanned thru most of it, it actually scares me a little to see how much plagarism is going on the forum, not just from IF to other sites but from other sources to IF as well?!

Don't really have anythin new to add to the comments except that as a writer it takes a lot out of you to create something that can be read effortlessly and enjoyed by others so the thought that someone can effectively just steal our hard work and claim it as their own makes me feel sick.

I tend to put a 'nocopy' code on all my work but I know that if you check posts on an iPhone (im posting this from mine right now!) then that function doesn't work so I guess if someone really wanted to steal something they can still do it. Im not sure what the process is to deal with these people but just closing the thread isn't enough of a deterrence in my opinion. Someone suggested closing the account but even that might not stop some.

I think a good idea is for people to make others aware when they find something being copied so that we can boycott the writer at least. If anyone does know of anyone like that then please PM me or scrap me so that I can remove them from my buddy list if they're on it!!Edited by anjaani07 - 12 years ago
nyc post harsh
i feel that this is unfair n i never knew about this :):):) 
i feel really srry 4 the FF writers that take time out 2 mke lovely FF's 4 us n they get less likes n comments where as other FF writers just copy n paste 

also from now onwards i am going 2 commment n like all the newbie's FF as they make it up on there own ðŸ˜Š
...shruti... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
OMG i didnt know about that 
whoever is doing this stuff should not do it
seriously there are some people who are officially good n word hard on their writes n somebody is just copying n pasting 
its too bad 
i only take pictures of arhi scenes but i wont like it if anybody doesn't gimme credit n use the pics
n some actions should be taken

thanxx karisma for letting me knw abt this
Edited by Shruti_P - 12 years ago
oh.petite.one thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
wow... so many copied works... and on top of that she asks for 250 likes and 30 pages of comments to continue
-carpediem- thumbnail
Agree with u.plagalarism is absolutely not fair n should be stopped by any means,so i support u in this campaign
asumi thumbnail

Originally posted by: AngelTeen

WHAT THE!

The 'No Copy' thing works only for the first page or what?! :s :/

yeah it is working only on 1st page!!! just noticed! :\
moonlight99 thumbnail
Wow I didn't know this was happening and I would definitely hate it if something like this happens to my work of any type. I appreciate how some people take time out to write these stories and the only reason i even come to the forum is to read some of the amazing writers here. Its very sad that some people don't have a conscience and just for a few likes and comments they copy everything. Very sad.
naddiya26 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: oh.petite.one

wow... so many copied works... and on top of that she asks for 250 likes and 30 pages of comments to continue

see  how good girl ia m i never ask for likes or comment as i call my stuff rubbish 
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I dont participate much in the forum discussions in the IPKKND forum, but I do make it a point read a few FFS and follow them religiously.

Although Im not a writer myself I can only imagine the effort, time, loyalty dedication to write something. And writing FFs in a forum doesnt pay, these people do it for the 'love' of it.

So its absolutely atrocious that plagarism is prevalent in this forum. Plagarism is not something that should be taken lightly, in simple terms its stealing. People get sued for millions and even go to prison for plagarism. So we need strict guidelines in place to deal with offenders, such members should be given a warning in the first instance and a ban for any repeated offence.
Edited by Naach_Basanti - 12 years ago