Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
In the Ramayan, which king & his retinue turned into women, and had to perform an Ashwamedha yagna in order to turn back into men?
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

In the Ramayan, which king & his retinue turned into women, and had to perform an Ashwamedha yagna in order to turn back into men?

If they had changed into women, how could they perform the Ashwamedh Yagna ? AFAIK, Ashwamedh Yagna could be performed by kings accompanied by his queen/s. Not by women themselves. 

Anyway, the answer would be interestng. 

Vr15h thumbnail
The change wasn't permanent - the king in question would become a woman for a few months, then again a man, and hence, was capable of doing the yagna.  He was also helped in this task by his husband, another king, to whom he bore a child who was handed over to this king once his yagna was successful.

Others, any guesses?
Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

King Ila?
Vr15h thumbnail
Correct!  Next question is yours.

Details of background story - see here
Vr15h thumbnail

Originally posted by: varaali

Here's a new thread to infuse some excitement into the forum. The purpose of initiating this thread is three fold-

1. The PH of  this serial seems to have abandoned the authentic stories of Krishna as narrated in our scriptures.
  2. There are hardly any participants left in the forum - thanks to (1) above.
  3. To have some fun and at the same time enhance our knowledge
Basically, this is a simple question - answer quiz game. Whoever answers correctly first, gets to set the next question. The questions should be primarily on Krishna / Dwapara Yuga ; we can however also include other mythological questions. 

At this point, given that this thread has moved from DBSK to here, the questions can be on any mythology, not just DBSK.  (I'll leave it to Varaali on whether to allow Greek or Norse mythology here 😆)
Vibhishna thumbnail
Yay! I finally got one right. I was beginning to think I was losing touch.

Anyway, my question may be simple and many may know the answer. But it would be good to brush up the names 😉

Name all of Vishnu's weapons. Please put in their names not just what they are - not just discuss, etc. but their names.

Hint: As the conch cannot be considered a weapon, there are 4 weapons he holds in total.

varaali thumbnail
Let's see if I get it right:

Mace :     Kaumodaki
Sword :   Nandaka
Discus :  Sudarshana
Bow :       Sharanga

varaali thumbnail

At this point, given that this thread has moved from DBSK to here, the questions can be on any mythology, not just DBSK.  (I'll leave it to Varaali on whether to allow Greek or Norse mythology here 😆)

Yeah, this thread is buzzing with activity...we already know so much about our own mythology...let's delve into Greek / Roman / Norse to make this slightly more difficult.  ðŸ˜²
Vibhishna thumbnail

Originally posted by: varaali

Let's see if I get it right:

Mace :     Kaumodaki
Sword :   Nandaka
Discus :  Sudarshana
Bow :       Sharanga

Great!

The next question is yours.

P.S. I warmly welcome the idea of involving the myths from other countries as well. It would be so much fun and we can learn a lot too.