Put Lipstick on, Dress it up, a Pig is still a Pig

serialjunkie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Folks

I have Update from mods

The previous thread was closed for using objectionable language such ah, b, f etc. let's refrain from that and if you believe you used such words please clean that. No, I personally don't care, but if that is if rules I will watch for it here and in other threads and as a good IF citizen I will  flag the threads that use such objectionable language. Thanks every one this thread might get closed if we don't clean up the language. 

---------------------------------------------
I wake up in the morning and check the other thread I had on for discussion closed. I am told the thread was "messy, disgusting and over the top". I don't understand what was messy or disgusting or over the top about it and have asked mods to help me understand why the topic was closed and which exact rules were violated.

Just because some members did not like what was being said, it does not make it ok to close the discussion. Lets wait for the mods to share what forum rules were violated in that thread and I for one will abide by the rules when it becomes clear to me. However, without knowing what I or we did wrong, we cannot accept blame because I am not khushi and the forum is not ASR 😆

For those who are curious, here the link to the thread

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2802247

Here is my original post:-
Put lipstick on a pig, dress it up any way you want,
But nothing changes the fact that a PIG WILL ALWAYS BE A PIG!!

(no, definitely not an analogy to ASR, although I so want to call him much worse names, but the bashing brigade is out trying to douse out any fire of dissent, lest their ASR's image be tarnished by the voice of common-sense and logic)

call it necessary for drama
call it a must to move the story forward
call it a daily dose of soap drama
call it TRP generator
call it necessary for the ultimate redemption of ASR
call it natural
call it heightened emotions for the ultimate ray of sunshine.

Dress it up anyway you want,
But nothing changes the fact that domestic abuse is domestic abuse.

NOTE - For the uninitiated, this post DOES NOT, I repeat DOES NOT refer to ASR as a PIG. So please refrain from using that analogy.

Edited by serialjunkie - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MentalExotica thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
AND SHE IS BACK.. SJ i was wondering why the post had to be closed too. ðŸ˜• 
So i am assuming that a well versed set of followers think we are running a nari mukti andolan LOL THAT CRACKS ME UP.
We are not hating on ASR but the portrayal of his sudden arrogance in the least humanitarian way hasn't gone down well with us.
MOTTO - "Opinions are like a**hol*s. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."
Leah1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I am surprised ur thread is closed!! We were discussing the CVs showing domestic abuse.and a fictional character ASR portraying it!! Nowhere it can be read that ASR is a pig!!😔

I hope the mods explain why ur thread was closed...
serialjunkie thumbnail
I've asked mods to clarify why the thread was closed, I am hoping I get a response with clear view of which exact forum rules were violated.

As I said, I will abide by the forum rules but i have to know which ones were violated before i can abide by them.

I thought our discussion had no name calling, no bashing, no silly rants. Every opinion stated was clear, decent and never bashed the character or other posters.

While its true what we discussed was criticizing the lead characters actions but how come its ok to criticize and call shyam snake creep etc etc and spare the leads. They are all actors, they are all humans behind the acting.

And I still DONT condone the domestic abuse shown in the show by lead character and I still think its wrong. Now, this may not sit well with some who have put blinders on, then they need to run their parallel thread with their povs or come here and state clearly why I am wrong.

But lets stop the patronizing.
SanzBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thank u for reposting the thread..
some droolers with no brains reported the previous one I think, thats why it got closed..
Whatever Loved ur post.. Thank god that some members of this forum still have human brains to work for saving the forum getting drowned in Drools...

Edited by Doc_Manaal - 12 years ago
-Drishti- thumbnail
By the time i read your post, the thread was closed so couldn't comment. In a bit of a rush now.. but I AGREE! Maybe this portrayal of ASR is necessary for the "drama" and TRP's etc etc.. but in NO way was it justified! No matter how he felt while doing it, no matter what he believes she's done (having an affair with Shyam) but that was NOT how you treat ANY woman, let alone your wife! I don't know why people think that by hating something ASR does, we hate HIM, or that we're bashing him... why can't they accept that we hate something that he DID! Seriously, just because he's the male lead and he looks hot doesn't mean we can overlook everything he does. These people need to grow up.   
CravingKhana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Just saw that and was wondering that...the closed thread...please let us know when the mods get back to you...I for one thought the convo quite invigorating and was happy to see some alt views aired and discussed quite a civil manner
btw love the analogy of khushi and ASR  to the forum
shena07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

maybe its a case of MU smriti like they thought u were calling the lead a pig😆...but u were not were u?😆

serialjunkie thumbnail

Originally posted by: gitika712

AND SHE IS BACK.. SJ i was wondering why the post had to be closed too. ðŸ˜• 

So i am assuming that a well versed set of followers think we are running a nari mukti andolan LOL THAT CRACKS ME UP.
We are not hating on ASR but the portrayal of his sudden arrogance in the least humanitarian way hasn't gone down well with us.
MOTTO - "Opinions are like a**hol*s. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."

Glad you brought the nari mukti andolan part.

Here is what is happening among women the world over.

In the beginning, women had very little to no rights, so our ancestral sisters fought for their rights and through much hard work and suffering made huge inroads. The things we take for granted such as right to walk unaccompanied, right to drive, right to vote, right to work, right to birthing choices etc were hard won rights.

The generation that was born enjoying these rights at times does not appreciate the struggle, sweat and suffering that went behind winning those rights. I say ask our grandmothers and they will tell you how different their lives were when compared to the ones we enjoy. They simply werent given any choice.

So the generation that has enjoyed these rights from the time their were born becomes complacent. The truth is when a group becomes complacent about its place in social topology, its the beginning of its end. So the pendulum will swing and we as human race will regress. How else can you explain new types of violence against women, work place discrimination etc.

And while we love our fictional characters, its never ok to accept everything they do. yes, we know we will continue to love them because they are FICTIONAL and they will redeem themselves. but until a time they redeem themselves, I as a viewer should have the opportunity to share my views on the current track.

imagine how boring this forum will be if everyone just rah-rahed every episode?
serialjunkie thumbnail

Originally posted by: shann20

maybe its a case of MU smriti like they thought u were calling the lead a pig😆...but u were not were u?😆

Categorically, no. 😆