Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mad_cap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: krutilynn

Hehehe...yeah? Anatomy is easier? I knew i was in the wrong field!!!

Well, you should blame the people who refused to admit me into med-school because i got into a fist fight with a guy who was harrassing me during admissions process!!!

did you break his bones - at least it would have helped the orthopaedician.
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

vidya ji i would like to ask one thing..as you are the right person to answer what is the ratio of males and females in the forum...

75-25 i feel more females are here...
mad_cap thumbnail

Originally posted by: guess_gallery

vidya ji i would like to ask one thing..as you are the right person to answer what is the ratio of males and females in the forum...

75-25 i feel more females are here...

this will be the question for the next contest. so start counting now Ahmed.
pams309 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
kruti..
why all these complicated calculations...the contest started with sopme rules...n scoring was fixed to some rules...why r we not sticking by those rules? instead of making it so complicated. ppl like us who spent lots of time n trouble answering, dont get disheartened?

i was with 44 balloons...i donno what happnd to tat. if ppl dont answer my questions, y shud i pay the penalty..
arre make rles simpler. just give tat pending balloon bak to "temasek" and announce first 3 winners..n tats it...
y all this hungama calculating..

even IIT scoring or IIM scoring cannot b this complicated...

Kruts thumbnail
Vijay

See each balloons sent is a entry in the database with 4 options in the status and with the Sender ID and Recipient ID

0 = Pending
1 = Correct
2 = Incorrect
3 = Cancelled (meaning Reclaimed)

In total there were about 200,000 balloons sent.

So its like when you send the balloon it is marked as 0 (Pending)

When answered: Correct would mean 1 and Incorrect would mean 2

If unanswered and reclaimed that balloon is marked as 3 (Reclaimed)

So there is no calculation as such there and the system just needs to counts the correct & incorrect entries.

Cheers,
Vijay

Ok, in that case where was the error in the initial program because as soon as i got an answer wrong it added a balloon to my account...and as soon as a friend that i splash got an answer wrong, it deducted. In which case original calculation of 160 net - leaving me with 40 makes more sense. I am not arguing against you. Please understand that i am trying to put together what people are frustrated about in more coherent terms, that is all.

I see your point...but like i said earlier, statistically the 1 & 2 are not adding up...are you sure that the system is not multiplying the code with the number? So that it becomes 0*pending + 1*correct + 2*incorrect + 3*unclaimed - i am not challenging you just checking... 😃
Too_Much thumbnail

is result ke chakkar ne mujhe meri shayeri bhuladi...
valentine ke din mile to usne mujhe rakhi pehnadi(joke dont take serious)
Kruts thumbnail
Pam, we are all just having some fun...since the contest is halted...we need something to do with our time, right? 😆

Ya, i also suggested to Vijay that he should simply announce the winners and start a new contest instead of getting into all this correction business 😃
Too_Much thumbnail
maddy ji but plz tell me what will be the rules in counting...

mad_cap thumbnail

Originally posted by: krutilynn

Vijay

Ok, in that case where was the error in the initial program because as soon as i got an answer wrong it added a balloon to my account...and as soon as a friend that i splash got an answer wrong, it deducted. In which case original calculation of 160 net - leaving me with 40 makes more sense. I am not arguing against you. Please understand that i am trying to put together what people are frustrated about in more coherent terms, that is all.

I see your point...but like i said earlier, statistically the 1 & 2 are not adding up...are you sure that the system is not multiplying the code with the number? So that it becomes 0*pending + 1*correct + 2*incorrect + 3*unclaimed - i am not challenging you just checking... 😃

interesting point.perhaps the pseudocode or the actual code for the calculation can be posted here for us to check.
Kruts thumbnail
Sree:

Kruts, this is so nice to see you away from Astitva section, talking about probability and all other stuff... I am having fun reading your arguments... I have always enjoyed the way you analyse things. But that was pertaining to the serial, though... This is really nice...

I am also enjoying myself...and thank you so much for your nice comments...i am glad people are enjoying my little tantrum 😆 😆