Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

alu5123 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Beautiful update, love Gudiya Kapoor but poor Ram...
LalitaLahiri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter 5

Ram  had  utilized  the  day  in  conversing  with  his  step  mom  and  sister.  Though  he  had  not  gained  any  additional  information,  the  belief  that  they  did  not  actually  care  for  him  and  wanted  his  marriage  to  break,  was  reinforced  many  times  over.  He  was  sure  of  that.  Now  he  needed  further  information  on  what  was  happening  in  his  office  where  so  many  powers  were  delegated  to  these  family  members.  And  more  importantly,  he  needed  to  know  who  had  made  that  phone  call  to  him  and  who  had  struck  the  blow.  Somehow  he  believed  that  the  call  had  been  from  a  genuine  well  wisher.  The  voice  had  been  too  courteous  and  gentle.  And  had  even  warned  him  against  his  step  family.  He  had  asked  his  assistant  to  get  him a new  phone  the  next  morning  with  all  his  contacts  and  important  information  updated.  The  previous  one  could  not  be  found  after  the  attack  on  him.  But  he  didn't  think  it  was  related  to  the  incident.  It  was  an  expensive  phone  and  would  have  been  picked  up  by  any  passerby.  He  needed  one  more  night  ..  with  an  intoxicated  Mamaji  and  Sid  to  collect  as  much  information  as  he  could  before  he  winded  up  this  drama.

I  really  must  have  done  something  bad  in  my  previous  life,  he  thought  wryly.  My  own  mother  deserted  me  and  then  my  step  family  whom  I  loved  so  much  also  hoodwinked  me  for  so  many  years.  He  remained  pensive  and  silent  for  some  time. 

He  wanted  to  respond  to  the  email  …  but  anyways  Priya  would  access  it  the  next  day  only.  Was  there  any  way  he  could  pull  off  something  in  front  of  Niharikaji  and  manage  to  have  Priya  in  his  arms  for  a  brief  moment?  Mamaji  was  also  on  his  way  up  …  what  could  he  do?

He  knew  Niharika  and  Shiney  totally  believed  in  his  partial  amnesia  act.  Was  there  any  incident  during  his  marriage,  which  had  taken  place  supposedly  just  a  week  back,  and  which  he  could  utilize  to  his  own  advantage  now?

He  thought  for  some  time.  And  yes.  He  had  an  idea.  A  bumper  idea.  Somehow  just  the  thought  of  Priya  in  his  arms  seemed  to  instigate  his  thinking  buds. He  was  sure  he  had  never  behaved  like  this  before  Priya  came  into  his  life.

He  opened  his  laptop.  Niharika  was  busy  watching  the  fashion  show.  He  took  a  piece  of  paper  from  the  side  table  and  placed  it  on  the  keyboard  and  started  writing  on  it,  under  the  cover  of  the  laptop  screen.

My  love,

I  will  respond  to  your  email  later.  And  explain  many  things  over  and  over  practically  so  that  you  never  have  have  to  say  "I  don't  know  why"  ever  again.

Now, ask  Neha  to  give  a  call  on  your  phone  …  and  disconnect.  You  hand  over  the  phone  to  me  and  say  that  a  lady  wants  to  speak  to  me.

And  don't  forget  to  shred  this  paper. 

Ram  didn't  dare  to  add  anything  more.  Mamaji  would  come  up  soon  and  he  was  sharper  than  his  sister.    Priya  was  stealing  glances  at  him  from  over  the  top  of  her  notebook.  He  indicated  the  piece  of  paper  and  then  hid  it  in  his  pocket  and  went  to  the  washroom.

One  of  Priya's  nightgowns  was  hanging  behind  the  door.  He  slipped  the  piece  of  paper  in  a  pocket  of  the  nightgown  and  came  out  and  sat  down  to  do  some  work  again.

After  five  long  minutes,  Priya  got  up  and  went  to  the  washroom  too.  She  found  the  note  almost  immediately.  She  read  it  over  and  over  again  but  could  not  shred  it.  "My  love"  these  words  in  Ram's  writing  were  so  precious.  This  was  her  husband's  first  letter  to  her.  She  read  it  once  more  and  came  out  of  the  washroom.  She  opened  Ram's  wardrobe  and  hid  the  piece  of  paper  in  Ram's  chocolate  box. Now  this  chocolate  box was  special  for  her  too.

