Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sarkar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

The first thing that strikes you about Himesh Reshammiya's debut album (Aap Ka Surroor; T-Series; 2-CD pack; Rs 135) is the title, with the respectful Aap..., but nowhere in the title song is Aap used; it's Tera surroor throughout. Poets, we are told, know no grammar, but this seems to be quite a Line of No-control! Maybe, it has something to do with Himesh's Freudian penchant for tera, because it's the catchword not only in Tera, tera...surroor, but also in the next chartbuster, Naam hai tera, tera...tera, tera, tera.

But the album, with lyrics by Sameer, has 'hit' written all over it and is already blazing up the charts. Not the least because of Prashant Chadha's videos, like, he's got the next hot thing to take her first step towards Bollywood by wafting through the video of Naam hai tera: Deepika Padukone!

You have heard of Mukesh being the Voice of Raj Kapoor and Udit Narayan the Voice of Aamir Khan and Abhijeet the Voice of Shah Rukh, and so on. But now Himesh has set the trend of being the Face & Body of Whoever (that, being Emraan Hashmi). Get the cap and stubble and denim jacket scene? Then the Pakistani singers/Kunal Ganjawala's distinct nasal tone, which extends from Hashmi's earlier films to Himesh's Aksar and Aashiq Banaya Aapne songs (music and voice, himself) and this album.

Strange, because Himesh took off from the springboard of buddy Salman Khan's films and established himself with the repeated strains of odhni, chunar, chunariya; oh, yeah, Reshammiya's chunariya kind of sounds ! Now he has shifted gears into disco numbers with a nasal love message that would make any Punjabi pop — not papaji — singer, this side of Mika, proud!

The album pack is of 2 CDs with one of them having nine remixes and seven unplugged versions — value for money. But therein also lies the problem. Why stuff one album with as many as 11 (plus 16) numbers, when you've got a handsome clutch of winners with half of them? A pointer is Mere lamhon ki aarzoo which is a good 'heavy' lyric, but gets completely submerged in this 'club' album. And the second half of the CD has primarily Punjabi pop numbers which could have made a separate album of another particular mood.

The surroor takes over with the first (title) number and builds up into a nice high with the second, Naam hai tera, being an outstanding number. But it gets monotonous and watered down by the time the third comes on and definitely by the time you reach the 10th, Wada tainu (there you are, Punjabi!) which is a tabla-dholak number, and winds up, literally, with Nachle it's folkish (don't ask us what that means), but it's full of — not balle balle, but aaho aaho aaho!

Like you have, I love you Sayyoni, koi shaque? as the fourth number, and the seventh, Aashiqana hai dil, starts off with a Bhangra touch but veers off into a quasi-Sufi style. But the next, Chhed de pyaar di baat, begins with a Ladies and gentlemen intro, moves into Punjabi groove — Angrez de puttar kind of thing, oye yaaar! — and even incorporates a ladies' sangeet (no, Babul and bidaai) clip!

The remixes are done by DJ Akbar Sami, Nikhil Chinappa and DJ Aqueel. And hats off to Himesh for his excellent up-and-down voice modulation. But then he is a music director, after all. But having proved a point as a singer, he should unplug his nose and let loose his throat.

A word, and some, about the inlay: attractive, and very SMS- and ringtone-friendly with the cover even carrying the bottomline prominently, asking certain cellphone subscribers to call up for 'hello tunes at...' Hello, hello!

Edited by Sarkar - 18 years ago
Jem4Himesh thumbnail

Guys whats your fave HR song?

Mine are:

1. Naam hai tera
  2. Mohabbat ki guzaris ho rahe hai - Aksar
  3. I Love you o sayyoni
  4. Tera Suroor
  5. Aashiq Banaya Aapne
  6. Jhalak
  7. Zara Jhoom

Post urs here!

Sarkar thumbnail
1) O janiya ve. samjho na kuch to samjho na
2) aap ki kashish
3) jhalak dikhlaja
4) janabe janiya
5) o huzoor

There are so many songs composed by him that i like........ 😊
but what ever he has sung i have listed above.
~zac~ thumbnail
Mine are:
-Jhalak Dikhlaja
-Loot Jayenge
-Mohabbat ki guzarish
-Sohniye
-Aashiq Banaya aapne
-Aapki kashish
-Tera suroor
-naam hain tera
-Just Chill
-O O Jaane jaana
-Banthan Chali
vinit_fan thumbnail
i just LOVE ALL his composisions...and the songs he has sunged himself... 😉   😉 😉 😉
bigmouth thumbnail
okay so my faves are lyk ALL the songs he sings, but these ones i can't live w/out listening 2 everyday 😉
1)samjho na
2)jhalak dikhlaja
3)aap ki kashish
4)aashiq banaya apne
5)tera surror
6)naam hai tera
😉 😊
love,
himani
p.s. i will post some pics now 😉 😳
bigmouth thumbnail
http://www.movietalkies.com/artists/artist-picturegallery-bi g.asp?ArtistId=45485&StillsId=1385
i really lyk this pic--iono how 2 add it so juss click on the link 😉
love,
himani
bigmouth thumbnail
Sarkar thumbnail

Model Deepika  Padukone (the Liril and Close-up girl ), who is currently making waves on TV in composer Himesh Reshammiya's  music video, has now finalised for her movie debut.

Even as there were reports that Deepika was being singled out by Farah Khan for her next film, Happy New Year, the svelte daughter of former All-England (World) badminton champion, Prakash Padukone, has gone ahead and signed a Kannada film. 

Why did she make her showbiz debut with a music video, when she was negotiating with various filmmakers for her Bollywood break? 

"Music-video offers kept coming in, but nothing had excited me that much. When Himesh and his sister Roopa Chadha (she is the stylist) and the video director, Prashant Chadha, called me to their office, they made me hear the song — Naam Hai Tera. Somehow, I connected with the music, which has a fusion of western rock and Indian melody.

My gut-feeling gave me the green signal to go ahead.  I also liked the surreal concept — where the guy has gone through heartbreak, and now meets my character, symbolising optimism and hope. Besides, it was decent, with no vulgarity.

she loves to talk about her debut music video for music director Himesh Reshammiya's album 'Aap ka Surroor' that has just been released.

Nineteen years old Deepika says, "I told Himesh that I would like to listen to the track first before we even start discussions. Unless the music is good, there's no point in going ahead with a video."

Deepika made her debut in modeling last year and soon became popular in fashion world. Though she has been getting new offers everyday she prefers to be choosy and says no to skin show. In fact one of the conditions she had laid out for Reshammiya before the shoot was that there would be no scenes of physical intimacy

Edited by Sarkar - 18 years ago
teenindia_usa thumbnail
One of the most consistent music composers of today, Himesh Reshammiya has successfully established his own distinct style of music and is continuously rocking the roster of music chartbusters in the tinsel town. 'Tere Naam', whose album sale has broken all records in the last seven years, was a turning point for him.

Reshammiya is currently setting the music charts on fire with his runaway hits for Bollywood flicks like 'Aashiq Banaya Aapne', 'Aksar', 'Maine Pyar Kyon Kiya' and others. A person who is actually in love can easily find personal identification and romance in every song of his.

With 'Aksar', Reshammiya is hitting the marquee this season with spontaneity. Several filmmakers like David Dhawan, who swore by Anu Malik's sounds, have also made a sly switch to him. With Reshammiya, one can safely expect a musical score high on melody and soul.