Music Corner

A Tribute to Himesh Reshammiya (FANCLUB) - Page 2

teenindia_usa thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
more articles

Himesh sings for Tom Dick and Harry
By: Goher Iqbal Punn
Friday, February 24, 2006

Himesh ReshammiyaHimesh Reshammiya made the whole world dance to his songs, 'Aashiq Banaya Aapne (Aashiq Banaya Aapne)', 'Jhalak Dikhlaja (Aksar)' and 'Tera Saroor (album: Tera Saroor)'. He is like a fire these days amongst the cinegoers and listeners, not only in the country but across the globe.

His singing talent has been approved like his compositions. All love to listen him now. Filmmakers and music companies are running after him since he is considered to be the success of every project, he gets attached with.

Now this singer is back with yet another foot-tapping sensational track "Jhoom Jhoom" for Oracle Entertainment's 'Tom Dick and Harry' - Deepak Tijori directs the movie. Himesh has sung the track and will also be starring in the video along with, Dino Morea, Anuuj Sawhney, Jimmy Shergill, Celina Jaitley and Kim Sharma. Recently the video has been shot with Himesh where he wore his lucky attire with cap, which he has worn in his earlier videos.

Himesh has given the music for this track and also scored the composition for the whole film. This romantic comedy features Dino Morea, Anuj Saawhney, Jimmy Shergill, Celina Jaitley, Kim Sharma, Shakti Kapoor, Avtar Gill, Kunika, Rakesh Bedi and Gulshan Grover and will hit the theaters in April, 2006. Now with Himesh on singing and music, Deepak Tijori has won the half battle already. Makers and the music company are vividly seeing huge sales from the music stands and for the film at the box office.

Send in your views on this feature

Rate This Article
Votes : 8      Views : 548      Rating : 4.75

1 2 3 4 5
[1 for worst, 5 for best]

Recent Stories
Amrita, Usman love quotient
Katrina in RGV's Sholay
Tanushree Dutta in legal trouble

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jem4Himesh thumbnail

Following the musical success of 'Aashiq Banaya Apne', 'Aksar' and his recently released private album, composer Himesh Reshammiya is on cloud nine.

Reshammiya has proved his talent at not just composing catchy melodies but also at crooning them in a uniquely nasal style of his own. Sadly, the music album of 'Shaadi Se Pehle' doesn't have any song featuring Reshammiya as a singer.

Directed by Satish Kaushik and produced by Subhash Ghai's production company Mukta Arts,
Shaadi Se Pehle is a comedy of errors starring Akshaye Khanna , Mallika Sherawat and Ayesha Takia . The film tells the story of a man caught between two beautiful and sexy girls. Damn lucky guy!

Although the music of 'Shaadi Se Pehle' has Reshammiya's trademark stamp, it is not at par with the composer's previous works in the recent months. Majority of songs in the album have a bhangra touch and rustic flavour that Reshammiya deftly enmeshes with the musical arrangements created by the use of technology.

The album opens with Mundeya, a typical fun and frolic number sung by Sunidhi Chauhan. A song with a very conventional melody and tepid lyrics, Mundeya might have been better had Sunidhi displayed more spirit and gusto in her singing. Even the song's pepped up remix by DJ Suketu fails to make much impression.

Ankhiyon Se Gal Kar Gayi begins like a seductive number but changes into a full-fledged Punjabi pop song with Sukhwinder Singh showing his range of vocal chords. But despite all the heavy beats and bass, the song remains an average number because of its plain melody.

Akbar Sami adds an extra Punjabi punch into the song by adding dhol beats in the remix version.

Punjabi singer Daler Mehendi then wields the microphone to sing Tutiya Ve. It is not a dance number but a love song and Mehendi sings it with passion. The emotive appeal and plaint in Daler's voice makes the song one of the best in the album.

The song's remix, a lounge version, by Suketu, however, fails to do justice to the original.

The word 'Ishq' holds a very divine meaning for the Sufis. And a special emphasis on this word in Bijuriya implies the song's inspiration from one of the traditional sufi qawwalis. Talking of which, the presence of Sukhwinder Singh behind the mike is obvious and Alka Yagnik gives him good company. The song gets addictive after a few hearings.

