Sensational South

*~Rajapattai Review, Ravi Review Posted on Pg1~*

sahi. thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Movie Reviews : Rajapattai

The versatile star, after doing tough and varied roles is back as an action hero that is in line with 'Saamy', 'Dhil' and 'Dhool'! And, 'Rajapattai' is a super-action film that again proves Vikram is one of those few inimitable stars in Indian cinema. 'Rajapattai' tells the story of a Gym instructor & Stunt man, who aspire to become a big villain in films. But, destiny has something else for him Tamil movie review - Rajapattai 

Story

Anal Murugan (Vikram) takes on the 'Dadas' who grab lands from innocent people. Pradeep Rawat is the baddie. Vikram also has a beautiful relationship with K Viswanath. Deeksha Seth, an IT girl plays the love interest of Anal Murugan

Vikram, is one of the most anticipated Tamil films of the year. Vikram has come out with yet another powerful performance, this time as a super-action hero. Deeksha Seth, the leading lady is cute and attractive and also a performer. 'Rajapattai' has given a nice opening for her in Kollywood. She will definitely make a big round here. K Viswanath's performance is worth mentioning. 

Performance

Pradeep Rawat, who played a stunning role in A R Murugadoss' 'Ghajini' has again showed the same hard core villain face here in 'Rajapattai'. Mithra Kurien, who played a vital role in Vijay's 'Kavalan' has delivered a neat performance. Thambi Ramaiah and Mayilsami have done other prominent roles proving their acting talents. This is yet another action-family drama of Suseendran.The director has taken the support of Seenu Vasan in writing the story and Bhaskar Sakthi for doing the dialogues. The script has enough action, comedy, sentiments and romance, and fulfills a wholesome 'Mass Masala' entertainment! Suseendran has included many novel features in the film including Vikram's 10 different getups that we never have seen in any of the films. 

Technicalities

Yuvan Shankar Raja is scoring the music. Songs and the visuals are heart-warming. The song 'Laddu Laddu Rendu Laddu'' featuring top heroines Shriya Saran and Reema Sen is one of the highlights of the film. The locations (Italy) capture our eyes. Thanks to the camera work of R. Madhi. Mu. Kasi Viswanathan has taken care of the editing department. SP Creations Ramesh actually started the production but due to financial constraints he handed over the production and the film to PVP Cinemas of  Prasad V Potluri. 

Verdict : Rajapattai sure can be declared a pure 'action-drama' entertainer that can be watched with the whole family!

Mark 3/5

Source : Super Good Movies

Edited by Ravi. - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sahi. thumbnail
Raviyin Review Vilayadal of Rajapattai

Epdi start pannurathu enga start pannurathu rajapatai ah pathi .In the last 10 years Vikram have given lot of successfull film any of his film is not that disappointing.His commercial films are all successful and films like dhool, dhil, samy and arul any of his commercial film is not disappointing. Now Vikram is back with a commercial filmwith  Rajapattai. But Rajapattai is not upto the mark and it is a very disppointing movie for Vikram and  it is worst film of  Vikram compared to his film in the last 10 years.

Storyline :

Movie start of with rowdies and the rowdies leader is Akka a female bad politician (Akka thaan padathoda villie and villain kidaiyavai kidaiyathu). Akka gand blackmail people and registering their land. Apo pathiga patta makkal valakam pola punch dialogue viduvnga "Ungala Thati keka Oruthar Varuvaruda" ipo thaan namma hero (Vikram) introduction. Vikram is gym boy and his anbition is to become a villain. Then the rowdies is chasing Dhadchana Moorthy (K.Vishwanath) Vikram valakam pola stunt pottu avara rowdy kitta irunthu kapathiruvaru. Akkas gang is chasing dhadchana Moorthy because they want to take Dhadchana Moorthy Orphanage and dhadhcana Moorthy doesn't want to give the orphange to them. Vikram vanthu Dhadchana Moorthy ku adaikalam kuduparu. Dhadchana Moorthy and Vikram will have a good relationship and Dhadchana help with Deeksha Seth and Vikram love. Akka epdiyo Dhadchana moorthy ah emathi avaroda ashramam ah avar peruku eluthu vangiruvanga. Akka ganga antha ashramam ah eluthi vanginathum antha ashramam ah idichuruvanga. Then Vikram super hero mathri paranthu paranthu action panni akka and her ganga ah ottum va epdi defeat panni and end la cinema villain agurathu thaan Climax.

