Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

callyd thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I am shocked that people cannot partake in healthy criticism of the show. I don't really know why some forum members take some ASR criticism so personally. We all love ASR and Khushi and sometimes the CVs mess both characters.

Right now the show is trying every possible cliche from the saas-bahu TRP generating shows to get ahead in the TRP game. Hope everything is not lost in the next couple of weeks.

Feel better after reading Zee News. Just want Khushi to stop crying and getting back to solving her problems like she always did. That includes giving ASR back. Isn't that why he respected and fell in love with her in the first place?
hukshila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
i have checked ur post at night and commented as well, there was nothing wrong with your post but there may be the other people commenting like messy and they had to close it, its a guess as  i didn't check all the comments there but normally they do close if there is some fight going on. there may be some people fighting for justifying ASR's action and the other not to. 
sameera0912 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Believe it or not I just finished reading the entire thread. Some of the posts, I can't quote all cuz they're too many, were AMAZING. ðŸ‘
And in the end when I saw that the topic was closed I was really baffled as to why. And as you mentioned, "messy, disgusting and over the top" I didn't understand that part either. ðŸĪ”
SJ, you should have expected this. You weren't drooling over Arnav and khushi and you didnt "understand" the pain Arnav went through when he kicked Khushi out!You didnt understand his warm heart when khushi was freezing out in the cold. dayum, didnt you see how slept in that recliner, oh so uncomfortably?

basically, i have found at IF, you cannot have a mature discussion that goes AGAINST the show/actors. Anything that is spoken negatively against the show/characters is classified as bashing and now " ugly and messy".  its the bullshit code of conduct. ðŸĪŠ

IF has policies where you absolutely cannot say anything beyond " what he/she/it did isnt good". the minute you have a post like "put a lipstick on, dress it up, a pig is still a pig" you have pretty much done the unspeakable and your post will get closed! It doesnt matter that people in the thread are having a sane discussion without fighting.  
there is a set of people who simply hit the report button and your thread will get closed. dont be surprised if this one does too. 
serialjunkie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: tiya229

SJ, you should have expected this. You weren't drooling over Arnav and khushi and you didnt "understand" the pain Arnav went through when he kicked Khushi out!You didnt understand his warm heart when khushi was freezing out in the cold. dayum, didnt you see how slept in that recliner, oh so uncomfortably?

basically, i have found at IF, you cannot have a mature discussion that goes AGAINST the show/actors. Anything that is spoken negatively against the show/characters is classified as bashing and now " ugly and messy".  its the bullshit code of conduct. ðŸĪŠ

IF has policies where you absolutely cannot say anything beyond " what he/she/it did isnt good". the minute you have a post like "put a lipstick on, dress it up, a pig is still a pig" you have pretty much done the unspeakable and your post will get closed! It doesnt matter that people in the thread are having a sane discussion without fighting.  
there is a set of people who simply hit the report button and your thread will get closed. dont be surprised if this one does too. 

yes, fully expecting htis one to get closed too.

on the "pig" front, its a metaphor used to say that no matter how to cloak it, ugliness of actions cannot be justified. But that kind of sophisticated thought process is too much i guess???
CDlove thumbnail

OMG I just read the thread was closed from one of the other threads you posted on and when I browsed back to the main page voila! the topic is back ON!

I was like Smriti FTW!!! 😆😉 

Mark my words Smriti, when the Monday episode airs and Arnav goes outside to sleep on the floor, he will be forgiven with open arms and all the rest of us who criticized Arnav on his friday episode actions will be asked to apologize with bended knees, eat our own words etc etc because well, he was so considerate enough to get to know his wife's pain.

I've actually already caught a couple of post heading in that direction.

On monday and most of the forum will be saying "oh poor dear!! see how much he suffers!! How can you ASR bashers say he let her sleep outside in the cold (by force) when he himself goes out willingly"

yeah thats the whole point. he forced her out because she was helpless in this case. But him staying out, that's entirely his decission. He wasn't forced againt his will by anyone.

ANyways come Monday and everyone will be busy redeeming him to remember much about Friday.

FairyLiquidSoap thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Serial even I was pretty surprised as I had wanted to post a more coherent reply this morning now that I am in a better frame of mind with my work week over and a goodnights sleep done.

