Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kruts thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Ok what i loved about the contest:

1) For most of the non-IF questions, i knew the answers -- is it not strange how much information one can hold in their brain and never realize it unless put to a test?

2) I found out why I am allergic to 18K Gold!! (because 9% is copper!!)

3) Discussing the contest with people on this post and making friends such as Pam, Jaya, Sara, Maddy, etc. etc. etc.

4) I realized that the only way to gain points was if somebody else failed - and i realized that this made me very sad - I dont like to climb on others shoulders to get ahead...i stayed active in the contest because i was enjoying the questions...but i wish the balloons were based on correct answers or questions that people DID not answer rather than get them wrong...

5) I was astounded at how much junk information we collect also - there were some IF related questions that i WAS able to answer!!! πŸ˜ƒ And i remembered the questions from the discussions, etc. in some forums.

OK - now that i have written on and on about me...what about you guys/gals?

P.S. - Vijay - aapki learning value tou downward sloping si lagti hai - the more questions you got, the less you answered... πŸ˜† {just kidding of course}
*dolly* thumbnail

ahmed ji

kaha luck hein saath

hota tuu i should have been the winnerπŸ˜†

mad_cap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Same with me out here.

1. While discussing questions, came to know some IF members whom I had never interacted with earlier - kruti, pam, jaya, sara (though i had interacted earlier with her on DM once on chickens, eggs, roosters and pahrmacology - all in the same thread).
2. Enjoyed answering questions. Enjoyed this thread a lot as it was a place to discuss many questions.
3. Questions on IF members always had my BP raised.
4. Non IF questions were interesting - there were many I knew the answers. There were some which made me take the initiative to do research (the eldest in the Kurukshetra battle for example) and the 18K gold.
5. Enjoyed chucking balloons, though the response was very poor. Only a few would bother to reply.
6. Hope there are more contests like this.
mad_cap thumbnail
And last but not the least, I received a huge number of PMs from members whom I do not know asking me to help them on questions they were unable to do.
Kruts thumbnail
Thankfully, nobody PMed me...i was trying to come on this thread as much as i could but more often than not, i had to skip because of work, school, etc...i am glad people didnt PM me...because otherwise i would have felt really guilty about not replying πŸ˜ƒ
mad_cap thumbnail

Originally posted by: krutilynn

Thankfully, nobody PMed me...i was trying to come on this thread as much as i could but more often than not, i had to skip because of work, school, etc...i am glad people didnt PM me...because otherwise i would have felt really guilty about not replying πŸ˜ƒ

Most of the PMs to me were related to medical questions that they were unable to figure out.
*dolly* thumbnail
maddy thank you for helping me..
you answered my questions very patiently..

and also because of this contest my visit to other threads were almost nil..which is not neccessarily a bad thing πŸ˜†
mad_cap thumbnail
And there were some areas I wished they had questions on:
1. Photography
2. wster dance forms
3. Indian classical music - ragaas, etc.
4. Cocktails.
mad_cap thumbnail

Originally posted by: dolly

maddy thank you for helping me..
you answered my questions very patiently..

and also because of this contest my visit to other threads were almost nil..which is not neccessarily a bad thing πŸ˜†

i had tried to help whoever i could.
Kruts thumbnail
And there were some areas I also wished they had questions on over and above the ones you mentioned:
1. Art (something better than initial sketches!!)
2. Things like infant mortality rates, life expectancies, etc - because it is amazing how important these details are in our lives.