Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bigmouth thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
oye yaarz no pix or exciting news today?
okay well i have an article 😳

For a man who virtually came in from the cold, Himesh Reshammiya's career in 2005 was a rocking roster of chartbusters.

"I don't know how it happened," he says, modestly. "But the journey has been exciting, especially in the last year when the big banners suddenly woke up to me."

Earlier, Reshammiya was one of the also-rans, waiting at the fringes of the charts where Anu Malik, Jatin-Lalit and Shankar-Ehsan-Loy ruled. Tere Naam (2004) was a turning point. "I owe that score and a lot of the other things I compose to Laxmikant-Pyarelal. They are my idols. Unfortunately, that is not what today's average listener wants to hear. I realised that when Just Chill and Aashiq Banaya Aapne hit the charts."

More on rediff.com!

'Our PM is a complete freak'

The Bong connection

Rediff Movie Awards 2006

Aashiq Banaya, with Reshammiya handling the nasal sufi vocals himself, was the biggest single of 2005. "It really became big... yes, bigger than I thought it would. It is being played at every pub and party. I'm flattered. The good innings that began with Aitraaz last year really grew this year. But I realise the profile of music listeners has changed considerably. Today, the average listener is 23 years old, and he downloads music. My songs have to be targeted at that group. That's the only way a film score can work."

Hence, the sufi-rock sounds of Aashiq Banaya Aapne. One hears a similar tune in Anant Mahadevan's Aksar. "Yes, I realise that. But I'm not going to pursue that sound this year. I like to create a sound, and then leave it behind. This year, you'll hear a different sound from me in Abbas-Mustan's 36 China Town, Satish Kaushik's Shaadi Se Pehle, Priyadarshan's Phir Hera Pheri, Anil Sharma'a Apne and Dharmesh Darshan's Aap Ki Khatir."

Dharmesh is a significant Reshammiya convert. So far, both Darshan brothers -- Suneel and Dharmesh -- have sworn by the sounds of Nadeem-Shravam. Nadeem had done such chartbusters as Raja Hindustani and Dhadkan for Dharmesh's cinema. Several filmmakers like David Dhawan, who swore by Anu Malik's sounds, have also made a sly switch to Reshammiya. The composer shrugs off the melodist's mantle. "I'm not here to displace anyone. I'd be happy just doing my work. My time has been divided between composing for around six-seven assignments and serving as a judge on the music contest Sa Re Ga Ma Pa."

He is extremely pleased with the quality of singing he has heard on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. "One of the contestants, Vinit Singh, has already sung for me in Rocky. I definitely plan to use other voices, like Himani Kapoor, who is outstanding. We're a nation of singers. Not all Indians watch films, but do you know anyone who doesn't listen to Lataji, Ashaji, Mohd Rafi or Kishore Kumar?"
teenindia_usa thumbnail
Himesh roped in for Humko Deewana... video
IndiaFM | Saturday, 18 March , 2006, 13:28

Here comes yet another music video to join the recent bandwagon of the promotional tracks that's flooding the Hindi film industry. So, after movies like 'Dus', 'Bluffmaster', 'Garam Masala', 'Taxi No 9211', 'Aksar', 'Darna Zaroori Hai' and more recently 'Tom Dick and Harry' and 'Chup Chup Ke' that have used the same technique to promote their films, director Raj Kanwar's forthcoming movie Humko Deewana Kar Gaye will also have a music video to promote the film.

This special video will feature the leading pair of Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif. Music director Himesh Reshammiya has also been asked to step in the video taking into account his present popularity in the world of music videos. Interestingly, all the other songs in the film have been composed by Anu Malik.

Himesh has been roped in only for this particular number considering that it's a T-Series film. The late Gulshan Kumar's daughter and T-Series head Bhushan Kumar's sister, Tulsi Kumar gives Himesh company in the track as the female playback singer. The duo had last come together for the track 'Janabe Janiya' from Aksar that turned out to be an instant hit.