Akbar Sami's remix version of this song is lacklustre.

Tere Liye is a dry number with pretensions of a romantic song. The song's musical format has the old mushy, lovey-dovey flavour that we are absolutely tired of hearing. Akbar Sami's remix version makes this song a tad tolerable.

Sache Aashiq again has a lot of Punjabi touch with catch-words like nach le and jind meriye. A typical bhangra dance number, the song has a quite charming melody and brilliant singing by Sukhwinder Singh and Alka Yagnik.

On the whole, the music of 'Shaadi Se Pehle' is nothing exceptional. It is certainly not the best from Reshammiya. However, certain songs in the album still make for delectable hearing

from apunkachoice.com

teenindia_usa thumbnail
MUSIC VIDEO LAUNCH      
Write to the Editor      Mail this story      Print this story
Himesh Reshammiya's hat-trick

Himesh Reshammiya has sung another potential chartbuster, 'Jhoom jhoom...' for Deepak Tijori's Tom Dick And Harry and has even starred in the video (in his lucky attire) along with leading men Dino Morea, Jimmy Shergill, Anuj Sawhney, Celina Jaitley, Kim Sharma and others. The film is produced by Oracle Entertainment.

Himesh is at an all-time high with his soundtrack Aksar topping the film charts (and taking over from his own Aashiq Banaya Aapne which was topping the charts for several months) and his debut album Aap Ka Surroor at the top of the non-film charts. The standout features common to all these albums apart from Himesh's own vocals and music are T-Series as the music label and lyricist Sameer.

HAT's TO U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by teenindia_usa - 18 years ago
Sarkar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Tere Sang Ek Simple Si Coffee Bhi Kick Deti Hai, Tere Sang...' Images of Bipasha Basu serenading Abhishek Bachchan come forth? But the man behind the tune Himesh Reshammiya says he is not a coffee person. "I relish tea, but I am not an addict. Twice a day is fine," says the music composer waiting for his table to be laid for an evening bite at the Rendezvous restaurant of New Delhi's Intercontinental The Grand. Ordering tea and paneer pakodas, Himesh says, "I eat four times a day. The evening snacks are a must."

Himesh, whose Tere Naam is still going strong, was in Delhi to promote Subhas Ghai's home production "Shadi ke pehle.

"I am a Gujarati by birth but having spent most of the growing up years in Mumbai, I can eat all kinds of food, from pizza to Thai, but given a choice I want to stick to Indian." A rice fan, Himesh says, unlike popular perception, rice doesn't make him gain weight. "On the contrary, if I start taking chapattis on a regular basis, I put on weight." He proffers advice to budding singers as well. "Try every kind of food - spicy to sweet, but in the right amount."

"Tumse Milna Baatein Karna can't be called catering to the masses. I have tried different things, but the subject should also be suitable. You can't offer classic Hyderbadi biryani to someone accustomed to roadside pav bhaji."

"In Just Chill from Maine Pyar Kyon Kiya, I have tried Indi pop, and in Priyadarshan's "Kyonki" film with Salman and Kareena, I am again giving traditional music, which is quality wise superior to Tere Naam." With 600 tunes in his kitty, Himesh says he is in the "zone."
teenindia_usa thumbnail
What's vexing music composer Himesh Reshammiya? Viewers observed a sullen Reshammiya at the recent Zee awards when he was adjudged Best Singer. He opened his acceptance speech by saying, "Hope this proves a point. I will be even better next year. I am grateful to God, dad and Salman Khan."

Earlier, at the MTV awards where he reaped two prizes (Best Singer and Music) he began by saying, "Yeh awards maine kharide nahin hai!" He has received the Filmfare award for Best Singer as well as the Stardust awards for Best Singer and New Talent. With a bagful of honours, why does he appear so upset — and what's he so bitter about?

I'm not arrogant

"Nothing, absolutely nothing," claims Reshammiya. "I am thankful and grateful to everyone for the response my songs have fetched.

Maybe, I am not good at humour; or maybe my straight-faced look makes people think it's attitude. But it's not that way at all. If that's what people felt after watching me on TV, let me clear it — Himesh is not bitter about anything. I am not arrogant. I am happy to be recognised as a hit singer and composer."

