Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

pragati mehra puit CBPragati Mehra's mood is quite

avivek75 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Pragati Mehra mood is quite somber these days. Why Well, she is unhappy with her role Maheshwari in Zee TV's Choti Bahu. She feels she is missing all the action as she is not getting enough screen space.

"I am not happy with the way my role is shaping up. Things began on a very good note but four-five months back the focus shifted on Barkha (Benaf Dadachandji), who turned negative, and now the focus is on the new Asur (Aman Verma) in the show. I don't blame the makers (DJ's A Creative Unit) for the track development as it is quite popular among the masses but I certainly feel left out now. I have hardly been on the screen in the past few months," says Pragati.

Hmm'this is quite a situation. So has she talked to the creatives? "No but the link has broken. Neither have they called nor did I bother to contact them. Initially, I did feel a bit sad but then realized that these things happen in television business. They promise something but something else actually happens," Pragati goes on to say.

Looking ahead, Pragati says she has been offered two new projects, one a family drama and the other a comedy, and currently talks are on. "If the offers mature then I will talk to DJ's and I am sure they will release me from my duties without any feeling of animosity."

Furthermore, apart from Choti Bahu, Pragati is also seen in Colors' uttaran as Divya Thakur. She opted to play the negative character Maheshwari in Choti Bahu as she wanted "to do something different from my positive Colors avatar." But she admits candidly that even her role in Uttaran doesn't inspire her much but she will always remain grateful as the show did make her popular and she is happy about it. 
This is rival site article

Edited by set_raj - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

viprakshi thumbnail
thanks for sharing...so now pragti (maheshweri) wants to quit the show..next will be Rohan..and last Dev also with Radhika..
Edited by viprakshi - 12 years ago
radha.avina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
her point is true... first BH was given importance and now it is Vn ... 
Nihariikaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Not even us even the actors seem to share the same opinion!!!

Anyways All the best for her Future projects!!
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This is really sad if Pragati leaves the show , she adds spice to the show and is important character in the show ...Hope good sense prevails as she is liked and doing great job with her grey character ...Thanks for sharing ...There should be balance in the show , Pragti is versatile actor ..
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Pragati has a right to feel that way.  She was brought in as a prominent person in this serial.  But her role has been reduced to that of a clown who gets 5 minutes in 5 episodes.  So a talented actress is being wasted while the ones who can't act and who don't belong in the story are dominating the show. 

There are others who are also being sidelined.  Wonder if they are also thinking of quitting.  It seems that both audience and actors are getting tired of one or two characters dominating the show.  But CVs haven't got the brains to figure that out.
Mona55 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
thats what these creatives of this show do they simply cannot do more than one track at a time like so many other shows whats wrong in doing 2-3 diff tracks at the same time and every one is happy even the viewers get tired of seeing the same person all the time especially when it is a negative character
                              ever since barkha has been turned nagative just about every has been sidelined all take turns for screen space as barkha
the lead role now same thing with this asur guy and if other are shown they stand arond like pillars
      no offence to all those who say there is too much negativity in the forum but the facts are facts even the actors are feeling it
gaga00 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing.. not only Maheshwari but Dev, Rohan, Virat, Mohini everyone is sidelined and underutilized... these are some very talented actors who we dont get to see enough of.. they are just present in the show without a dialogue// such a waste of talent... they show someone to the extreme and the story revolves around that person and next day that person just disappears.. CVs need to stop giving importance to one character at a time and do justice to everyone.. Hate to see her go but i wont be surprised if others start leaving bc of this issue.. BAD JOB 😡
chotibahufan1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing.  it is a bad news if she is really planning to quit CB.
sia_lovely thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Pragati is a very good actress and dons the role of BB to the the tee. Her expressions are always mindblowing. Sad, that the Makers are not giving such a good actor importance :(