The video has been shot by T series and lyrics have been done by Sameer.
Print | Mail | Post your comments | Rate this Feature

>> More News

teenindia_usa thumbnail
Here is the list I went ot pm it AND GOT LOST TOTAL ARE 35 ACTIVE MEMBERS:

U and me naturally

preetie
cashmoney
qwertyasdfgh
vineetrocks
osnaire
kothra
bansari7
sherya13
annu1611
nba_allstar
amrit_rus
angel 11601
vinit_fan
Vinit_rocks
vinit_rocks 1992
ash_schwarzen(she has provided pictures will soonbe placed)
khloom3
dayeeta
celina7(who will rock this place and my pal)
sarkar
cutegirl10
engima
vinitlover619
ginogina
suneal
paaglhoonman
orangesoft
ans24us1
buttercup.tarum
badibanga
shanoz
T.fari
bigmouth

If left anyone out reply thanks

Jem I know this will take time. Tying it was so long lol
Edited by teenindia_usa - 18 years ago
NBA ALL-STAR thumbnail
HIMESHJI'S WORK-
Aashiq Banaya Aapne (2005)
Aksar (2005)

Anjaane (2005)
Banaras - A Mystic Love Story (2006)

Koi Aap Sa (2005)
Kyon Ki - It's Fate (2005)

Shaadi Se Pehle (2006)
Vaah Life Ho Toh Aisi (2005)

Aabra Ka Daabra (2004)
Aamdani Atthanni Kharcha Rupaiya (2001)

Aitraaz (2004)
Bardaasht (2004)

Blackmail (2004)
Chalo Ishq Ladaaye (2002)

Chura Liyaa Hai Tumne (2002)
Dil Maange More (2004)

Dil Ne Jise Apna Kaha (2004)
Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge (2000)

Hello Brother (1999)
Humraaz (2002)

Insan (2004)
Ishq Hai Tumse (2003)

Julie (2004)
Kahin Pyaar Na Ho Jaaye (2000)

Kuch Meetha Ho Jaye (2005)
Kurukshetra (2000)

Kya Dil Ne Kahaa (2002)
Main Aisa Hi Hoon (2005)

Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya (2005)
Nigehbaan - The Third Eye (2005)

Run (2004)
Shukriya (2004)

Silsilay - Affairs of The Heart (2005)
Taarzan - The Wonder Car (2004)

TERA MERAA DIL (2003)
Tere Naam (2003)

Tum - A Dangerous Obsession (2003)
Vaada (2004)

Yakeen (2005)
Yeh Hai Jalwa (2002)

Zameen (2003)
TOM, DICK, AND HARRY(2006)
AND HE HAS GUEST COMPOSITIONS IN-
-PYAR KIYA TO DARNA KYA ( OHDLI CHUNARIYA TERE NAAM KI OR SOME PEOPLE CALL IT PYAR KIYA TO DARNA KYA)
-GARAM MASALA( FALAK DEKHUN)
-HUMKO DEEWANA KAR GAYE( SANG A SONG AND MAYBE COMPOSED IT, NOT SURE)
AND HE RELEASED HIS OWN ALBUM CALLED " AAP KA SUROOR"
Edited by NBA ALL-STAR - 18 years ago
Jem4Himesh thumbnail

AnimateHR.gif

AnimateFC.gif

lets_rock_461.gif

Jem4Himesh thumbnail

Hello all,

Welcome to the Himesh Reshammiya fanclub!!!

This is for all HR fans to discuss his work/read articles review etc....

If you are a fan please do join!

Jem & teenindia_usa

teenindia_usa thumbnail
good job jem like the siggy.
Edited by teenindia_usa - 18 years ago
badi thumbnail
Good job ladies, excellent and keep-it up. πŸ‘

I am so disappointed to know that he would not be part of SAREGAMAPA anymore. 😭
Jem4Himesh thumbnail

badibanga - thanks for joining us here πŸ˜ƒ thanks angeπŸ˜‰

i know srgmp was hard to watch w/out him 😭

badi thumbnail
Thanks Jem, for welcoming me. Hope to read more interesting articles about HR. Any new pictures? Can someone do a bio on him - like to know more about him. Just saw him on B4U - singing Jhoom Jhoom - great.