Ram  prayed  that  Mamaji  would  not  enter  before  Priya  had  managed  to  do  what  he'd  asked.  He  started  discussing  the  fashion  show  with  his  mom.  From  the  corner  of  his  eyes,  he  saw  Priya  come  out  and  settle  herself  on  the  couch  again  and  pick  up  her  pen.  Then  she  put  down  her  pen,  took  up  her  cell  and  typed  a  message.

Within  a  few  minutes,  there  was  a  call  on  her  phone.

Priya  :  Hello

……

Priya  :  Haan  ji,  this  is  Mr.  Priya  Kapoor.  May  I  know  who's  speaking?

….

Priya  :  Yes,  Mr.  Kapoor's  phone  is  not  working  now.  Yes,  of  course  you  can  speak  to  him.

Niharika  and  Ram  were  both  looking  at  Priya.  Niharika  put  the  television  on  mute. Priya  got  up  from  the  couch  and  walked  to  the  bed  handing  out  the  phone  to  Ram.

Priya  :  Mr.  Kapoor,  koi  Ms.  Malhotra  ka  phone  hai.  She's  been  trying  to  contact  you  par  aapka  number  nahin  lag  raha  hai.

Ram  took  the  phone  and  swiftly  switched  it  off.  He  could  not  afford  to  have  the  phone  suddenly  ring  whilst  he  was  on  his  pretend  call.

Ram  :  Hello  !  Yes?

……

Ram  :  What?  How  did  you  get  this  number?

……

Ram  :  Australia?

Ram  paced  the  room  angrily  and  then  walked  out  of  the  room,  still  talking.

Priya  gave  a  shrug  and  walked  back  to  the  couch.  Niharika  switched  off  the  TV  and  stood  up,  tensed.  Mamaji  also  came  into  the  room.  He  looked  around  for  Ram  and  was  surprised  to  see  Niharika  standing  by  the  door  looking  worried. 

After  a  few  minutes  Ram  came  back  to  the  room.  He  was  totally  disturbed,  sweating  profusely.  And  in  a  very  foul  mood.

Ram  :  Ma  ….  then  he  looked  towards  Priya  and  stopped.

Ram  :  Priya,  if  you  don't  mind,  I  need  to  speak  to  Ma  and  Mamaji  for  some  time,  alone.

Priya  got  up  from  the  couch  :  Yes  of  course  Mr.  Kapoor.  I'll  go  down  to  Daadi  and  when  …..

Ram,  interrupted  :  No,  I  think,  you  stay  here.  Ma,  Mamaji  please  come  with  me.

He  looked  back  towards  Priya  :  Priya,  there's  a  red  office  file  there.  Can  you  please  take  that  out?

There was just a slight emphasis on the word "red".

He  didn't  wait  for  an  answer  nor  did  he  look  back.  He  walked  down  the  stairs  to  the  bar  with  Niharika  and  Shiney  following  him.  He  was  so  angry  that  his  hands  were  shaking  whilst  he  tried  to  pour  out  a  drink.  Mamaji  took  the  bottle  from  him  and  filled  three  glasses.

Niharika  :  Kya  ho  gaya  Ram?  Whose  call  was  that?  Why  are  you  so  worried?

Shiney  :  Oye  kya  hua  Ram  puttar?  Bata  toh  sahii?  Kya  hua?  Kis  ka  phone  ayaa  tha?

Ram,  almost  screamed  :  That  was  Apeksha.  I  don't  know  how  the  hell  she  got  Priya's  number.  Mamaji,  you  said  you  would  take  care  of  her.  On  the  mehendi  night,  she  managed  to  enter  my  room  in  office  and  now  she's  calling  up  Priya.  What  is  happening?  And  she  kept  on  referring  to  Australia  ….  that  what  she  didn't  manage  to  do  there,  she  would  complete  now.  She  said  she's  coming  here  tomorrow  and  will  enter  Kapoor  Mansion  at  any  cost.  What  is  happening?  Is  she  is  Australia?  And  what  did  she  try  to  do  there?

