FF WRITERS: Why such sophomoric attitude?! NOTEp.70

-_-harsh42 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
Related to the writings based on Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. . . .

(And Fan Fictions, in general!)

This is solely directed towards the writers who copy and paste the works of other authors, from other forums. If you're not one among them, you wouldn't, of course, be offended!! (So, no bashing) 😳

But please do read ahead, and let me know your views. . . 😊

Mods: If you think this post is unrelated and unnecessary, please do close this. . . ðŸ˜³

There are numerous writers in our forum, who are inspired so much by IPKKND, that they cannot help, but pen down (OR type and post it here) the ideas regarding ArHi, that keep flashing in their heads! Happens to me all the time!! 😃

But are some of us writers who plagiarize in this forum (plagiarize, being the key word here), so infantile, that they actually do it?! 😲

Either they think the readers are daffy, or they are so desperate to be recognized by fellow IPKKNDians, that they very neatly copy stuff from elsewhere, paste it, change the names, and post it here! Without even an itty-bitty of a prickling in their conscience!! 🤢

Quite obviously, they don't feel anything when any of the reader appreciates their work (Of copy-pasting!) And trust me, being a writer-of-sorts myself, I do know how much of an overwhelming feeling it is, when one says you are doing a decent job. . . 😳

I honestly find this whole plagiarizing, very pathetic, and schoolish! 😲  🤔

And
doing this time, and again, even after so many warnings, just gives the idea of what kind of human beings they are! (Or not, in their case!) 😒

Do let me know what you think of this. . . . . 😳
Edited by -_-harsh42 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bunny_Bear thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I agree with you. These persons must be given a lesson.. There are very talented out there who spend time to write each and every update and do not get recognition while these people get away easily without a prick in their conscience...
--Siva-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Totally fair!

As a reader, I felt disgusted on the writer and myself after I come to know that FF or anything of that matter is plagiarized. I feel as if I'm being cheated! 

I know some writers(Only some!!) openly say this is based on some books and movies.. So I stop myself from knowing about that original works since it would make me lose my interest here..! I really want to acknowledge those genuine writers!! 

Word by word copy! And we praise it for it beauty without knowing the truth..! Disgusting man!
Addie07 thumbnail
Much needed post at this point harshu!!!

Every writer puts in a lot of effort in their writings.. it is not fair on that writer when someone copy pastes something word to word from a novel which has been professionally written and edited...

These writers take the appreciation while there are some new writers who are good and yet not recognized among the best. 
This is the requests from us writers, do not support plagiarism.. Do not encourage such writers by liking ad commenting on their works..
 For all those who come across plagiarized work, complain here
TheFaerieQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I agree...for example Mishti in her every spoiler say not to post it anywhere but someone regularly copy it and place it on FB.
AngelTeen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Wow.

I dont know about this but if people are indeed doing this, then they should just respect their own selves and stop.

Cheating anyone, stealing their work is stepping on their respect as well as your decency.

Good post, Harshu. :)
LivingInPajamas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
As a writer it would horribly prick my conscience if I use someone else's works as my own!People who do it-I frankly feel sorry for you.It is disgusting.I remember seeing a work from this website being copied to another-word to word and it was shameful how the writer enjoyed comments without being sorry at all.Even if 30 people like my original work I dont mind-a good writer writes for the love of it without looking once at how many praise it.If I write I will write for myself-for the 30 people who like it or comment.Somehow even if I try out a small idea from something I have read-it doesn't feel like my own!

Agree to your post-thankyou for bringing this up😳

MsCeylon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Owww Never new that something like that was going on

I remember when one of my favorite writers had a problem when her FF was copied and posted elsewhere without her permission... But fictions from other forums being pasted here is definitely news to me...

shocking indeed ðŸ˜²

Hope the people who are doing this understands the gravity of their mistake

Plagiarism is a fancy word for stealing. And we have thieves in the forum... makes me wonder how safe everyone's work is.

It takes hours upon hours to come up with the right words, the exact feel for a scene a dialogue, constant editing and rewriting, developing of plots and characters, humanizing, demonizing, putting yourself in the shoes of rape victims, witnesses of death and destruction to come up with what writers come up with. Stealing some ones brain child is NOT on.
-_-harsh42 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Bunny_Bear

I agree with you. These persons must be given a lesson.. There are very talented out there who spend time to write each and every update and do not get recognition while these people get away easily without a prick in their conscience...

Sadly, no amount of warning seems to be effective. . . . 😒

Thanks for sharing your views, bunnybear 😊