So what provoked him to say what he did at the Zee and MTV events? "That's because basically I am a music composer. Some people in the industry felt, 'can Himesh sing?' I am a trained singer; I have received classical training. All the tracks I have sung so far have been chartbusters.

So also is my album, Aap Ka Surroor. I just wanted to say that a composer can sing too — and be hugely successful. Moreover, there was this cyclone when we landed at Mauritius for the Zee awards — so it was just a bit uncomfortable and that maybe showed up on my face.

As I always say, I am grateful to the Almighty for giving me success, for dad for guiding me and for Salman for remembering and giving me that promised break as composer."

With regard to the MTV awards, he claims, "The event had a lot of fun and young elements, with a lot of wisecracks being made by everyone. I did my bit too. I said, 'Hello, yeh awards maine kharide nahin hai!' If that was construed as arrogance, it was wrong. I guess I can't play to the gallery."

Rahman nawazi

Reshammiya says he is not carried away by success. "It is difficult to consistently give hits. I treat every film as my very first. The industry works from Friday to Friday. I have to better myself. Moreover, I am not promoting myself as a singer. It is Himesh Reshammiya the composer who decides whether Himesh Reshammiya the singer fits in."

Would he sing for another composer? "Only if it the composer is A R Rahman. I respect him a lot and he was the first to tell me what a great track Aashiq Banaya was," says Reshammiya.

Himesh's films include…

Deepak Tijori's Tom Dick and Harry —he has sung the Jhoom Jhoom track
Abbas-Mustan's 36 China Town — rendered the title track
Satish Kaushik's Milenge Milenge
Feroz Nadiadwala's Phir Hera Pheri and Fool and Final (has sung one number in Phir Hera Pheri)
Anil Sharma's Apne
Pankaj Parasher's Benares
Dharmesh Darshan's Aap Ki Khatir
http://ww1.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/march/132754.htm

New article: Filmfare revived my hopes: Reshammiya
Subhash K. Jha [Sunday, March 12, 2006]

Email a FriendEmail this article.

Mumbai, March 13 (IANS) Himesh Reshammiya is elated over winning the Filmfare award for best playback singer, more so because he is the first Bollywood music director to win such an honour.

He won the coveted award for crooning the title track of "Aashiq Banaya Aapne".

"The award for the best playback singer is special because it's the first song that I recorded for a film. I don't think anyone else got an award for his first recorded song," Reshammiya told IANS in an interview.

Reshammiya is not interested in singing for other music directors but would make an exception for A.R. Rahamn any day.

"Only if A.R Rahman asks me. No one else! He is the No.1. And he did say in an interview that 'Aashiq banaya aapne' is his favourite track of the year."

Reshammiya said his song "Jhoom" in "Tom Dick & Harry" is going to be the biggest chartbuster.

Excerpts:

You have made history!

Yes, it's quite something. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend because I had a prior commitment out of Mumbai. Also to be honest, at an earlier popular awards I was neither nominated for my music nor singing in "Aashiq Banaya Aapne". I felt baffled. Why did they do that? Filmfare revived my hopes. And I was all set to catch a flight back to Mumbai but got delayed and reached at 11.30 p.m. My dad did go to the awards. But 20 minutes late.

For the first time a music director won the best playback singer award.

It doesn't mean that I see myself as a threat to the playback singers who were nominated alongside me. I do feel sorry that I didn't win the best music director's award. The award for the best playback singer is special because it's the first song that I recorded for a film. I don't think anyone else got an award for his first recorded song.

People ridiculed you for being nasal.

That's over. After the stupendous sales of "Aap Ka Suroor", where I have explored my entire range, that has stopped. Now those who still call me nasal are just talking for talking sake. I have sung seven super-hit songs, the latest being "Jhoom" in "Tom Dick & Harry", which I predict, will be the biggest chartbuster of them all. I insist I am not a professional playback singer. I'm a music director first. If I sing one out of my six compositions, what's the problem?

Would you sing for other composers?

Only if A.R Rahman asks me. No one else! He is the No.1. And he did say in an interview that "Aashiq banaya aapne" is his favourite track of the year.