Niharika  picked  up  her  glass  and  downed  its  contents  in  a  gulp.  She  did  not  know  what  exactly  transpired  between  Ram  and  Priya  on  the  day  she  had  arranged  for  the  divorce  papers  …  but  she  felt  somehow  that  Ram  would  not  have  disclosed  the  truth  to  Priya.  At  that  time,  Ram  was  not  in  love  with  Priya  and  would  have  laid  greater  emphasis  on  his  mother's  words  that  revealing  of  this  terrible  secret  would  make  Priya  leave  him.  He  would  definitely  not  have  shared  Apeksha  and  Krishnaji's  secret  with  Priya.

But  now  things  were  different.  In  case  Apeksha  managed  to  meet  Priya  and  talk  to  her  at  length,  and  then  Ram  recovered  his  memory  and  Priya  shared  the  discussion  with  him,  that  would  mean  the  end  of  her  stay  in  Kapoor  Mansion. 

She  forgot  what  had  happened  the  last  few  days.   She  was  desperate  now.  She  tried  to  pull  her  brother  with  her  out  of  the  room.    Shiney,  the  ever  practical  man,  disengaged  his  hands  from  his  sister's  clasp,   refilled  the  two  glasses  and  then  followed  his  sister.

Shiney  :  Ram  puttar,  you  stay  here.I'll  just  settle  this  issue.  Agar  woh  kal    aa  rahi  hai,  toh  hume  abhi  usse  rokna  hoga.  We'll  just  join  you  in  10  minutes.

Ram  waited  till  his  step  mother  and  step  uncle  left  the  room.  He  walked  slowly  to  the  bottom  of  the  flight  of  stairs  leading  to  his  room.  He  looked  around  quicky  to  see  if  anyone  was  watching  and  then  ran  up  the  stairs,  taking  two  steps  at  a  time.  This  was  actually  the  first  time  he  had  run  in  his  life  …  for  as  long  as  he  could  remember.

He  entered  his  room  and  locked  the  door.  But  where  was  Priya  ? 

He  made  his  way  to  the  changing  room.    And  then  he  caught  a  glimpse  of  red.  Priya  was  standing  hidden  behind  the  open  door  of  the  wardrobe.  He  walked  to  the  wardrobe  and  closed  the  door.    Priya,  standing  in  the  red  nightgown,  covered  her  face  with  her  hands. 

Slowly  Ram  removed  her  hands  and  forced  her  to  look  up  to  him.  Priya  raised  her  face  but  kept  her  eyes  closed.

Ram  :  Mujhe  dekhogi  bhi  nahin?

Priya  shook  her  head.   

Ram  just  held  out  his  hands.  Priya  opened  her  eyes  for  a  brief  moment  and  and  buried  herself  in  his  chest.

They  had  hugged  a  few  times  earlier.    All  their  hugs  had  been  spontaneous  with  no  one  to  stop  them.  But  this  was  special  since  this  time  they  had  to  wait  for  this.  Control  their  emotions  and  wait  even  to  embrace  the  other.  Priya  could  hear  Ram's  heart  beating  wildly  against  her,  his  arms  so  fiercely  enclosing  her  that  she  felt  her  bones  would  break.  Ram  could  smell  her  sweet  fragrance,  could  feel  her  heart  pulsating  with  desire.

He  slowly  disengaged  himself  and  kissed  her,  on  her  forehead,  on  her  eyes.  Then  he  stopped.  Priya  had  her  face  upturned  towards  him,  waiting  for  the  feel  of  him  on  her  lips.  She  waited  for  some  time  and  opened  her  eyes,  wondering. 

Ram  :  Will  you  ever  tease  me  with  the  bindi  like  you  did  this  morning?

Priya  blushed.

Ram  :  No,  you  have  to  reply.  Will  you  ever  do  that  again?

Priya  shook  her  head  and  tried  to  move  closer  to  him.

Ram  smiled  at  her  and  brought  his  lips  down  to  meet  hers. Was  love  really  so  special,  so  beautiful ?

After  some  time,  they  moved  back.

Ram  :  Mujhe  jaana  hoga.  They  must  be  waiting  or  me  to  return.  And  I  have  a  lot  to  discuss  with  them  today.

Priya  nodded.