Performance and Analysis:
Coming to the performance Vikram has nice he is good in action and dialogue delivery. Dekksha Seth heroine nu namba mudiyala padathula throughtout 6 dialogue thaan pesi irupanga and rendu songs ku varuvanga. She acting is like "naan nalla nadikirana illai sodhapurananu" apdi confusion laya nadichu irukanga. Deeksha Seth is a big letdown. Now coming to the villie akka avanga romba terror ah nadichanga ana athu sema comedy la mudichuruchu Like whenever akka shouts athu sema comedy ah irunthathu. Intha mathri serious villian role kuda comedy la mudiyum engirathuku intha padam oru sema example. Finally Dhadchana  Moorthy (K.Vishvanath) he has give a good performance.

Direcor Suseendhiran who has given hits like Vennila Kappadi Kuzhu, Naan Maahan Ella and this time with Rajapattai avar romba sodhapitanga. Onnumai padathula seri illai screenplay, story, direction ellam romba sodhapitaru. I am still in a confusion how come a good director like Suseendhiran could come up with a mokkai padam like Rajapattai. Songs paruvayillai rendu song nalla irunthathu micha song lam okay. But song lam padathoda sync ai agala. Padathula song vantha epo thaan mudiyum nu irunthathu. Action lam comedy ah irunthathu Vikram romba effort pottaru for action but they have make the action into comedy. Example Superman mathri  paranthu paranthuopening la lam adiparu namma Vikram athu comedy ah irunthathu but climax kitta action lam okay ya irunthathu. Cinematography was neat.

Overall Rajapattai is a Worst film of director Susennthiran and Vikram. Rajapattai romba mokkai padam padam start to ending namma mind la odura oru thougt epo thaan padam mudiyum. Rajapattai padatha romba mokkai ya irunthathu.

Verdict : Rajapattai entha pettai layum nikkathu

Rating : 1.15/5

Edited by Ravi. - 12 years ago
mellisai thumbnail
Thanks , Ravi.

not sure abt this one .. vikram didn't look convincing in the trailer (weird getup) but suseendran kaaga paarkkalaaam.
sneha_v thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
thnaks d ravi for the review ,,,,,,,,,,hope it will give him a break da...
lavanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for the review Ravi..
sahi. thumbnail
Ennaku time ai kidaikala so ennoda review monday thaan varum 😆😆😆😆

I have watch the film on the first day 😆😆😆😆
sahi. thumbnail
Originally posted by: sneha_vijay

how is it da?

Review la solluran 😆😆😆
sneha_v thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ravi.

Review la solluran 😆😆😆

ok ok ...😆😆😆😆😆😆
alaipayuthey thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Review la solluran 😆😆😆

🤣ROFLROFL
hopper_ocean thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Ennaku time ai kidaikala so ennoda review monday thaan varum 😆

I have watch the film on the first day 😆

Indha movie aah cinemalae partheiya daa😲 naan thalaiya taan muttikanum Thanks to meli i escapu from tittu and chappals from amma and anna anni 🤣 We were suppose to go and watch this movie last ngt annalum meli sonna movie not so good reviews are not much supporting nu. So i watched it online and got sooo disappointed.

This movie is not gona give him any break. Its so down movie. Completely am shock for vikram accepting such movies. None of the songs impressive me much. The logic of the story engayo idikuramadhiri iruku 😕 Heroin did okay. Vikram i felt over acting at some parts.

Like during the first fight scene in temple, vikram jumps high and stops on the top 😲 and did some scene there I just got no comments on that at all 😕

The only thing i enjoyed so much in the movie is the vayasanavar (sorry forgot his name) role., He played well as a tatta and i loved his cute techniques on how to sightadikuran girls and the logics he talks about girls ⭐️

Personally i never enjoyed the movie at all. I am disappointed as vikram could have done better movie then this 😕