There were so many thoughts going through my head and I was very upset when I saw the first part online and stopped watching the rest. I knew instinctively that when the episode would be over that 2 of you, the other being Ann would have put the right interpretation to the unease I was feeling inside and  was glad I was not over reacting in my feelings. I really don't know what was wrong in that entire thread – and some of the members made some brilliant observations and sense. I do hope the moderators are able to set things right as there was nothing in it that warranted this kind of strict action and there were so many relevant points raised and made that anyone contemplating a romantic relationship would have had such a vast treasure trove of insights to guide them before deciding on one.

I am now left with a sense of restlessness and reading all those posts in support of his actions and snidely referring to your post has left me feeling a bit queasy at the way some members seem to bully and manipulate their way around here. I don't want this post also closed so I will stop commenting about others.😊

Yes sure to shut all our mouths they will have him sleep by the swimming pool but my point is did we need this crap in the first place. I see posts that gleefully declare how he too will be sleeping by the pool to show his love My foot!  In my eyes he is just playing the role of abuser to perfection for do not all abusers also smother and shower their abused one with love after they have finished walloping them emotionally physically and verbally, which is the message that will now be going out-don't bother about self esteem respect and worth, if he throws you a scrap of love your way just wag and nod your head like a good puppy and be grateful.

This whole episode has left me with a moral dilemma- having witnessed this kind of behavior right from the start why then did I still persist in seeing this serial? Did I chose not to see the abusive pattern right from the start because I too was chasing this elusive feeling of love and this couple that made me want to believe in love again?

Rabba Ve has suddenly lost its magical touch and relevance to me and every time it happens I think this history of abuse is what will come in to my mind. Sorry CV's but you did screw it up really bad. Gul Khan talked about higher degree of passion after he realizes his mistake but I only see a perpetuation of a ground hog day kind of track where we are doomed to see the same abusive behavioral patterns replicated till kingdom come.

I can bet my last rupee that just after he comes to his own separate discovery that she is innocent she forgives, they make up and have a lovey dovey night together and the next morning even before you could say Jack Robinson whoosh Anjali reaches her own nasty conclusions, and he willingly sacrifices his feelings and Khushi will be out on her behind even before we have had time to digest the last bit of the Rabba Ve tunes in our mind and then another abusive/ hatred/ separation track starts/ Egad do I want to see this rubbish repeated till episode # 500?

SanzBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: CDlove

Mark my words Smriti, when the Monday episode airs and Arnav goes outside to sleep on the floor, he will be forgiven with open arms and all the rest of us who criticized Arnav on his friday episode actions will be asked to apologize with bended knees, eat our own words etc etc because well, he was so considerate enough to get to know his wife's pain.

I've actually already caught a couple of post heading in that direction.

On monday and most of the forum will be saying "oh poor dear!! see how much he suffers!! How can you ASR bashers say he let her sleep outside in the cold (by force) when he himself goes out willingly"

yeah thats the whole point. he forced her out because she was helpless in this case. But him staying out, that's entirely his decission. He wasn't forced againt his will by anyone.

ANyways come Monday and everyone will be busy redeeming him to remember much about Friday.

Exactly dear, its already begun.. Oh ASR is going to sleep outside, oh how can u hate him,how can u be so feminist, how cant u see his Pain(!) Blah blah..

And u know what all it needs logical outlook and casting aside ur bias to discuss ( let alone judge) any character of the show..
Edited by Doc_Manaal - 12 years ago
CDlove thumbnail

Originally posted by: FairyLiquidSoap

I can bet my last rupee that just after he comes to his own separate discovery that she is innocent she forgives, they make up and have a lovey dovey night together and the next morning even before you could say Jack Robinson whoosh Anjali reaches her own nasty conclusions, and he willingly sacrifices his feelings and Khushi will be out on her behind even before we have had time to digest the last bit of the Rabba Ve tunes in our mind and then another abusive/ hatred/ separation track starts/ Egad do I want to see this rubbish repeated till episode # 500?

I just predicted the same thing in Lyraa's post. Im going to bet everything I have, thats exactly what Arnav's going to do. He's going to choose Anjali over Kushi. But ummm Im deviating from the topic here. Will leave that to be discussed when it actually happens.

Anyways awesome post as always FLS 😉
Yummymummy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
And the countdown to this thread being closed begins...

I will get my coat.