Ram  :  Tum  aaj  bhi  Daadi  ke  paas  chale  jao.  Just  for  tonight. 

Priya  nodded  again.

Ram  left  the  room.  Just  before  leaving,  he  turned  back  once  more  :  And  don't  forget  to  change  your  clothes  before  you  go.

Priya  smiled.  At  peace  after  the  turmoil  of  the  last  few  days.

Priya_Fan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
WOW! lemme read! 
then I'll comment! (But U don't reply to comments!) 
Thanks for upadating!😊

Comment

That's unexpected!! Ram using Apeksha's name? 
great... Now sure Nih will fall into hole she dug for herself!!

What Can I say about the RaYa moment!! My heartbeat was running fast when I read that!

Ab kya bolu? words hi nahi hai... toh wahi meri line bol deti hu... 'what a Fab writer u are!'👏
Edited by Priya_Fan - 12 years ago
LalitaLahiri thumbnail

Originally posted by: Priya_Fan

WOW! lemme read! 

then I'll comment! (But U don't reply to comments!) 
Thanks for upadating!😊

Comment

That's unexpected!! Ram using Apeksha's name? 
great... Now sure Nih will fall into hole she dug for herself!!

What Can I say about the RaYa moment!! My heartbeat was running fast when I read that!

Ab kya bolu? words hi nahi hai... toh wahi meri line bol deti hu... 'what a Fab writer u are!'👏

Amy, yes I do respond to comments sometimes... I remember responding to yours specifically  😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Actually when I read other FFs...when I have to go through many pages to get the next update, I get frustrated...and so I don't reply individually to all the responses and increase the pages so that the readers don't get frustrated when they try and read this.

but I read (many times over) AND TREASURE each comment, rest assured. Trust me.

And why Apeksha? I thought that was the only "jhatka" which would actually terrify niharika and hence allow RaYa a few moments together...

Priya_Fan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: LalitaLahiri

Amy, yes I do respond to comments sometimes... I remember responding to yours specifically  😭

Actually when I read other FFs...when I have to go through many pages to get the next update, I get frustrated...and so I don't reply individually to all the responses and increase the pages so that the readers don't get frustrated when they try and read this.

but I read (many times over) AND TREASURE each comment, rest assured. Trust me.

And why Apeksha? I thought that was the only "jhatka" which would actually terrify niharika and hence allow RaYa a few moments together...

so sweet of you  di!😊 
Apeksha was unexpected bcoz u have still shown Ram only doubting Nih, 
so is he trying to reconsider his feelings for Ape-KK? May be I'll get my anss in next update!
will wait😛 
Edited by Priya_Fan - 12 years ago
LalitaLahiri thumbnail

Originally posted by: Priya_Fan

so sweet of you  di!😊 
Apeksha was unexpected bcoz u have still shown Ram only doubting Nih, 
so is he trying to reconsider his feelings for Ape-KK? May be I'll get my anss in next update!
will wait😛 

Amy... he's doubting all 3 idiots and he still hates his own mom just as much...but the hug to apeksha in Oz... when he said he still loved her... i think Ram still has a soft corner for apeksha... and doesnt hate her the way he hates krishuji...

after all, she didn't leave his dad and rum away to greener pastures...
😛
chitloner thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Di,
     Love u so so so much. Was thinking of asking for ur update today and here it is. After coming from the hospital the moment I opened the web page, I found it. Awww so so so romantic. Golu ran for her. Wow!!!!!!!!!
 Ram definitely has soft corner for Apeksha. She is the one who supported his mom. She took his responsibility and had even gone to the police station for him
PoojaMishty thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Lalita Ji...
Thanks for updating..
RaYa hug.. too cute..

And Pyaar aadmi ko kya se kya bana deta hai..
Ram actually ran for Priya... 😳😉

And Ram's idea was very clever... Indeed his thinking buds are getting extra powerful for Priya..

Loved it..
Waiting for next..
Continue soon..
jakther7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
OMG Lalita di, it's amazing , loved it, hatts-off  to ur imaginary power, too good, after hospital tension & trio evil plan finally u add some romantic RaYalicious moment, u made my day, thanx 4 give us such a precious update, love u ,please keep continue, i m waiting 4 next update.
Edited by jakther - 12 years ago
salsaly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail