Mahi_Bhardwaj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Hello friends, Valentine's Day is just around the corner and 'love' is a feeling that is shared not only between a husband and wife but also amongst family members. My parents have always been role models for me and I think their love is an inspiration for me and Naitik. So on this special day, let's give our parents a Valentine's Day treat with some yummy 'love' recipes.

Since I do not have too much time on my hands these days due to taking care of the baby, I have decided to make one of the easiest and simplest recipes for my parents, a pizza and I will give it my own touch of love by making a heart shaped pizza. You too can impress your parents with a heart shaped pizza, especially your mom who always scolds you for not being interested in cooking. Even little kids can help by using a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out hearts from bread slices and make mini pizzas. When Naitik comes back from work, I will surprise him with his favourite food. You can also help your dad surprise the special woman in your lives, your mom with some delicious home cooked food.

And since it's Valentine's Day, I will also make sure that I make something special for my saasuma-sasurji as well as Bhabhima-Daddaji. I will bake them a nice chocolate dessert. You too can make some nice sweet dishes as a treat for your parents, or get experimental and try out different desserts.

Choconana Recipe

Ingredients

2 ripe but firm bananas

6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped, or semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup granola, chopped walnuts, or sprinkles (optional)

Preparation

Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil or parchment paper. Cut the bananas in half and insert an ice cream stick into each half, as shown. Place them on the baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with the oil in a microwave proof container in the microwave (check it every 30 seconds) or in a half-full pan of simmering water (about 2 minutes). Stir until smooth.Roll each banana half in the chocolate, then quickly sprinkle with your topping (if using). Freeze until the chocolate sets, 30 minutes. Serve or freeze in an airtight container for up to a week.

Courtesy:  www.epicurious.com

These days the baby takes up most of my time and hence I asked my good friends Masterchefs Pankaj and Shipra to give me some quick easy to make recipes. Masterchef's delicious Little Heart recipes by my friends Chef Pankaj and Shipra will definitely melt their hearts. Below are a few recipes which you can try your hands on and surprise your parents with.

For beginners:

Crunch and Cream

Little Hearts
Valentino

For chefs at home:

Lovizza

Sweetheart
Strawberry White Choc Tart
Sweet Nothings

Link:http://starplus.startv.in/news/2929/aksharas-love-recipes.aspx

Edited by hinan.1fan_mahi - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nasreen- thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Edited by fazeel - 12 years ago
_vinita_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
is it for real??😲 i mean is she really going to prepare pizza in the show?? ðŸ˜† thanks for sharing.
kala_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: gutky

is it for real??😲 i mean is she really going to prepare pizza in the show?? ðŸ˜† thanks for sharing.

vini she vl surprise nk with his fav food dont know yaar hope they dont popat us becoz  v use that i dont mind if she dont do anything for dj and his family but def for nk bechara kitne din se ak k saath waqt spend karna chatha hai hope ak  do something special for nk
_Divya_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: gutky

Bahuuu!! 😡 ye san mahri parampara ke khilllaaafff hai.. 🤢
_vinita_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: kala_09

vini she vl surprise nk with his fav food dont know yaar hope they dont popat us becoz  v use that i dont mind if she dont do anything for dj and his family but def for nk bechara kitne din se ak k saath waqt spend karna chatha hai hope ak  do something special for nk

yup aunty i agree.. ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜³ waise not a big deal after chinese n pasta ..😲 pizza toh normal hai i guess ðŸ˜†
_vinita_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: divi4u

Bahuuu!! 😡 ye san mahri parampara ke khilllaaafff hai.. 🤢

g3 toh main ho??? ðŸ˜¡ 
bahu tu mere pith piche meri nakal kar rahi hai??😡 tumhari himat kaise hui ðŸ˜†
_Divya_ thumbnail
maa, EIO pe aao.. 😛
kumarandils thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2