Hindi News
'Paathshala' soars on Bollywood music charts

Let my work speak for me: Milan Luthria

Don't today's singers have anything new to offer? Lata Mangeshkar

Deepa Mehta set to make another comedy

'Tumhari Amrita' takes Pakistan by storm

Vidya Balan has fond memories of Karachi trip

Filmfare revived my hopes: Reshammiya

Shabana Azmi flirting with idea of directing

More Hindi News
Advertisement

bigmouth thumbnail
😆 haha kya baat hai teenindia_usa 😉 sahi hai lekin 😉 and thanx 4 the welcome 😳 okay well i found this 😃 :
For a man who virtually came in from the cold, music director-cum-singer Himesh Reshammiya's career in 2005-06 is a rocking roster of chartbusters.

"I don't know how it happened," he says modestly. "But the journey has been quite exciting, especially in the last one year when the big banners suddenly woke up to me."

Himesh used to be one of the also-rans, waiting at the fringes of the charts where Anu Malik, Jatin-Lalit and later Shankar-Ehsan-Loy ruled the roost. Tere Naam in 2004 was a turning point in his career.

"I owe that score and a lot of the other things that I compose to Laxmikant-Pyarelal. They are my idols and role models. Unfortunately that's not the sound that today's average listener wants to hear. I realised that when Just chill and Aashiq banaya aapne hit the charts," says Himesh.

Aashiq banaya, with Himesh handling the nasal sufi vocals himself, is the biggest single of 2005. And now he has won two popular awards for playback singing.

"My songs have to be targeted at that 23-year-old dude. That's the only way a film score can work," says Himesh Reshammiya.
"It really became big... yes, bigger than I had ever thought. It is being played in every pub and party. I'm flattered and pleased. The good innings that started with Aitraaz last year really grew this year.
"But I realise the profile of music listeners has changed considerably. Today the average listener is aged 23, and he downloads music from his computer. My songs have to be targeted at that 23-year-old dude. That's the only way a film score can work."

Hence the Sufi rock sounds of Aashiq banaya aapne... One hears the same sound from Himesh at year-end in Ananth Mahadevan's Aksar.

"Yes, I realise that. But that's it. I'm not going to pursue that sound beyond this year. I like to create a sound, and then leave it behind. This year you'll hear a totally different sound from me in Abbas-Mustan's China Town, Satish Kaushik's Shaadi Se Pehle, Priyadarshan's Phir Hera Pheri, Anil Sharma'a Apne and Dharmesh Darshan's Aap Ki Khatir."

Top five songs of Himesh:

Aashiq banaya apne (Title song)
Just chill (Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya)
Aadat ho chuki (Koi Aap Sa)
Aapka suroor (Title song)
Tera jism odh loon (Kyon Ki...)

Dharmesh is a significant Himesh convert. So far the Darshan brothers Suneel and Dharmesh have sworn by the sounds of Nadeem-Shravam. Nadeem had done such chartbusters as Raja Hindustani and Dhadkan for them. Several filmmakers like David Dhawan, who swore by Anu Malik's sounds, have also made a sly switch to Himesh.
Himesh shrugs off the melodist's mantle. "I'm not here to displace anyone. I'd be happy just doing my work...My time has been divided between composing for around six or seven assignments and serving as a judge on the music contest Sa Re Ga Ma Pa."

He is extremely pleased with the quality of singing he has heard on the "Hero Hondo Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2005".

"One of the contestants, Vinit Singh, has already sung for me in Rocky. I definitely plan to use other voices, like Himani Kapoor who's outstanding. We're a nation of singers. All Indians don't watch films. But do you know anyone who doesn't listen to Lataji, Ashaji, Mohammed Rafi saab and Kishore Kumar?"
😳
so umm yea iono wat else to post 😕
but i'll keep coming back to
see wat u guys have found 😉
love,
himani
teenindia_usa thumbnail
Both Shaan and Himesh Reshammiya are today considered to be in the A-league of people belonging to the music world. While Shaan has made his way to be amongst the Top 5 singers over last 5 years, Himesh Reshammiya has suddenly rocketed to the one of the most sought composer (and now singer) in last 1 year, though he has been around for almost a decade since he composed 'Odh Li Chunariya' [Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya]. And now there seems to be an alleged fight between the two.

