Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Was it Kripacharya?
Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Okay, here's the next one...

In whose care did Yudhisthir leave both Parikshit and Vajra when the Pandavas decided to retire following the Yadava fratricide?

Not sure about this one but will try to guess.

Kripacharya or maybe Sage Sandilya?

Among the elders I do not know who were left and who left (for the forests).

By the way, I'm back. 🤗 Again.  😉
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Vibhishna

By the way, I'm back. 🤗 Again.  😉

Welcome . Again. 😛
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Vibs, welcome back!

LJR & Vibs

Neither is right.  Try again.

When Parikshit was crowned, Kripacharya was just re-instated as kulguru but he was not made Parikshit's guru.  Just like Kripacharya was not mentioned to be the guru of Dhritarashtra & Pandu, just their sons.  Parikshit was already 36 when he became king, so I doubt Yudhisthir would be putting him under anyone else's tutelage.
varaali thumbnail
The answer is Yuyutsu 

My question :

We know that in the 10th  chapter of Bhagavat Gita, Sri Krishna describes  himself as being an embodiment of various elements. For instance, Krishna says, " Among the Vedas, I am Sama, among the Devas, I am Indra"...etc. 

Similarly among the Secrets / Secrecy , what does he describe Himself to be? 
Edited by varaali - 12 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Again, no!  Yudhisthir didn't leave Yuyutsu in charge of Vajra.

Your new question can go ahead, but the answer is Subhadra.  From the first chapter in Mahaprasthanika Parva

Installing Parikshit also on their throne, as king, the eldest brother of the Pandavas, filled with sorrow, addressed Subhadra, saying, 'This son of thy son will be the king of the Kurus. The survivor of the Yadus, Vajra, has been made a king. Parikshit will rule in Hastinapura, while the Yadava prince, Vajra, will rule in Shakraprastha. He should be protected by thee. Never set thy heart on unrighteousness.'

varaali thumbnail
Vrish,

Sorry. I was presumptuous enough to think my answer was correct, so I went ahead and asked the next question. In fact I was wavering b/w Yuyutsu and Kripacharya and when you ruled out Kripacharya, I though Yuyutsu was the right answer. 

Anyway, here's  my question once again:

We know that in the 10th  chapter of Bhagavat Gita, Sri Krishna describes  himself as being an embodiment of various elements. For instance, Krishna says, " Among the Vedas, I am Sama, among the Devas, I am Indra"...etc. 

Similarly among the Secrets / Secrecy , what does he describe Himself to be

Go on.. someone take a shot... it should not be too difficult...

Edited by varaali - 12 years ago
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: varaali

Vrish,

Sorry. I was presumptuous enough to think my answer was correct, so I went ahead and asked the next question. In fact I was wavering b/w Yuyutsu and Kripacharya and when you ruled out Kripacharya, I though Yuyutsu was the right answer. 

Anyway, here's  my question once again:

Similarly among the Secrets / Secrecy , what does he describe Himself to be

Go on.. someone take a shot... it should not be too difficult...

So happy to see question from Geeta. Do ask more from it. I will be enjoying the quiz.

It is SILENCE. In the matters to be kept secret or kept as secret, the silence itself (which is the essence of such action) is MYSELF (God says).

Maunam Chaivasmi Guhyanam (vibhooti of virtue of silence).

Next question is yours only.
Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
varaali thumbnail
Beautiful . Excellent. 👏 Very good explanation too. 👏 I knew you would get it. 👏
varaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShivangBuch

So happy to see question from Geeta. Do ask more from it. I will be enjoying the quiz.

Since you asked for it... here's another one: ( easy..) 

In one of the chapters, Sri Krishna describes an  Ashwatha tree. What is so unique about it? 

(Bonus point if you get the chapter and shloka correct...😆)