While the soft spoken Shaan denies that any fight actually happened, he doesn't minces words when he talks about the current state of music today. Also he is a little skeptical about the market today as he says he doesn't know what it wants today. An example he states is about the popularity of songs of 'Aksar', especially 'Jhalak Dikhlaja', which have been sung at his 'nasal best' by Reshammiya.

Incidentally the two released their private albums just recently around the same time. While Shaan's 'Tishnagi' suffers from bad promotion and hence is a slow seller in the market (inspite of some decent numbers in the album), Reshammiya's 'Aap Ka Surroor' has been aggressively promoted for last one month and is selling like hot cakes today!

It also proves that HR knows how to tap into the youth which is very important so salute U.
Edited by teenindia_usa - 18 years ago
Sarkar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Bollywood stars are known for their fixation with good luck charms. The latest to join the club is the music director of the moment, Himesh Reshammiya. Post Aashiq Banaya Aapne, the director has been seen only in one ensemble, i.e. denim clothing with a cap. When asked, the musician confessed that his cap was his good luck charm. He had the same look in the video of Aashiq Banaya Aapne and the song proved to be one of the biggest hits of the year. So now, we won't be seeing Mr. Himesh sans his cap. With crores of rupees riding on the music of a movie, we don't blame him!

Incidentally, post his recent success, he has also been offered a deal to endorse a certain product. Though talks are on, it is too early for him to reveal anything. And like always, we will let you know, as soon as we do!

After having the nation under his spell with his mesmerizing rendition of the tracks of Aashiq Banaya Aapne, Himesh Reshammiya will be taking to the mike once again! He is all set to sing a number for the Abbas-Mustan directed 36 China Town, produced by Subhash Ghai. The total cost of this song is pegged at a whopping Rs.3 crores. Titled Aa Aa Aashiqui Mein Teri, Ja Ja Jayegi Jaan Meri, it is a hip-hop number with a poignant melody. Himesh decided to sing the song, as he didn't have anyone particular in mind. Also after having worked with Abbas-Mustan in Humraaz, Taarzan and Aitraaz, he shares a great rapport with the duo. Although, the director agrees that he can sing well, his concentration is on creating music. But one thing is certain, that Himesh will be a tough contender for all the Best Singer Awards. And now let's hope that he manages to recreate the magic of Aashiq Banaya Aapne, with this number!

Edited by Sarkar - 18 years ago
bigmouth thumbnail
Why Himesh didn't attend the Filmfare Awards

By Subhash K Jha | Wednesday, 15 March , 2006, 13:30

Himesh Reshammiya, the first music director to win the Filmfare Award for Best Playback Singer tells Subhash K Jha why he couldn't attend:
You've made history!
Yes, it's quite something. Unfortunately I couldn't attend because I had a prior commitment out of Mumbai. Also to be honest, at an earlier popular awards I was neither nominated for my music nor singing in Aashiq Banaya Aapne. I felt baffled. Aisa kyon kiya unhone? Filmfare revived my hopes. And I was all set to catch a flight back to Mumbai. But got delayed and reached at 11.30 p.m. My dad did go to the awards. But twenty minutes late.

For the first time a music director won the best playback singer award.
It doesn't mean that I see myself as a threat to the playback singers who were nominated alongside me. I do feel sorry that I didn't win the best music director's award. The award for the best playback singer is special because it's the first song that I recorded for a film. I don't think anyone else got an award for his first recorded song.

People ridiculed you for being nasal.
That's over. After the stupendous sales of Aap Ka Suroor where I've explored my entire range, that has stopped. Now those who still call me nasal are just talking for talking's sake. I've sung seven super-hit songs, the latest being Jhoom in Tom Dick & Harry which I predict, will be the biggest chartbuster of them all. I insist, I am not a professional playback singer. I'm a music director first. If I sing one out of my six compositions, what's the problem?

Would you sing for other composers?
Only if A.R Rahman asks me. No one else. He's the No. 1. And he did say in an interview that Aashiq banaya aapne is his favourite track of the year.